The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Old FEP? - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Highly Opinionated & Off Topic (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Old FEP? (/thread-955.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Old FEP? - Mizu - 01-20-2016

Holy Bonkers! Reading some of the stuff in the old Staff section. Lolwhat? Was every staff member a pretentious douche? Man, I had heard a lot of talk about whining and power abuse but I had no idea the site was actually mostly run by babies who cried about their imagined superiority.

Quote:"It's not our fault she's got no life and is angry because we're smarter than her."

Disgusting. Talk about a tantrum. Is this how it is now? Because I am sooooo not having it. ANY of it. If I had known about this absolute boloney I wouldn't have received that "Yay, nine years lolol~~" message. I would have been out before a second year anniversary. And boy, do I ever stick to this place. Like freaking peanut butter to a ceiling. 

Is that visible because we want to shame the idiots? Because honestly it worked for me wholly as repulsion. What unacceptable behaviour. Shame. Freaking. Shame.

BTW, the person mentioned here was what made FEP feel like a community in the first place. I remember when I first joined she was Momma FEP. She was the RSS. And she was great. Ketamphetamine. (Kethamphetamine? Lol)

RE: Old FEP? - Falaflame - 01-20-2016

The old FEP staff forum is not open because someone wanted to shame the old staff. The old FEP staff forum is open because nobody cared enough to go close it. >.>

But that being said, I said this before, and I'll say it again. The FEP's old staff, in whole, was a gigantic circlejerk in itself. If you weren't popular in their friend circle, you were going to get shitted on. I would know, because I was part of the old staff. And while I was guilty about some of the bad things the staff did, I still felt like the way the staff was going about things was wrong.

The big difference between me, and a few other staff members who flat quit without saying a word, I was a lot more vocal about it.

As such, I got brutally punished and mocked for the rest of my duration there until the WymSaSxer Brigade got bored of the site once the members got tired of their shit, and they promptly left the site to rot.

Read: Everything that I ever posted here.

TL;DR: Old FEP staff were pretentious dicks that cared more for their honorary title than the memberbase they're supposed to help, and I've made it so that will never happen again.

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 01-21-2016

I'm actually quite curious as to how the GPX staff act behind the scenes. I don't know how many are old FEP staff there, but I imagine there's a few there. Perhaps they've matured since the FEP days, but I wouldn't know.

RE: Old FEP? - Falaflame - 01-21-2016

I honestly can't say, because I haven't ever went there. The fact I'd have to pay to register in the first place is already a major turnoff, so I never bothered to. But there's some people I dont think would have changed much. (Looking at you, Wymsy.)

RE: Old FEP? - WyvernSlayer - 01-21-2016

(01-20-2016, 11:18 PM)Falaflame Wrote: The FEP's old staff, in whole, was a gigantic circlejerk in itself. If you weren't popular in their friend circle, you were going to get shit on. I would know, because I was part of the old staff. And while I was guilty about some of the bad things the staff did, I still felt like the way the staff was going about things was wrong.
This.  Definitely this.
And while I can definitely say, in hindsight, that I was an asshole back then (unable to admit that power went to my 16-year-old head), it certainly didn't get me anywhere among the staff.  Much like Fala, I wasn't very happy with some of the admins' decisions.  Complaining about it formally (read: in a thread viewable by the public) got me banned.
The only difference now is that I'm a self-aware asshole.   Big Grin
@Mizu: Ket will always be Momma FEP to me.  I miss her.  Sad

RE: Old FEP? - Zanryu - 01-21-2016

God damn, I can't believe it. I know there was loads of drama back when Exxeh was in charge, SaS seemed pretty fantastic... but I know for a FACT, Ket was WONDERFUL. I absolutely ADORED Ket; hard to believe the rest of the staff wasn't so... cuddly, I guess. I'm glad to see none of that around here. Staff may have power, but they're members too, and they're part of a COMMUNITY. Some people, man, jeez.

I know how you feel. I feel like, as part of a staff team, you're supposed to put the community before you. Old FEP Staff? They did the exact opposite.

RE: Old FEP? - Zanryu - 01-21-2016

I tried to do exactly that when I was an admin with The Blind Archer on FEND; granted, my sarcasm made enemies (to the point a fellow admin allowed a friend to nuke the board, apparently) but I did everything I could to make the community a nice place for people to hang around. And for the time we were around, I must say, it was! Coming home and getting online was the highlight of my day back then. As far as I'm concerned that should just be common sense.

I just wish common sense was... more common.

