The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Old FEP? - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Highly Opinionated & Off Topic (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Old FEP? (/thread-955.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Old FEP? - Mizu - 03-31-2016

Not gonna lie... I've been messing around on the old forums for almost 6 hours... v.v;;

A lot of fun memories though.

RE: Old FEP? - WyvernSlayer - 03-31-2016

(03-31-2016, 04:50 AM)Mizu Wrote: Not gonna lie... I've been messing around on the old forums for almost 6 hours... v.v;;

A lot of fun memories though.

Yep, right there with you.  Find a forum, type my name in the search bar, reflect on my vanity, and see what comes up.

(03-31-2016, 03:12 AM)Cheffy Wrote: You guys are really making me regret locking up my old FEP account and throwing away the key.  

Curiosity status: Hella.

I'm sure I could pester the Fens to set you up again, if you wanted.  His Flyers won last night, so he's in a good mood.

Also: Holy shit it's Eltoshen!

RE: Old FEP? - Falaflame - 03-31-2016

(03-30-2016, 09:53 PM)Eltoshen Wrote:
(03-05-2016, 04:07 PM)Falaflame Wrote: You know.

I can't help, but think, how different we would be right now if Exxeh didn't entrust everything to SaS. If, instead, she trusted someone else entirely with the site.

These memories...and I was only around 15 back then.  and now I'm almost 23?  Damn, time flies.

I don't even remember what happened.  I just recall Exxeh creating a new forum platform entirely on her own (which I thought was beautiful), and then the big rift that happened when she wanted FEP back and kicked out all of the other staff (except me because we were friendly back then).  All I remember back then, in retrospect, was that I felt so attacked all the time so I basically lashed out like a dumb teenager, mainly because Marcus was such an asshole to me for every little thing.

That's practically how the site fell from it's peak, though.  Eventually SaS got bored of Fire Emblem, got obsessed with gpx, I basically had nothing to do so I left, and couldn't afford a Wii back then to play Radiant Dawn.  btw, I just remembered this site randomly when somebody mentioned video games in my telegram chat lol.

Anyways, hi.

EDIT: yikes i'm rereading posts there and i'm getting /triggered

I know. I read some posts from there, and I honestly, to this day, still can't believe FEP is still alive after having a staff team like that. Most forums would cease to exist after having a team like that. I mean granted, we're still on a downscale, but we still have a few members left to keep the fire warm here, and we're trying to change everything so that we have a positive environment here, and that we maintain said positive environment. That being said, I don't want to see, say, 2007-2010 ever again.

And to run down the four names i previously mentioned.

Wymsy: She was alright, up until she was given a moderating position. Then she let the power go to her head. And when she did, she really let it get to her head. And then, never looked back. I still remember the awful "No 'BAWWW I'M LEAVING' threads allowed" thread that she made that made the staff members appear aggressive and fight-seeking towards the member base, which isn't exactly a good welcoming statement to make towards newbies.

SaS: He wasn't bad during his global mod days, but as soon as he got the keys to the site, I noticed a shift in attitude almost immediately. He turned a face-heel from a fair mod with a sense of humor to a tyrannical admin who gave no fucks about the memberbase. He's basically what happened to Wymsy, but on a far worse scale. It started with him claiming full ownership to FEP and belittle any effort Exxeh ever put to the site. (I was there when that spat happened) And then there's the Luddy situation. I mean, I know Luddy was acting like an asswipe, but to include a function in the ACP of FETO to TAKE CONTROL OF ANOTHER GODDAMN PERSON'S ACCOUNT and force Luddy, without consent no less, into a battle with you just for shits and giggles IS GOING WAY TOO FUCKING FAR. This is the reason why I honestly can't believe Exxeh entrusted the site to him to begin with.

Zerxer: He did nothing notorious other than being SaS's Yesman and joining in on drama that SaS himself provoked, and backing him up all the way without any question. Yep.

Marcus: Do I really have to explain why he was a pretty bad choice for modding duties?

And then there's other people like Rei and Phyrro who I'm also not fond of. Mainly because they were also Yesmen of some sort and they had the totalitarian views of being a staff member, which is a quality (or rather, lack of) I really dislike.

And yes, though not everyone in the old days were as bad as they were, let me just say that the fact that I can remember those 5 staff members for what harm they did to the sites, and not much in the form of actual good staff members, just tells you how truly awful the old staff was. Yes, I can count more bad staff members that I remember than I can count good staff members I can remember. It was ridiculous.

And while I am bashing these people now, that's not to say I'm not guilty of some of my own actions I used to do during that time. But here's the difference. I realized my mistake, and worked on fixing it, and became a better person. A lot of those I listed probably won't change until something drastic happened to them that forced them to grow up ASAP.

And that's just the reasons why they are bad staff members, individually. The reason they are a bad TEAM is simple. I said this before, and I'll say it again. It was a gigantic circlejerk. If you're not exactly popular, aren't in their friend circle, and/or posted views that conflicted with them, you're getting shit on. I learned this the hard way.

