The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Monster Hunter!!!!! - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Games (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: Monster Hunter!!!!! (/thread-513.html)

Monster Hunter!!!!! - Pura - 09-18-2014

Monster Hunter is series of awesome action RPG games.
While it's a RPG game, it doesn't have typical RPG traits like leveling up or class selection during character creation. Instead, the only way to be able to take more hits and deal more damage is to make and upgrade your equipment, which can be done by killing monsters and using their parts and while there's actually two different classes, blademaster and gunner, your class is determined by what weapon you're using (melee weapons - blade, ranged weapons - gunner. obvs).
Monsters vary from small insects to large wyver-*something* hybrids and other cool things.

If anybody have seen a good MH gameplay, it's easy to mistake them as Hack and Slash game but that's not the case. The player must learn movements of a monster in order to kill it.
Sure, at first you're thrown to fight easier monsters who don't have much to offer but later monsters start to require patience, blocking and mlg dark souls rolling but in time even the hardest monster are piece of ca-
[Image: 51.jpg]
[Image: one-does-not-simply-avoid-a-plesioth-hipcheck.jpg]
[Image: 2i0yh38.jpg]

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - zac - 09-18-2014

i do love me some monster hunter. speaking of which, have you seen the release date for mh4 yet? i heard there's going to be a new weapon type so i'm pretty interested.

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - ScarletFlame - 09-18-2014

You mean the Charge Axe and the Insect Glaive, right? They sure seem helluva fun, but I think I'll stick to my Longswords, thank you very much.

But yeah, isn't the release date gonna be soon? Or is it going to be next year?

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - Pura - 09-18-2014

Kinda the same... I might try out Insect Glaive but I have a feeling that I'll just keep using Dual Blades.

I think JP release is quite soon but NA and PAL/EU/whatever release are early 2015.

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - Pura - 02-05-2015

Well, demo's out and... didn't really like Insect Glaive... just not my kind of thing. However, I kinda liked Charge Blade.

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - Speedchain - 02-16-2015

Who else got MH4U?

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - Pura - 03-03-2015

Me me me me me and I fucking love it!
And when I said I kinda liked charge blade, I meant I love it.

Also.. there's free DLC coming in few days (Link armor and weaponry)

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - Speedchain - 03-27-2015

I also really like the charge blade. I mained the SnS in the previous games and the charge blade is like an SnS that actually packs a punch, so I'm a fan.

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - Pura - 03-27-2015

Well, I ended up not liking it after getting to ~half way through gathering hall high rank and early caravan high rank and went back to good old dual blades (dashing through ledges for the winnnn) + while ago tried ranged weapons, liked bow so I'm trying to learn it, grinded Zinogre to get another G rank Narga set (rip 43 Zinogres (+ 11 Stygians)).

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - Speedchain - 03-27-2015

I really liked gunning in tri, but it takes some getting used to and it can be quite expensive. I haven't done it in a long time, so I'll probably take a while until I'll hunt the more difficult monsters as a gunner again.

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - Pura - 04-02-2015

Idk, it's not expensive... well, at least in G-rank. And playing as a gunner against Gogmazios (Fire Hyperbeaming Tar Gozilla) = best thing ever, especially with Narga armor. You can just shoot and handle the cannon while maybe... just maybe senpai will notice you once in every 5 minutes or so.

Buuut what really have been eating my dosh lately are weapons (12 DBs (5 finished, 5-6 almost finished), 3 LS (just started with them), 4 bows (1 finished)) and two sets of Gogmazios armor.

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - Speedchain - 04-03-2015

In G-rank gunning probably isn't that expensive anymore, but early on it can be tough to buy all the ammo that you want. Getting all those weapons and armour sets sure sounds expensive, good luck with getting all the money and drops that you need!

RE: Monster Hunter!!!!! - Pura - 04-07-2015

Yeah, it probs is quite pain in the dick earlier even tho personally I wouldn't use a whole lot status coatings since you can only carry 20 of them and usually like 10-12 is enough to apply the status only once (unless you have like Status +2 or bring materials to make 10 more)...
...Idk, maybe in solo it could be worth of it but personally I haven't really enjoyed gunnering a whole lot in solo.

I suppose I'll get everything I want in time. Money won't be a problem tho since I get good amount of Gogmazios Battlements each run which sell for 13k.
...and probably should look for blade armor that isn't weak for fire :S