FEPlanet Community

Full Version: The "Currently Playing" Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-23-2016, 06:54 PM)Lightascetic Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2016, 04:58 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]That's a sexy awesome Lowen. Like srsly, congrats. Beefiest beefcake on a brown horse I've ever seen. Dat hair's messing with his ability to hit things, tho.

That playthrough with the SuperCanas, I was also using Lowen, and Kent. They both turned out mediocre, with several levels-up gaining only one stat or, occasionally, none. Also, neither one got an S in weapon levels. Like, when I made a Link Arena team just to preserve the units in there, the first one, was Canas, Athos, Hector, Lyn, and Eliwood. Of the thirty stats in the screen, more than half were capped. Some from stat boosters, most not. The second team I made had the next best folks up there: Lowen, Rebecca, Dart, Harken, and Isadora (Yes, laugh. I used her). Even with stat boosters (Which I spread where they were needed, because good gravy dat skill stat hates me) the only maxed stat out there was Isadora's speed, which was a natural growth (She was, unbelievably, faster than Kent).

Yeah, I've used him on a few playthroughs, but he's never been this BUILT. I have Sain at around level 10, and his stats aren't too bad. I'm still struggling to whittle down my units to the ones I want in Endgame, I always struggle with that! 

That sounds like a crazy Isadora, and at least she's better than Marcus, haha. And yeah, your Canas looks insane, although I just got him and his second level-up was every stat except Defense. I always use Kent and Sain until they get a few levels, then determine which one is doing better. This time, Sain destroyed Kent so I abandoned him pretty early on. But Lowen, man. LOWEN. I'm pairing him with Rebecca, and she's such a glass cannon right now: she keeps getting STR SKL and SPD, but she's level 11 and her DEF hasn't gone up AT ALL. Sad times, but at least Lowen was blessed. 

Serra always works out well for me, too. On my most memorable playthrough she maxed MAG, SPD, LUK and RES. She's looking pretty good this time, too (with an Angelic Robe to help her survive early on). Only mistake I made last time was still letting her use staves, so she got an S in that and could never use the S rank Light tomes (although she still 1v1'd Nergal with Aura). She's a character I can never not use; I'm attached =P

I used Sain exactly once on my cartridge. He was OK, but far and away from the best paladin my game has ever produced. And yeah, I struggle with that, too. I was debating with Vaida. I always get good Vaidas, somehow. I stole her uber spear once, then gave it back to her after a few levels. That one wound up with 21 spd. I have a Link Arena team with her because I didn't want to lose that. She was level 19 at the end. She could've had 22 spd. Plus, her strength, skill and defense maxed out.

And yeah, lol@Marcus. I checked his averages for the one time I brought him to endgame. He was exactly average. About 43~ HP, 19 Str, 26 Skl (only stat he even came close to maxing), 14 spd, I forget the luck, and 12 each for def and res. I'd like to get picky about Cavs, but honestly, I use Oswin too much. He's a beast, and for a Knight he's got fairly decent speed most of the time. And yeah, Rebecca's Def is always low. Mine was. It was 8. She was level 9 or 10. Sniper.

I've also used Serra about exactly once. To get her married to Oswin. It took ridiculously long for that to happen.
(10-26-2016, 06:52 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2016, 06:54 PM)Lightascetic Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I've used him on a few playthroughs, but he's never been this BUILT. I have Sain at around level 10, and his stats aren't too bad. I'm still struggling to whittle down my units to the ones I want in Endgame, I always struggle with that! 

That sounds like a crazy Isadora, and at least she's better than Marcus, haha. And yeah, your Canas looks insane, although I just got him and his second level-up was every stat except Defense. I always use Kent and Sain until they get a few levels, then determine which one is doing better. This time, Sain destroyed Kent so I abandoned him pretty early on. But Lowen, man. LOWEN. I'm pairing him with Rebecca, and she's such a glass cannon right now: she keeps getting STR SKL and SPD, but she's level 11 and her DEF hasn't gone up AT ALL. Sad times, but at least Lowen was blessed. 

Serra always works out well for me, too. On my most memorable playthrough she maxed MAG, SPD, LUK and RES. She's looking pretty good this time, too (with an Angelic Robe to help her survive early on). Only mistake I made last time was still letting her use staves, so she got an S in that and could never use the S rank Light tomes (although she still 1v1'd Nergal with Aura). She's a character I can never not use; I'm attached =P

I used Sain exactly once on my cartridge. He was OK, but far and away from the best paladin my game has ever produced. And yeah, I struggle with that, too. I was debating with Vaida. I always get good Vaidas, somehow. I stole her uber spear once, then gave it back to her after a few levels. That one wound up with 21 spd. I have a Link Arena team with her because I didn't want to lose that. She was level 19 at the end. She could've had 22 spd. Plus, her strength, skill and defense maxed out.