RE: Old FEP? - Zanryu - 01-22-2016

I couldn't tell you how often I say the same thing at the garage on a daily basis.

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 01-22-2016

I work as a cashier/self-checkout attendant and that thought passes my mind at least once a day.

On the subject of Ket, I was always happy to see her when I joined other forums. Sure, she had her eccentricities, but she was almost always a positive when I found new forums to frequent.

RE: Old FEP? - Falaflame - 01-22-2016

Last time I saw Ket, she was posting NSFW things on 8chan.

Well, at least I'd think it was Ket. The person was going by Crimea River. And while that could be someone else, that name is far too specific to be anyone else.

But, whatever. As long as she's happy, I don't give two flying fucks what she posts over there.

RE: Old FEP? - Cheffy - 02-04-2016

I distinctly remember calling them out at the time, then walking away and sticking to it.

p.s. Visited the old boards to see if I find that. Found my own ranting thread instead. Cringe level: max. Thanks for that, mizu.

RE: Old FEP? - ROCK'N'ROLL - 02-28-2016

(01-22-2016, 05:41 AM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: I work as a cashier/self-checkout attendant and that thought passes my mind at least once a day.

On the subject of Ket, I was always happy to see her when I joined other forums. Sure, she had her eccentricities, but she was almost always a positive when I found new forums to frequent.

Speaking of old FEP, how's it going, Swift?

I see there's been a bit of a rehaul here. Had to make a new account.

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 02-28-2016

(02-28-2016, 10:23 PM)ROCK Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 05:41 AM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: I work as a cashier/self-checkout attendant and that thought passes my mind at least once a day.

Speaking of old FEP, how's it going, Swift?

Holy shit. Haven't seen you in years. I was still using avatars with some of those Corporate FEP things you drew of me until a couple months ago. I've been good.

RE: Old FEP? - ROCK'N'ROLL - 02-29-2016

(02-28-2016, 11:21 PM)Swift_Assassin Wrote:
(02-28-2016, 10:23 PM)ROCK Wrote: Speaking of old FEP, how's it going, Swift?

Holy shit. Haven't seen you in years. I was still using avatars with some of those Corporate FEP things you drew of me until a couple months ago. I've been good.

Yeah, I kinda jumped ship during the Shadow Dragon age. For some reason, the games just didn't catch my interest the same as all the others did.

Best things to come out of the Marth games (asides from the entire series) is Malice and adult Tiki.

So who's still around? From this thread, it seems that Ket's out. I think Wymsy has solidly established that Pokemon site (forget what it's called) as her home base.

RE: Old FEP? - Falaflame - 02-29-2016

I'm Magus. Fensti's here, Jack and WyvernSlayer still lurk around, and you're already seen Swift and Mizu. And... that's about it.

We're the only survivors from pre-2009 still alive today.

RE: Old FEP? - Swift_Assassin - 02-29-2016

Don't forget Zanryu. He's also from pre-2009 FEP as well. But yeah, not a lot of people from back then nowadays. Most people that still use this site only do it for FETO and I rarely see any of them post outside of the FETO board.

As for the DS Fire Emblems, I understand. I never really got to into Radiant Dawn(despite rping in Tellius), but Shadow Dragon didn't grab me at all. It might have been the art style or maybe the fact I didn't have a physical copy *cough cough* I wasn't to into it. Can't blame you too much for that. I think a lot of people felt that way, considering how Awakening was almost the last game if it didn't provide that shot in the arm the series needed.

If I recall correctly, Fensti had to practically steal control away from SaS to try to restore the board. He'd kinda faded away into the Pokemon site for a while at that point and the site had a lot of security problems due to not updating in years. The old site still exists if you want to see it. On the main forum page, type old in from of forums to visit it. Marvel in the very old FEP skins that hadn't been updated in forever.

RE: Old FEP? - Zanryu - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 08:42 PM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: Don't forget Zanryu. He's also from pre-2009 FEP as well.

YAY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT!

Lmao, I think I joined in '05 or so, because I had shifted over from FESS just around the time of FE8's JP release.

RE: Old FEP? - ROCK'N'ROLL - 03-01-2016

Ah, Magus. 'K. Name changes always throw me for a loop.

Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be too much of the old crowd around. I myself only signed up again pretty much to check in. Perhaps see if Awakening and Fates brought this place back from the dead.

By-the-by, on the subject of old members- I actually somehow kept in touch with Ramsden. Even met up with him on a trip to England a few years ago. Cool guy. He actually kinda looks like Weird Al.