The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Dell XPS One 27? - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Dell XPS One 27? (/thread-984.html)

Dell XPS One 27? - Mizu - 04-01-2016

So, I want one. XD Honestly the thing I'm attracted to most is the huge display. I've been going over the specs and it seems perfect for me but so does a MUCH cheaper Inspiron. 

I had an Inspiron before and it was great but it only lasted maybe two years. It started getting all jittery - keys on the keyboard died a lot then randomly started working again, it refused to accept the battery it came with as a legitimate Dell battery and then just kind of self-destructed. I paid $336 for it (I'll never forget that number -- it was so much that I almost fainted when I handed the money over to the cashier. XD) only to have it die way before I even finished school. The hard drive died, too. EVERYTHING on that computer was lost and I was using it for school. No, I don't back stuff up. Yes, I've learned my lesson.

So, I'm worried about getting another cheap computer just to have it basically fall apart right away. I have another three years of school and then two full years of huge online courses while I work full-time in my profession. I want something that's going to last me forever as long as possible but those five years minimum. 

Originally I was looking into and was planning to buy an XPS 13. A tonne of things happened and I put it off and now I need a computer but have no money. XD Honestly, between the XPS 13 and and the Inspiron, I feel like I should just go with the Inspiron. 

I'm a student so money is a silly myth. Rofl I'm concerned about money but again, I want something that's going to last. Basically I'm looking to be talked out of an All-in-One and into a crazy cheap laptop but I am willing to spend the money if it's going to last and do it's job well. I have a problem with liking silly unimportant things I don't need like the screen size and touch capabilities XD and disregarding the fact that I move a million times a year and that portability is something I probably need but am willing to sacrifice

If I spend money which I won't it's going to be an investment and this computer is going to be the greatest thing in my life or I'm going to feel depressed and cheated. Rofl In other words, if it costs me money I need to like it enough that it can keep me busy 100% of the day and last FOREVER.

HUGE wall of text and nothing important stated should this be in HOOT? x.x; ; I am the most indecisive person in the world and I need a computer but am overwhelmed with my options and I need someone to tell me what to do. 

I will not buy anything from Apple and I won't use an Acer. Those last three paragraphs are all I needed this whole post! >.<; FEEL MY ABSURDITY!

RE: Dell XPS One 27? - Seeris - 04-02-2016

I feel confused on whether I should help you make a decision on
what laptop you need or whether this topic is an affirmation on what
you've already decided. I guess it goes without saying, I feel the absurdity
of this to the fullest. c:

I must be honest, I don't think I had nothing initially to contribute to this since I'm
not particularly tech-savvy about your current predicament. HOWEVER, I do have a
friend who is extremely keen on the subject that may help you choose what sort of 
computer you might need for a reasonable price. I could casually talk to him about it in hopes
I might be of somewhat assistance and get back to you on this!  I believe this is the time for
me to get active on the site. Heheh

RE: Dell XPS One 27? - Toogee - 04-02-2016

I'm pretty happy with Lenovo. I've had a Thinkpad for over 5 years; still works fine. No idea what you want for a computer, but here's the Lenovo equivalent with 27 inch touch monitor. The most expensive configuration is still cheaper than the base XPS model.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/ideacentre/aio-700/aio-700-27/?sb=:000001C9:0001679C:#SYSTEM

RE: Dell XPS One 27? - Mizu - 04-03-2016

@Seeris: Yes, I am looking for help choosing a computer. =d I should have structured my topic better. >.< Lol

@Toogee: This is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm used to Dell but I really want to move away from the brand because I feel like the price is increasing while the quality decreases. I want something with a great price and better quality. I've heard some really great things about Lenovo. I've also had a few people recommend Asus but a few others told me they're expensive and frail.