The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Help is needed - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Games (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Help is needed (/thread-973.html)

Help is needed - Captain_Cross - 03-07-2016

Hey guys

So I'm actually new to the franchise and would really like to get to know Fire Emblem.
This means I'm definitely buying Fates, that's for sure! But I'm hesitating: should I pick up Awakening first, before Fates releases (I'm European so I'm going to have to wait until the end of may)?

Thanks!
Captain Cross

RE: Help is needed - Swift_Assassin - 03-07-2016

Hmm...Which version of Fates are you picking up? Unless your getting the special edition(which has all routes), that may help dictate it a bit. If you opting for Birthright and getting the others later, then Awakening would be a good way to get introduced to it. If your getting Conquest before the others, then maybe you should be looking for some of the older titles first. Conquest, before DLC, is harder to farm for exp like the GBA and older Fire Emblem titles(Sacred Stones not included), so an older title could acclimate you to that. Birthright (and Revelation) has a lot more opportunities to level your characters up, which Sacred Stones and Awakening offers as well. If it fits within your budget, pick it up. You should have plenty of time with it before Fates comes out to get used to the mechanics it introduces.

RE: Help is needed - Captain_Cross - 03-08-2016

Thanks, Swift Assassin, for your help!
I've not decided yet if I'm going to take the Special Edition or just one game, but what I'm fairly certain of, is that I will play Birthright first. So yeah, thanks to your advice, I'm now pretty much convinced that I should buy Awakening to be introduced to the series. Again, thanks a lot!