The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Games (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? (/thread-963.html)

How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Harvey - 02-09-2016

I'm scared that Nintendo won't be able to last this IP for very long and the fact that Awakening could have been the last game in the series if the game didn't sell well.

If its sold more units than Metroid, I'd be satisfied. I've wanted to search for the actual numbers but no luck.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Falaflame - 02-09-2016

Based off the backlash Nintendo got from the whole FE: Fates controversy, Fates may very well be the last Fire Emblem.

Not gonna lie, what they did with fates got them in hot water. It was the worst thing they've ever done since fucking up Metroid: Other M.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - MMM - 02-09-2016

(02-09-2016, 06:34 AM)Falaflame Wrote: Fates may very well be the last Fire Emblem.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Never have I thought this would be more appropriate to post than now.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Harvey - 02-09-2016

(02-09-2016, 08:17 AM)MMM Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 06:34 AM)Falaflame Wrote: Fates may very well be the last Fire Emblem.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Never have I thought this would be more appropriate to post than now.

Are you agreeing that its the last or you mean this in a more positive approach?

And um....still like to know how much the series as sold as of now. I mean that's what I asked in the title itself right?

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Falaflame - 02-09-2016

Awakening sold well enough to keep FE alive, but I don't expect FE: Fates to do as well just because of the massive backlash they got.

In other words, expect the worst.

But if you want more concrete numbers, here you go: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70704/fire-emblem-awakening/

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - ShinkuDragon - 02-10-2016

I love Fire emblem, i really do, but i can't support such blatant content cutting. i hope it's the last time they pull this shit off, without it being the last time they release a fire emblem game

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Harvey - 02-10-2016

(02-09-2016, 08:13 PM)Falaflame Wrote: Awakening sold well enough to keep FE alive, but I don't expect FE: Fates to do as well just because of the massive backlash they got.

But if you want more concrete numbers, here you go: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70704/fire-emblem-awakening/

Vgchartz isn't really all that reliable. Again like how I asked, Its not just one game but the whole series sales overall.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Toogee - 02-10-2016

(02-09-2016, 06:34 AM)Falaflame Wrote: Based off the backlash Nintendo got from the whole FE: Fates controversy, Fates may very well be the last Fire Emblem.

Not gonna lie, what they did with fates got them in hot water. It was the worst thing they've ever done since fucking up Metroid: Other M.

Because they disabled the touchscreen for "skinship"? Because they reworded a support so it didn't seem like the main was drugging the gay character? Those are the only "controversies" I've heard.

If anything is going to affect sales, it's going to be the fact that they split sales between two games.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - MMM - 02-10-2016

(02-10-2016, 10:47 AM)Toogee Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 06:34 AM)Falaflame Wrote: Based off the backlash Nintendo got from the whole FE: Fates controversy, Fates may very well be the last Fire Emblem.

Because they disabled the touchscreen for "skinship"? Because they reworded a support so it didn't seem like the main was drugging the gay character? Those are the only "controversies" I've heard.

If anything is going to affect sales, it's going to be the fact that they split sales between two games.

For one thing it turns out that they didn't entirely remove the skinship if it's with your spouse, and as for that support, I'll just wait to see if it's still in the game or not (Since there I'm not sure if it was actually removed entirely or just reworded) and then decide if I'm buying it or not. If they didn't remove either I may as well buy all 3 of the games tbh...

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Falaflame - 02-11-2016

(02-10-2016, 07:12 AM)Harvey Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 08:13 PM)Falaflame Wrote: Awakening sold well enough to keep FE alive, but I don't expect FE: Fates to do as well just because of the massive backlash they got.

Vgchartz isn't really all that reliable. Again like how I asked, Its not just one game but the whole series sales overall.

I heard the sales drops only became noticable once Path of Radiance came out. The game was about 50-60$ at the time and not everyone could afford that much for a niche title. And then it became blatantly apparent once Radiant Dawn came out for the same gaudy price range and an even worse game in terms of content. Then Shadow Dragon came on and they were still reeling from the losses they incurred from Radiant Dawn. And FE12 sold so badly in Japan that they couldn't bother making an international release.

That's how FE: Awakening was FE's last gasp before it racked in an enormous amount of sales again.

I don't have any concrete numbers on hand for the series in whole, but later on I can look up individual sales and then compile them together using basic math.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Harvey - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 01:21 AM)Falaflame Wrote:
(02-10-2016, 07:12 AM)Harvey Wrote: Vgchartz isn't really all that reliable. Again like how I asked, Its not just one game but the whole series sales overall.

I heard the sales drops only became noticable once Path of Radiance came out. The game was about 50-60$ at the time and not everyone could afford that much for a niche title. And then it became blatantly apparent once Radiant Dawn came out for the same gaudy price range and an even worse game in terms of content. Then Shadow Dragon came on and they were still reeling from the losses they incurred from Radiant Dawn. And FE12 sold so badly in Japan that they couldn't bother making an international release.

That's how FE: Awakening was FE's last gasp before it racked in an enormous amount of sales again.

I don't have any concrete numbers on hand for the series in whole, but later on I can look up individual sales and then compile them together using basic math.

Man, that's depressing. I'm glad that it'll continue. Infact, its one of the only franchises that Nintendo has made for the older audience. It would be awesome if it sold more than 10 million units.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Toogee - 02-24-2016

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/24/fire-emblem-fates-sells-through-300k-copies-at-launch

"This makes Fates the fastest-selling game in the franchise, having sold more than five times as many copies as 2013’s Fire Emblem Awakening"

300,000 in US in less than a week. Looks like we've got nothing to worry about after all Smile.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Falaflame - 02-24-2016

I'm honestly surprised it sold at all considering all the backlash Fates got on the internet.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - MMM - 02-24-2016

The internet is a lie anyway.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Falaflame - 02-24-2016

Reality is a lie.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Speedy - IX - 02-24-2016

Welp that would explain all the pre-order issues...As long as it's still fire emblem ppl were gonna buy it anyways...whatever it's called now; Waifu Wars?

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Swift_Assassin - 02-24-2016

I'm happy about it. Hell, before Awakening, I didn't know anyone in my area even heard of Fire Emblem outside of its Smash cameos. But now I have a friend who plays it(who reminded me to buy the Fates SE), my cousin plays it, and some friends of a friend of mine play it(not sure if it wasn't because of the 'waifu' aspect with them though). Getting a bit of a laugh at seeing all the 'They are selling it like it's Pokemon, idiots' comments and almost everyone explaining its not on that link though.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Harvey - 04-12-2016

It just makes me wonder what Nintendo will do next for the series though.....I mean, they would have to think of something really as great as Fates to pull off the next one.

RE: How many units has the Franchise sold as of now? - Falaflame - 04-13-2016

I just hope Nintendo learns their lesson from the disgusting Treehouse incident that we'd like to call Fire Emblem Fates and take a bit more control over their own games, and as well, screen whoever they hire next time. On the other hand, I'm at least glad they fired Alison Rapp. She was just cancer.

I'm disgusted that NoA took advantage of the fact that Nintendo's upper management is still reeling over the loss of Satoru Iwata and the management changes.