The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
[Feature suggestion] New game modes - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Tactics Online (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-23.html)
+---- Forum: Bugs and Suggestions (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-38.html)
+---- Thread: [Feature suggestion] New game modes (/thread-778.html)

Pages: 1 2

[Feature suggestion] New game modes - MMM - 06-02-2015

Most of the battles I see are either normal, Lv.20 or Lv.**/20 and whenever I start a battle myself there aren't many battle modes that really appeal to me (except for that one time I played Sadistic Backfire Traps Angel)
I don't know (as always with these things) whether it's planned to make new game modes for FETO 3.0 but here's some ideas I've had and that I would actually use once in a while were they to be implemented. Feel free to comment upon them, steal them or add your own.

- Reversed Weapon Triangles: Exactly what it says. Now tell me Lance is the worst weapon type Tongue And yes, you have correctly guessed that reavers restore the normal weapon triangles if this mode is active.

- Fog of War: I have absolutely no idea how viable it is to code it or whether it's a good idea in terms of meta balancing to include Torches... but it may or may not be fun. Maybe with a new effect for Blind to temporarily eliminate the unit's field of sight? that really makes me look forward to Fog of War+Traps

- Noob mode: Players get luckier if more of their units are dead, should work more or less like RNG Fairness except in terms of dead units and not the players' actual luck (which, having tried it once, doesn't even actually work). I'm thinking it could make battles between veterans and noobs more "fun" and balanced, although it could also just lead to frustrating amounts of misses when you have one healer left to kill.

- Multiple Lords: Has been discussed and I still think it's better to have as a manually settable option by whoever starts the battle, just mentioning it here again because I can Tongue

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - Falaflame - 06-02-2015

I could see all of the options able to be done tbh once development gets going. I'd also like to see more than 3 modes be able to be played. (with limitations still applying, of course, like not being able to play Sadistic and 2 RN at the same time to name one.) I'd like to see 5 modes played at once.

I'd also like to see a neat little experiment we tried to do on a certain new mode brought back, and changed so it cant be paired with certain other modes. (I'm looking at you Sadistic...)
And since I know you're probably wondering, MMM, here you go:
http://feto.feplanet.net/user/pastbattles/89128

Basically, it's the exact inverse of Sadistic.

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - MMM - 06-02-2015

I've wondered what those test accounts have been used for, now I know.
Currently I'm feeling outraged at the way RNG has been treating me after I've basically already lost so Optimistic mode seems VERY usable to me. And I would like to use 5 modes at the same time once, that sounds ridiculous...ly fun. Hell, I'd suggest a Sadistic, Backfire, Traps, Adrenaline, Fog of War Gauntlet to celebrate the implementation Big Grin

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - Falaflame - 06-02-2015

That feeling when the game kicks you when you're down, lol. I get it all the time.

Basically that mode is for people who hate getting hit by random 40s and especially caters to those who hate getting critted by random 5s.

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - MMM - 06-02-2015

(06-02-2015, 05:26 PM)Falaflame Wrote: Basically that mode is for people who hate getting hit by random 40s and especially caters to those who hate getting critted by random 5s.

More like missing random 90s *cough*
Those who hate getting hit by 40s should be playing Sadistic...

jk 2RN would do for that lol

Got a new idea btw, a Warp Battle where at the end of every player's turn (after the first time a battle has been engaged in, to not screw Orange over immediately) one of their units teleports to any unoccupied field if there is one (disable it on Nowhere to Run, maybe? It's the only map it wouldn't work in). Also make Warp Traps for Trap mode. RAGE! Big Grin

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - Nolan Kryptonite - 06-03-2015

>_>;

FoW is not possible. Well, not without reworking things like movement arrows so you don't run into trees/enemies without wanting to.

I'd like to see kill ___ units mode. That way FFAs aren't camp fests.

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - Falaflame - 06-03-2015

(06-02-2015, 05:37 PM)MMM Wrote:
(06-02-2015, 05:26 PM)Falaflame Wrote: Basically that mode is for people who hate getting hit by random 40s and especially caters to those who hate getting critted by random 5s.

More like missing random 90s *cough*
Those who hate getting hit by 40s should be playing Sadistic...

jk 2RN would do for that lol

Got a new idea btw, a Warp Battle where at the end of every player's turn (after the first time a battle has been engaged in, to not screw Orange over immediately) one of their units teleports to any unoccupied field if there is one (disable it on Nowhere to Run, maybe? It's the only map it wouldn't work in). Also make Warp Traps for Trap mode. RAGE! Big Grin

You're right. That's actually why i brought that mode up in the first place. The dumb 90% misses and the random 5% crits. (what the hell went through my mind when I said ppl who hate getting hit by 40s? >.> )

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - MMM - 06-03-2015

(06-03-2015, 02:08 AM)Nolan Kryptonite Wrote: FoW is not possible. Well, not without reworking things like movement arrows so you don't run into trees/enemies without wanting to.

