The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Old FEP? - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Highly Opinionated & Off Topic (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Old FEP? (/thread-955.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Old FEP? - WyvernSlayer - 03-01-2016

(03-01-2016, 12:37 AM)ROCK Wrote: Ah, Magus. 'K. Name changes always throw me for a loop.

Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be too much of the old crowd around. I myself only signed up again pretty much to check in. Perhaps see if Awakening and Fates brought this place back from the dead.

Fan sites just aren't what they used to be, mate.

RE: Old FEP? - ROCK'N'ROLL - 03-01-2016

(03-01-2016, 08:53 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 12:37 AM)ROCK Wrote: Ah, Magus. 'K. Name changes always throw me for a loop.

Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be too much of the old crowd around. I myself only signed up again pretty much to check in. Perhaps see if Awakening and Fates brought this place back from the dead.

Fan sites just aren't what they used to be, mate.

I actually wouldn't know. I've only ever joined two- here and Pokecommunity. Both roughly around 2004-5, I think.

All I know is that things just seemed to die down around the cusp of the decade. Somewheresabouts 2008-9.

One could tie it to a shifting of priorities in light of the Recession- but things are better now and activity still seems lackluster.

RE: Old FEP? - Falaflame - 03-01-2016

By-the-by, on the subject of old members- I actually somehow kept in touch with Ramsden. Even met up with him on a trip to England a few years ago. Cool guy. He actually kinda looks like Weird Al.

It kinda did lift the place from the dead for a bit, but it isn't really a steady improvement. But anything we see today is better than it was 2010-2013. That's what I'd like to call the post-apocalyptic era.

Also, fun fact. I haven't changed my name for close to 5 years. Remember back in 2009 or prior to that when I'd have a name change like every other week? I was almost as bad as Ket. ._.

RE: Old FEP? - Mizu - 03-03-2016

(02-04-2016, 11:28 PM)Cheffy Wrote: p.s. Visited the old boards to see if I find that.  Found my own ranting thread instead.  Cringe level: max. Thanks for that, mizu.

I do what I can.~~~ XD

RE: Old FEP? - ShinkuDragon - 03-03-2016

(02-29-2016, 05:12 PM)Falaflame Wrote: I'm Magus. Fensti's here, Jack and WyvernSlayer still lurk around, and you're already seen Swift and Mizu. And... that's about it.

We're the only survivors from pre-2009 still alive today.
http://oldforums.feplanet.net/index.php?showuser=2069
>Joined: 28-October 07
>:/

(03-01-2016, 12:40 PM)ROCK Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 08:53 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: Fan sites just aren't what they used to be, mate.

I actually wouldn't know. I've only ever joined two- here and Pokecommunity. Both roughly around 2004-5, I think.

All I know is that things just seemed to die down around the cusp of the decade. Somewheresabouts 2008-9.

One could tie it to a shifting of priorities in light of the Recession- but things are better now and activity still seems lackluster.

i blame Reddit honestly, why make a fansite when you can simply make a reddit in 5 seconds?

how's it been rock? definitely been ages, hopefully still not trapped in quebec.

RE: Old FEP? - WyvernSlayer - 03-04-2016

(03-03-2016, 05:28 PM)ShinkuDragon Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 05:12 PM)Falaflame Wrote: I'm Magus. Fensti's here, Jack and WyvernSlayer still lurk around, and you're already seen Swift and Mizu. And... that's about it.

That's because you weren't in the CLUB, Darkspawn.  Big Grin

RE: Old FEP? - ShinkuDragon - 03-04-2016

(03-04-2016, 08:59 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 05:28 PM)ShinkuDragon Wrote: http://oldforums.feplanet.net/index.php?showuser=2069
That's because you weren't in the CLUB, Darkspawn.  Big Grin

never could get into roleplay, just not my thing, i'm absolutely unable to enter in some other character.

RE: Old FEP? - ROCK'N'ROLL - 03-04-2016

(03-03-2016, 05:28 PM)ShinkuDragon Wrote:

(03-01-2016, 12:40 PM)ROCK Wrote: I actually wouldn't know. I've only ever joined two- here and Pokecommunity. Both roughly around 2004-5, I think.

i blame Reddit honestly, why make a fansite when you can simply make a reddit in 5 seconds?

how's it been rock? definitely been ages, hopefully still not trapped in quebec.

I boomeranged a few times.

Went to Ontario, back to Quebec. Then to Alberta for a while, and now back in Quebec again.

Work/contracts just ended up going that way.

What's new in your life?

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 03-04-2016

(03-04-2016, 05:55 PM)ShinkuDragon Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 08:59 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: That's because you weren't in the CLUB, Darkspawn.  Big Grin

never could get into roleplay, just not my thing, i'm absolutely unable to enter in some other character.