"But Fala, this was from 2010. How do you know for sure that they are this way now?"

Don't give them too much credit. I honestly doubt they would have changed their ways at all, because of the bubble they lived in for the longest time, without any opposition. Until they somehow make their way back here, and convince me otherwise, my views about them will never change today, nor will it change 5 years from now.

Edit: Also, this post took me an hour to write. This should tell you how much I hated the way the old staff ran things here.

RE: Old FEP? - WyvernSlayer - 03-31-2016

Please don't lash out at me for this, Fala, but... the way you say this:
Quote:Don't give them too much credit. I honestly doubt they would have changed their ways at all, because of the bubble they lived in for the longest time, without any opposition. Until they somehow make their way back here, and convince me otherwise, my views about them will never change today, nor will it change 5 years from now.

...makes you sound a lot like Rei.

2010 was a long time ago.  I mean, if you and I can look back and go "MAN I was an asshole back then," who's to say they wouldn't do the same?

RE: Old FEP? - Cheffy - 03-31-2016

Alright, I'm sold. All you admin types, can one of you please unlock the keys to my old cheffy account? I know I was a raging toolbag back in the day, but I'm hella curious.

RE: Old FEP? - Falaflame - 03-31-2016

(03-31-2016, 01:53 PM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: Please don't lash out at me for this, Fala, but... the way you say this:
Quote:Don't give them too much credit. I honestly doubt they would have changed their ways at all, because of the bubble they lived in for the longest time, without any opposition. Until they somehow make their way back here, and convince me otherwise, my views about them will never change today, nor will it change 5 years from now.

...makes you sound a lot like Rei.

2010 was a long time ago.  I mean, if you and I can look back and go "MAN I was an asshole back then," who's to say they wouldn't do the same?

My apologies. I kinda got carried away.

I just have very strong feelings about the old staff. Nothing good about those feelings, either. After the 7th layer of hell and back I went through with them, I can't be certain that I'm to be blamed for my feelings. I've been bullied a lot during my childhood, and just thinking about what happened back then, it might as well not have been any different.

RE: Old FEP? - Donny - 04-01-2016

The nostalgia is real and very, very sad. Oh for the old days of running Skylessia 2 and playing around in RL... So many old people I haven't seen in years.

RE: Old FEP? - WyvernSlayer - 04-01-2016

(03-31-2016, 09:34 PM)Cheffy Wrote: Alright, I'm sold.  All you admin types, can one of you please unlock the keys to my old cheffy account? I know I was a raging toolbag back in the day, but I'm hella curious.

I've sent a pretty-please over to fensti via FB, on your behalf.

RE: Old FEP? - Cheffy - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 08:25 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 09:34 PM)Cheffy Wrote: Alright, I'm sold. ....

I've sent a pretty-please over to fensti via FB, on your behalf.

Thanks chap. I'd offer you a copokie, but we both know that joke was old well before I left.

RE: Old FEP? - WyvernSlayer - 04-02-2016

(04-01-2016, 10:29 PM)Cheffy Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 08:25 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: I've sent a pretty-please over to fensti via FB, on your behalf.

Thanks chap. I'd offer you a copokie, but we both know that joke was old well before I left.

Oh god, copokies.  Those were like herpes to peoples' signatures.

RE: Old FEP? - Mizu - 04-03-2016

Copokies were always great. I liked reading the ingredients lists. XD

RE: Old FEP? - Cheffy - 04-04-2016

The ingredients were just terrible puns and bread, milk, eggs, squick, Shenanigans, I tell you.

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 04-04-2016

I remember that the mere mention of copokies pissed me off to no end. As to why that was the case, I don't remember at all.

RE: Old FEP? - Mizu - 04-04-2016

Maybe you were sad because you never got any? Although I think just about everyone who wanted some got a tonne. Lol Most likely you were irked when they blew up and everyone was making a big deal about them. They WERE make-believe cookies. Delicious make-believe cookies with fantastic ingredients.

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 04-04-2016

I never wanted them in the first place. Then again, I don't think I liked cheffy at all either, so that might have contributed to it. Again, don't recall why.

RE: Old FEP? - Falaflame - 04-04-2016

I guess you could say swift thought copokies were a half-baked joke.

RE: Old FEP? - Cheffy - 04-05-2016

I approve of all of these shenanigans. And yes, me and swift disliked each other back then and hell if I know why.

And I seriously just picked whatever demonic stuff I could think of for ingredients.

RE: Old FEP? - Mizu - 04-05-2016

(04-04-2016, 09:20 PM)Falaflame Wrote: I guess you could say swift thought copokies were a half-baked joke.

Rofl

RE: Old FEP? - WyvernSlayer - 04-06-2016

Goddammit, I miss this. We're all talking to each other again.

Now all we need is some crippling forum drama and we'd be all set.

RE: Old FEP? - Mizu - 04-06-2016

Maybe if we poke Fala enough he'll snap. Lol