The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Mario Kart 8 - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Games (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: Mario Kart 8 (/thread-270.html)

Mario Kart 8 - Falaflame - 06-04-2014

So who else has this highly-anticipated game? I just bought it today. (er, well, yesterday)

RE: Mario Kart 8 - Smash Bro - 06-07-2014

I don't have it, but I played it at a friend's house.
The tracks I played were great.

RE: Mario Kart 8 - Toogee - 06-07-2014

I played the demo at gamestop. It was great, but I don't have a wii u. I'm considering it, but I'm holding off just in case Nintendo announces a price drop during E3.

RE: Mario Kart 8 - Falaflame - 06-07-2014

I kinda like it, but it's also a love-hate relationship. lol

I guess it's because i still have to feel my way around the game but I end up finishing last in almost every race online. xD

RE: Mario Kart 8 - sirocyl - 06-07-2014

git gud scrub but nah, the strategy overall is much different in 8 than it was in 7 or 6, from what I can tell by playing online on a friend's Wii U. You can't slink back and expect to fly past the usual item catastrophe in the middle pack to pick up to 3rd.

The items are more balanced than previous games, in the same sense that a teetering boulder on a pinnacle is more balanced than a sitting rock. One thing could set you far ahead, or far behind, but the same goes for all racers in the room.

The change in strategy is much akin to the leveling of play in Gran Turismo 2 as opposed to GT1. In GT1, beating the TT records was easy, if you bought the highest spec combo, you didn't even need to tune very much. In GT2, and to a further extent, 3, you could more easily pass the records/BKT's with medium-high spec cars, and extensive tuning. The most expensive and highest-specced cars and component combos aren't best suited for handling, braking coefficient, or speed recovery as much as they are for acceleration, downforce balance and aerodynamics, and raw power and high cruising speed. They're laughably bad at courses with many or sharp turns and/or offroad, such as Laguna or Pikes. Even the Escudo Pikes version didn't WR at Pikes on GT2, iirc. Seattle Circuit and "Test Course" are the only courses they beat the others in, iirc.

... Man, I should get back into "serious racing" games, but the latest Forza and Driveclub aren't really looking so hot on my to-buy list. That, and I have neither an XB1 or PS4, and don't plan on it for a long while.

RE: Mario Kart 8 - Falaflame - 06-07-2014

My problem is that, once you get get by a single item, and get sent to the middle of the pack, that's it. You're staying in the pack forever, because they will be getting powerful items, and you will be fighting the pack rather than trying to fighting the people in top 4.

Then there's the item system. It's... kind of iffy.

Other than that I don't really have that much of an issue with the game.

RE: Mario Kart 8 - Neko - 06-20-2014

I like this game, I've been playing it single player and aside from a few lucky shots, it doesn't seem unfair. In Mario Kart Wii(The last one I beat all the cups on), it was BRUTAL on 150 CC and Mirror Mode, it was unfair to the point that if you got hit once, you were sitting in 5th and the computer WOULD NOT stop until you were in dead last. Now, you get hit and get knocked into 7th? You could make 1st no problem.

RE: Mario Kart 8 - Smash Bro - 08-27-2014

Check this out.
http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

Pack 1 contains Link
[Image: img-paiddlc-chart-zelda.png]

Pack 2 contains Animal Crossing characters.
[Image: img-paiddlc-chart-ac.png]

[Image: img-packprice.png]

RE: Mario Kart 8 - Speedy - IX - 08-27-2014

I wish Link WAS actually using Epona (or the bird) for this lol

RE: Mario Kart 8 - Smash Bro - 08-28-2014

(08-27-2014, 03:42 PM)Speedy - IX Wrote: I wish Link WAS actually using Epona (or the bird) for this lol
There might be LoZ kart in the DLC.

RE: Mario Kart 8 - Swift_Assassin - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 01:26 AM)Smash Bro Wrote:
(08-27-2014, 03:42 PM)Speedy - IX Wrote: I wish Link WAS actually using Epona (or the bird) for this lol
There might be LoZ kart in the DLC.

If Epona did show up, perhaps they can make a make mushrooms turn into carrots for the person riding her.

RE: Mario Kart 8 - Toogee - 08-28-2014

(08-28-2014, 02:23 AM)Swift_Assassin Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 01:26 AM)Smash Bro Wrote: There might be LoZ kart in the DLC.

If Epona did show up, perhaps they can make a make mushrooms turn into carrots for the person riding her.

Can fire come out of her butt when she boosts?