I would say that might not have been what he was referring to...but outside of the sprites and rp, I spent most of my time on FEP lurking. Except for perhaps a year or two of actually posting in the Rolling Sea of Stupidity, that is. Then again...I'm member #14 on old FEP, so that probably explains a bit. It explains I was lurking when the site change happened and jumped on that instantly.

RE: Old FEP? - Cheffy - 03-04-2016

Heeeeye, ole' swifty! How you been man? And Rock! And possibly other people whose names I can no longer keep up with!

RE: Old FEP? - ShinkuDragon - 03-04-2016

(03-04-2016, 09:17 PM)ROCK Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 05:28 PM)ShinkuDragon Wrote: http://oldforums.feplanet.net/index.php?showuser=2069

I boomeranged a few times.

Went to Ontario, back to Quebec. Then to Alberta for a while, and now back in Quebec again.

Work/contracts just ended up going that way.

What's new in your life?

finished studying so to speak, got a meh job until i can get a pilot's job, and playing vidya every now and then with friends.you know, half a leg into being an actual adult -shudder-

-

heyo swifty? been a while but what else could he have been referring to? i did some spriting and didn't see much life, i was always active in the RSS since you can only discuss so much fire emblem (i'm having flashbacks of assassin or swordmaster marissa threads)
never went on the irc either so there's that too though.

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 03-05-2016

Eh...I don't know. I'd throw FETO out there, but I haven't touched that thing in years. I didn't touch the irc either, to my recollection. So yeah....now that I think about it, it can only be the rp.

Side note, just finished Conquest as of this posting, and now I'm moving onto Revelation. Two routes down, one to go.

RE: Old FEP? - Falaflame - 03-05-2016

You know.

I can't help, but think, how different we would be right now if Exxeh didn't entrust everything to SaS. If, instead, she trusted someone else entirely with the site.

RE: Old FEP? - MMM - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 04:07 PM)Falaflame Wrote: You know.

I can't help, but think, how different we would be right now if Exxeh didn't entrust everything to SaS. If, instead, she trusted someone else entirely with the site.

Then I would have probably found out about FETO sooner. Probably amongst many other people.

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 03-05-2016

I actually doubt that. I don't think FETO was around when Exxeh was. If I recall correctly, we had an flash arcade thing on the site around that time. I remember playing a lot of Space Invaders during computer classes when that was around. We probably wouldn't have had that awful Makarov theme

RE: Old FEP? - WyvernSlayer - 03-06-2016

Aw man, I remember that stupid arcade thing. I had a lot of high scores there.

Gotta extend that e-peen, you know.

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 03-07-2016

That was also back when they implemented the whole coins thing. That store had so little going on, I'm sure even bots that hadn't been blocked had their banks maxed out.

Oh yeah, I missed it, but a couple days ago, March 4th, I get an instant message congratulating me for being on FEP for 10 years. That old board has been around for ten years....damn. And I joined the same day that thing went up. Hell, at this rate, I'm practically a FEP original. If you don't count the FEP from two boards before that one. I was even a very early member on the interim board between the old one and the one before that. I think I was member 12 or 13 on that one. Not sure which, but I know Legault the Mad Assassin and I joined both of those boards right after each other.

RE: Old FEP? - Falaflame - 03-07-2016

Speaking of Legault, I wonder where he disappeared off to. He was a chill guy.

RE: Old FEP? - dreamsleever - 03-10-2016

Legault; man, I miss him! D: We had so much RP fun together. (Gods I was such a n00b RPer back then! But I still hate my writing). This is Ket, by the way; couldn't log into my old account but I'll figure it out! So much has changed and I'm glad you guys are still around. I'm actually transgender, female-to-male, and a whole lot of other things have gone on. Good gods, I'm 28 now xD. Wonder how old you guys are. FEP has existed since...2003?

Love the sweet things you've said about me in this thread. <3

Definitely not on 8chan; that must be another Crimea River. I go by different names now anyway. xD;; Ditched the Crimea River because I associated it with stress on another board. But yeah!

Also, Endal's bay.

[Image: LOLendal.jpg]

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 03-10-2016

Holy Shit. I lurk way too much. I'm the first one to react to this again First R'n'R comes back, Cheffy pops back in for a sec, and now you're back.

I still have some memories of the Scouring RP he ran. Unfortunately, since that was pre-Dark of Night, I can't remember who I rped at the time. Probably a thief, myrmidon, or fencer at that time. I do recall how bad my writing was at the time. Wish he was back.

I'm turning 25 on the Ides of March. So, next Tuesday. So if I'm not mistaken, I believe I probably joined the site sometime between the Japanese and American releases of Sacred Stones, which was October 2004 to May 2005. I distinctly remember using a Ross mug for a character not even knowing who he was, so it was some time after the sprites were ripped and put in the sprite database. So that adds another year or two more to how long I've been on FEP.

Also.
[Image: EndalsBay_zpsq3eu9ope.png]
Never left it.