And yeah, lol@Marcus. I checked his averages for the one time I brought him to endgame. He was exactly average. About 43~ HP, 19 Str, 26 Skl (only stat he even came close to maxing), 14 spd, I forget the luck, and 12 each for def and res. I'd like to get picky about Cavs, but honestly, I use Oswin too much. He's a beast, and for a Knight he's got fairly decent speed most of the time. And yeah, Rebecca's Def is always low. Mine was. It was 8. She was level 9 or 10. Sniper.

I've also used Serra about exactly once. To get her married to Oswin. It took ridiculously long for that to happen.

I think I did the same thing with Vaida: she's a very solid unit, and I think I took her over bothering to level up Heath, haha. I normally like characters that have a higher Skill and Speed over strength, so I'd normally prefer Kent over Sain. But, Sain's Speed seems to keep up with Kent's sometimes, and his Strength is much higher. I'd say Lowen is my favorite Cavalier out of the three. 

I like Serra because she's adorable  because her Luck is so much higher than Lucius', and her Defence is slightly better. She has that and is fairly close to him in terms of Magic (despite her awful base), Speed and Resistance. I also like the fact that she's pretty much the only female cleric (that I know of) that doesn't wear a veil. Dose pink pigtails dough. I normally pair her with Matthew: their crits are out of this world at A rank. 

I remember when I first played FE, and I thought Marcus was a God. I soon found out I was doing everything wrong by letting him steal all of the exp from literally everyone else =P
So, I'm going Sain this time. I'm doing Lyn's Hard Mode on mah emulator, and while Sain has 2 less HP than Kent, he's stronger, tougher, nearly as skilled as, and just as fast as Kent. It's ridiculous.

Also, Lyn's getting screwed out of her main stats. Skl and Spd are 10 and 11, respectively, at level 7. A whopping 2 points for each in 7 levels of growth.

I keep getting ideas of making an FE6 Hack with Lilina as a Lord, too, Hector having his 'Last Stand' while in his FE7 Class (and with altered bases) and generally making everything better about FE6. Probably would keep that 'reinforcements arrive at the beginning of the enemy turn' thing, though. I got used to that, kept me on my toes.

Also keep getting ideas for an FE7 Hack that combines Eliwood and Hector Modes for what I would term is 'the true story.' (Though considering Eliwood and Hector's support regarding Eliwood leveraging Hector's bad math skills to fudge the truth in his favor, Hector mode may in fact be what actually happened)
(10-28-2016, 11:19 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]So, I'm going Sain this time. I'm doing Lyn's Hard Mode on mah emulator, and while Sain has 2 less HP than Kent, he's stronger, tougher, nearly as skilled as, and just as fast as Kent. It's ridiculous.

Also, Lyn's getting screwed out of her main stats. Skl and Spd are 10 and 11, respectively, at level 7. A whopping 2 points for each in 7 levels of growth.

I keep getting ideas of making an FE6 Hack with Lilina as a Lord, too, Hector having his 'Last Stand' while in his FE7 Class (and with altered bases) and generally making everything better about FE6. Probably would keep that 'reinforcements arrive at the beginning of the enemy turn' thing, though. I got used to that, kept me on my toes.

Also keep getting ideas for an FE7 Hack that combines Eliwood and Hector Modes for what I would term is 'the true story.' (Though considering Eliwood and Hector's support regarding Eliwood leveraging Hector's bad math skills to fudge the truth in his favor, Hector mode may in fact be what actually happened)

As I said, Sain normally turns out better for me for some reason! I don't think I've ever cleared a Hard Mode, ever! That'll be next on my list, haha. Those Lyn growths are weird: at least you know at some point they should bounce back up. Are the rest of her stats healthy at least?

I only discovered the world of hacks a few months ago, and they're so much fun!! I've only played a few of them, though.
So, speaking of awesome cavaliers, anyone remember Amelia from FE8? I sure do.

Amelia, lv. 20 Cavalier
HP: 33
Str: 20
Skl: 19
Spd: 20
Lck: 19
Def: 11
Res: 10

Awesome, right? So awesome, in fact, that I wasn't sure what to do with her. Most of her maxes as a Paladin aren't that much higher, but I hate Great Knights (They look stupid, can't move as far, and are weak to armorslaying AND horseslaying weapons). I wound up not using her the rest of the playthrough. (Can't be sure, but I may have put up a poll on FEP for the express purpose of telling me which class I should promote her to)
Has anyone here played Final Fantasy Tactics here(I am 99.9% sure that people here have.)? I've been playing a good bit of that recently.
Pages: 1 2 3