I thought that would be the case. The suggestion's going to stay here though, I'd like to see that Tongue

Quote:I'd like to see kill ___ units mode. That way FFAs aren't camp fests.

You mean introducing a victory condition after having killed a certain amount of units? Yeah I agree with you there, that would make FFAs more interesting.

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - MMM - 06-07-2015

- Regeneration mode: the opposite of Sudden Death, 10% of each unit's maximum HP will be restored each turn.

That said...

- Sudden Death (Real): Works like Sudden Death... except that units can die from Sudden Death damage :3

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - Fredmir - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 07:11 PM)MMM Wrote: - Sudden Death (Real): Works like Sudden Death... except that units can die from Sudden Death damage :3

Should probably be posted in the 'ideas of 0 uses' but it's an answer to this

- Sudden Death (Litterally): A random unit simply dies sometimes at random turns.

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - MMM - 06-08-2015

(06-07-2015, 08:13 PM)Fredmir Wrote:
(06-07-2015, 07:11 PM)MMM Wrote: - Sudden Death (Real): Works like Sudden Death... except that units can die from Sudden Death damage :3

Should probably be posted in the 'ideas of 0 uses' but it's an answer to this

- Sudden Death (Litterally): A random unit simply dies sometimes at random turns.

Only if you do one random unit on every player's side and adjust for uneven battles. And forgive me the expression but otherwise it's really just too much bullshit Tongue

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - Nolan Kryptonite - 06-09-2015

Or Sudden Death where your units die in 1 hit when taking damage. Tongue

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - Fredmir - 06-09-2015

Better yet! (I really should go in the other topic, my ideas are terrible xD)

Sudden Live : A random unit gets revived at random turns

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - MMM - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 07:19 PM)Fredmir Wrote: Better yet! (I really should go in the other topic, my ideas are terrible xD)

Sudden Live : A random unit gets revived at random turns

There is just no way this is any better than having a random unit (ON EACH TEAM) die at random turns. =P

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - MaryGuertena - 07-23-2016

Not sure if this is an option or has been mentioned before, but night battles? (I think thats what they were called). Where units have vision (could be same for all units or some units like stave users or archers could have more, just ideas) and cant attack things they cant see. Similar to how fog of war works in Advance Wars. Also mode with weather (im copying these ideas off AWBW by the way) where it could randomly snow (reduce movement) or something (or maybe randomly go night lol).

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - MMM - 07-23-2016

(07-23-2016, 08:51 AM)MaryGuertena Wrote: Not sure if this is an option or has been mentioned before, but night battles? (I think thats what they were called). Where units have vision (could be same for all units or some units like stave users or archers could have more, just ideas) and cant attack things they cant see. Similar to how fog of war works in Advance Wars. Also mode with weather (im copying these ideas off AWBW by the way) where it could randomly snow (reduce movement) or something (or maybe randomly go night lol).

I brought up FoW before and uh, let's just say it's a bad idea lol

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - Speedy - IX - 07-24-2016

FoW is out in PvP, but I've even been thinking about weather myself

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - Falaflame - 07-24-2016

Weather counds like a fine idea, but it would eradicate the use out of maps such as Dark Fort and Intersection, whose sole use are for gimmicks that are the "cut movement by 2/3's" variety.

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - MMM - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 07:31 PM)Falaflame Wrote: Weather counds like a fine idea, but it would eradicate the use out of maps such as Dark Fort and Intersection, whose sole use are for gimmicks that are the "cut movement by 2/3's" variety.

>Implying anybody uses those maps to begin with

RE: [Feature suggestion] New game modes - MaryGuertena - 07-31-2016

Well you could have a random weather mode where sometimes its normal and sometimes its snow/rain which would reduce movement, or you can have a mode which makes it snow/rain all game so any maps could have the 2/3 movement gimmick if anyone wants that...
Also would give the option to make those maps even worse...

Another idea i have (again based off AWBW experience) is based on FFAs. In some FFAs in my experience some players hang back and wait for the dust to settle then clean up (this happens sometimes in AWBW with maps with no income). I reckon FFAs (where all players are evenly matched in term of units) would maybe work better if there was a game mode that rewarded aggression.
Perhaps have a game mode where a unit gains a stat boost for the match after doing a kill (so like +1 or +0.5 to all stats or something) to reward aggression. This mode could of course be used on other games besides FFAs of course.

Again no idea if this would work, i have little experience with games on this site, just some ideas...

edit: Also I like MMM's multiple Lords idea. Perhaps add in another box thing (Idk what theyre called, dont do programming) next to Unit limit: under the General Settings when a game is being started. It could say Lord Limit with default being 1 and the max being 1/4 of the max units or even have it up to the unit limit if the creator wants. Idk if thatll work or how hard it would be to implement, but i also like the idea having the option to have multiple lords and i reckon it might work better as a part of the game settings than a game mode