The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Class Balancing Topic - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Tactics Online (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-23.html)
+---- Forum: Battle Discussion (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-37.html)
+---- Thread: Class Balancing Topic (/thread-918.html)

Class Balancing Topic - Nolan Kryptonite - 11-08-2015

Same as the item one, post new ideas and I'll add them to the OP.

- Knights/Generals get 6 Mov
- All unpromo classes BST set to 47 or 49 (since it looks like promo bonuses and growths are the same total across the board, it should work out for promo too)
- Possibly Warder WTA2 changed to magics instead?
- BST alterating for some classes?

RE: Class Balancing Topic - MMM - 11-08-2015

Give WTA2 horse/Wyvern units something to work with other than a horse/Wyvern and +5 hit? They seem horribly underpowered to me atm.
I also approve of 6 mov armors.

RE: Class Balancing Topic - Aless - 11-08-2015

So your telling me armors, who have around 8-9 more stats than regular classes, wta3, recent buffs to con and hit, control the entire weapon triangle now have same move as other units? Ok... sure

RE: Class Balancing Topic - Nolan Kryptonite - 11-08-2015

BST nerf tho

RE: Class Balancing Topic - Speedy - IX - 11-08-2015

There's a grand total of ONE promoted Battle(s) going on in FETO right now, class and stat changes are virtually free. Before we go tacking on even more changes to the units that were just altered, how about we actually try them out first?

BST altering for Horsies is there to keep them from strictly being better than wyvs (i.e. no bow weakness) while wyvs get the better stats. Could nerf everyone's DT Clerics and the already underused Curate promotes...

Things that have been discussed:
Enabling Monks/Mercs and the like "19pow classes" to reach 20pow
Altering Promo Bonuses for Pegs/Dracos
Lunar Kn Promotions

I even think there was another change discussed by the older dev team to alter B.mages and Warders so they aren't OP at lv1 and such
"tl, dr: troubs -1 LCK, +1 POW"
"All Warders - -1 RES, -1 LCK, +1 DEF, +1 SKL, Growth: +5 LCK, -5 RES" - Mint

"Horseunits pretty much feel like they're one up'd a lot of the times. In unpromoteds, Cavs are bad due to lances being unfavourable to use, Scouts/Raiders are quite outclassed by wyverns. Nomads are okay. In promoteds, hawks/dracos/troubs are better mounted physical offense, and Wyverns/Mounted Mages are, for the most part, much better dual tanks. I think that horse units should get their 2 BST back. Starting with 1 point below in unpromoteds, and being even after promotion. Not sure if Troubs should also get +2 BST as well though. " - Inan

RE: Class Balancing Topic - MMM - 11-15-2015

Lazy mode: on

(11-08-2015, 08:52 PM)Speedy - IX Wrote: There's a grand total of ONE promoted Battle(s) going on in FETO right now (more like a grand total of ZERO), class and stat changes are virtually free. Before we go tacking on even more changes to the units that were just altered, how about we actually try them out first?

BST altering for Horsies is there to keep them from strictly being better than wyvs (i.e. no bow weakness) while wyvs get the better stats (yes do this). Could nerf everyone's DT Clerics and the already underused Curate promotes...
okay here's the thing, thanks to the new natures, in unpromos, the only situation in which you'd ever use Curate over Cleric would be if you have an armor or gemini DK, otherwise Clerics are infinitely superior. And I won't even as much as talk about promos, obviously nobody uses Curates (other than myself obviously) since they don't get 2 range and their stats suck. Nerfing Clerics would be okay, nerfing Curates not so much, at least not now. (-1 Pow -1 Res anyone?)

Things that have been discussed:
Enabling Monks/Mercs and the like "19pow classes" to reach 20pow (yes)
Altering Promo Bonuses for Pegs/Dracos (yes but please put the avoid bonus back to 15 >_> )
Lunar Kn Promotions I think they're fine as they are except for that peg mage promotes in general could use some sort of buff to make them more useful since basically everything other than them that didn't get any boost at all were staff users

I even think there was another change discussed by the older dev team to alter B.mages and Warders so they aren't OP at lv1 and such (lol trying to balance lv1 meta k)
"tl, dr: troubs -1 LCK, +1 POW" (Wouldn't make too much of a difference for promos but full power unpromo troub is probably worth trying)
"All Warders - -1 RES, -1 LCK, +1 DEF, +1 SKL, Growth: +5 LCK, -5 RES" - Mint (I guess you could do that, +1 Def would turn out nicer at level 20)

"Horseunits pretty much feel like they're one up'd a lot of the times. In unpromoteds, Cavs are bad due to lances being unfavourable to use, Scouts/Raiders are quite outclassed by wyverns. Nomads are okay. In promoteds, hawks/dracos/troubs are better mounted physical offense, and Wyverns/Mounted Mages are, for the most part, much better dual tanks. I think that horse units should get their 2 BST back. Starting with 1 point below in unpromoteds, and being even after promotion. Not sure if Troubs should also get +2 BST as well though. " - Inan
Troubs really don't need extra BST, other horses could probably use it, heck I'd give them +2 BST starting from level 1 tbh

RE: Class Balancing Topic - MMM - 06-08-2016

So apparently Mage->Mage Knight/Savant got an extra point in Def taken from Res in the promotion bonuses which makes Savants kinda viable but I'm too lazy to build units to show the huge impact that has

RE: Class Balancing Topic - Falaflame - 06-08-2016

Mage -> Mage Kn. [Res Centric]
Stats at level 20/20
HP [2/5%]: 54.00
POW [2/15%]: 30.00
SKL [0/15%]: 26.00
SPD [0/0%]: 17.00
DEF [0/0%]: 13.00
RES [2/5%]: 27.00
LCK [0/0%]: 17.00
Defensive skill choices: Aegis, Aurora
Offensive skill choices: Corona, Wrath, Braver

These changes are significant. This gives us more Res Wall mounts we can work with. Previously, we only had Shaman>Wraith, but now we can do more of the same with Mage>Mage Kn.

As for Savant...

Mage -> Savant [Offencive]
Stats at level 20/20
HP [2/7.5%]: 54.00
POW [2/12.5%]: 30.00
SKL [0/7.5%]: 26.00
SPD [0/0%]: 18.00
DEF [0/0%]: 13.00
RES [0/0%]: 16.00
LCK [2/12.5%]: 27.00

Offensive skill choices: Wrath, Insight, Gamble, Braver, Hawkeye

This is a significant change. In fact, one of the most significant changes in stats we've had all year.

Before, everything Savant tried to do, Sage or Mage Kn did it better. But now that it now has its distinct niche that neither of the other 2 classes can do quite as well, it can become a devastating bomber, or a reliable hitter. Whichever you really need.