The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Is FETO going to stay only on the old forums? - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Tactics Online (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Is FETO going to stay only on the old forums? (/thread-629.html)

Is FETO going to stay only on the old forums? - keyofw - 01-06-2015

Apologies if this has been asked many, many times and if you moderators are sick to death of it - I just didn't see the question anywhere in this forum and I'm curious. Are there plans to move FETO over to these forums? If not, I could see why - that would involve an enormous amount of information to move - but again, I don't really know how that information is stored. I just wonder because I feel weird having to sign in to two different places whenever I want to hang out here. And, at least in my limited experience, it seems a major contributor to the lack of activity on here is that disconnect between the main draw, FETO, and the place people actually talk about it. Perhaps a move wouldn't be beneficial. I'm just curious as to your thought process.

RE: Is FETO going to stay only on the old forums? - Breadophile - 01-07-2015

Don't worry about offending us. You wont.

Anyway, that was the plan, but there are issues withave how embedded the code is in the old forums and how the guy in charge of moving it has hit some snags in his life.

RE: Is FETO going to stay only on the old forums? - Falaflame - 01-07-2015

That is, indeed, the plan. To move FETO to a standalone platform.

When it is going to be executed, I can't say. Sirocyl has a lot to focus on, and FETO is the least of his worries right now. He has a job in the workforce now, and he's trying to focus on getting a better job, and from there, is focusing on moving out of the circlejerk that is The Hamptons in Long Island, New York.

The time that's going to take, I can't really measure, either. It could take from a few months to about a year from now.

However, I cannot say the project to move FETO to this platform is completely dismantled. I'm just saying it's been put on a "When it's done, it's done" status.

RE: Is FETO going to stay only on the old forums? - sirocyl - 01-07-2015

For now, it stays where it is ugly code and all, and will not be changed. Development on its HTML5-based, independent successor is underway, but it has been stalled due to real-life issues and that I'm the only person with the proper development experience who gives a damn about this right now.
When the new version is up, it will replace the old one; a reset may happen, in which case we will keep the old system running in parallel for about 90 days from the point the new one goes live.

I'm finding some time, now that I have a PC (it's a Microsoft Surface Pro, pretty legit), to get back to work on it, and maintain the original codebase a bit more, but the plan remains, to move FETO (and these forums) to a new, independent system with a unified account management system, and also to update our cache of data with FE:A goodies.

I now have the ability to decrypt and rip the ROM contents for FE:A, and transcode it to something meaningful (BCWAV/BCSTM -> FLAC and MP3) and I can acquire a copy generously from a local library, or a certain friend in Australia.

I'm also going to contribute towards funding the site and server, as well, in the coming month or so. I do have projects which use some of the frameworks and ideas which I'm working on putting into the new site architecture.

I can't give a launch date, as we all live very dynamic lives, but I can assure you, the old FETO isn't planned to go offline yet, and the new FETO isn't cancelled yet.

Also, if it means anything, I'm typing this all from work. Gotta multitask. ;p

That'll be $34.59, swipe your card. Credit?