The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Member count thoughts... - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Site Matters (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Meta (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Suggestions and Issues (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-5.html)
+---- Thread: Member count thoughts... (/thread-157.html)

Member count thoughts... - Falaflame - 03-25-2014

I wonder if there's an available mod or app for the forums that alters the member count so that it doesn't count banned members and members that aren't validated?

The member count right now seems very bloated compared to how many actual members we have. It'd be the right thing to do to distinguish the adbots from actual members.

RE: Member count thoughts... - sirocyl - 03-25-2014

Only thing we could do on short notice is kill/delete banned accounts, which I will do once I get the new captcha up.
The account count on IPB cannot be helped, despite the fact that we don't even have nearly 90,000 members there.

RE: Member count thoughts... - Falaflame - 03-26-2014

Yeah i'm not worried about the old forums. I'm worried about these new ones.

RE: Member count thoughts... - sirocyl - 03-26-2014

Recommend we wait until the new captcha to purge the bans and spambots.
Reason? If we delete them, they will register again.
If we don't, they cannot use the same IP, username or e-mail to register.
IP address conflicts are the exception rather than the norm, and we have contact information available to non-members, and (worse comes to worse) they could use a friend's, neighbors, or public connection to register, after which point, an IP block would have no effect unless we manually enforce it.

Also, I need to set the banlist to compare e-mails by stripping periods, first.
We have a number of spambots, registering as:
sdfgh.dfs.jghd.k.fs.gj@gmail.com, sd.f.ghd.f.s.jg.hdk.fsgj@gmail.com, s.df.g.hd.fsj.g.hd.kf.sgj@gmail.com
and so on and so forth. Gmail doesn't pay attention to periods in e-mails.
Meanwhile, I would tell it to ignore anything after a + sign.
I wouldn't ban all e-mails with periods and plus signs, as some of us have alternate inboxes and other Gmail-specific features using those, and I'd rather be more specific with prohibitions on spambot emails.

RE: Member count thoughts... - sirocyl - 04-25-2014

Oh, on the topic of member counts: Vegeta.
http://oldforums.feplanet.net/index.php?showuser=90001
[Image: TMzdX95.png]

It's over 90,000 on the FETO/IPB accounts.

RE: Member count thoughts... - Speedy - IX - 04-25-2014

Almost thought those were the new member icons at first :o (but I haven't sent you anything) lol