The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
how to make more lord units? - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Tactics Online (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: how to make more lord units? (/thread-91.html)

how to make more lord units? - dawnbomb - 02-24-2014

I imagine that your first lord isn't the only lord your allowed, so how do you make a different lord?

RE: how to make more lord units? - Aless - 02-24-2014

You have to buy a Master Crown and use that to make another unit a lord.

RE: how to make more lord units? - Falaflame - 02-25-2014

Master Crowns are costly though. They are 17,500 gold, so be sure to start maps with a lot of units such as The Soulful Bridge and such. Also take note that maps with no treasure in it give the most gold.

RE: how to make more lord units? - LeaderR Elliot - 02-25-2014

Its about time we cut Master seals and Master crown prices by half permanently

RE: how to make more lord units? - Epsilon7 - 03-11-2014

(02-25-2014, 11:03 PM)LeaderR Elliot Wrote: Its about time we cut Master seals and Master crown prices by half permanently

I'm not sure about cutting the Master Crown price in half, but its price does seem a little excessive. As for the Master Seals... yeah, it'd be nice if they were cheaper.

But, to be honest, I never really thought much of Lords. I was always more of a Sage, Sorceror, Wyvern Rider, Manakete, Berserker, Sniper and Dark Flier kind of guy.

RE: how to make more lord units? - sirocyl - 03-11-2014

I'mma make the Master Crown price 17,499.

But yeah, the price does seem a bit high, and was probably set when we had a much larger userbase.

RE: how to make more lord units? - LeaderR Elliot - 03-11-2014

Hopefully I will live to see the prices getting cut

RE: how to make more lord units? - Fredmir - 03-12-2014

personally, I don't really think we need a price cut. Money isn't that hard to get in the game anyway.

With units lvl 20s, you can play a map like Magic library and get more than 4k gold. (even with lvl 1s, you get more than 3k) (exemples using 8 units)

If you think it's too long, you can play Nowhere to run with your lvl 20s and get 2k each time. these battle take 3 or 4 turns and you don't have to do any dancing.

So 3k for master seal isn't THAT expensive.

Maybe Master Crown is a bit expensive, but I still don't think it really need a price cut, if you really want more lord, assume the costs.

RE: how to make more lord units? - Falaflame - 03-12-2014

I think 10k is a fair price for the Master Crown. It's still pricey, but it's not out of the realm of most newcomer's income.

RE: how to make more lord units? - LeaderR Elliot - 03-14-2014

I like how 10 k for crowns sounds.

I disagree with fredmir 3k for master seals is expensive when thinking on squads 6-8 man all at the same time means you are using 18-24 k in a single blow. You gotta think you want to invest forges and weaponry for your new weapon ranks (D rank) for most units.

Also besides master seals you have to use master tomes if you wanna fix your units stats (since master seals do not allow a free statchange) this is a must since fighting is generally done with **/20 rule on and vanilla battles are non-existent... master tomes are 4 k each one... and while you are allowed a free statchange per week... It is annoying to wait especially if I am broke from promoting my first squad or something.... I am trying to llook at this from newbies viewpoint.

RE: how to make more lord units? - Fredmir - 03-15-2014

Sadly, you're not.

Cause you're implying lots of things newbies doesn't do,
Like statchanging all the builds, forging all weapons.

I'm not considered a newbie and I don't statchange at all, all my units have the stats I want them to have at max lvl.

If newbies build units with optimal values, I'm pretty sure they don't do it for lvl 20s. and that's a big IF, most of the newbies I remember seeing when I had unpromo squads leveling doesn't even optimize for anything, they make build without looking at the stat calc.

As for forge, they aren' forging a lot either, so why would they want all of a sudden to mass forge when promoting?

RE: how to make more lord units? - LeaderR Elliot - 03-16-2014

Yes, newbies generally optimize for **/20 but along the way they might find themselves changing their builds a couple of times for each unit until they find a build they can work with:

1) If they are planing to stay in upomo a bt longer they might want to optimize for unpromo
2) If they optimized for promo and promoted as fast as they could they will most likely figure that their builds do not work as intended then search and try different builds this may take 1-3 statchanges

also fredmir everyone forges... especially when newbies do not have a lot of unbuyables... which hold true to themselves

Dont forget that going to promo battles is a way big jump!... also insert wrong promotion option... now you gotta use a master fruit...

RE: how to make more lord units? - Fredmir - 03-16-2014

(03-16-2014, 12:09 PM)LeaderR Elliot Wrote: Yes, newbies generally optimize for **/20 but along the way they might find themselves changing their builds a couple of times for each unit until they find a build they can work with:

This deosn't make Master Seal look expensive, it makes Master Tome look expensive. It's not upon promotion that all of a sudden you realize your unit isn't as good as you though. I agree it can happen, but even then, unless you made something horrible, you can always play a little bit with it and learn how to make it work another way, and after 4-5 battles you should have enough money to stat change.

(03-16-2014, 12:09 PM)LeaderR Elliot Wrote: 1) If they are planing to stay in upomo a bt longer they might want to optimize for unpromo

Then I don't see any problem with the Master Seal price, they're staying in unpromo and should be gaining money. This goes to Master Tome price again.

(03-16-2014, 12:09 PM)LeaderR Elliot Wrote: 2) If they optimized for promo and promoted as fast as they could they will most likely figure that their builds do not work as intended then search and try different builds this may take 1-3 statchanges

Again, this is more related to the price of the Master tome.

(03-16-2014, 12:09 PM)LeaderR Elliot Wrote: also fredmir everyone forges... especially when newbies do not have a lot of unbuyables... which hold true to themselves

Seems I'm not someone, since I don't forge in unpromo. And when I wrote my post I looked some newbies profile, I didn't see a lot of forge either, I'll take the exemple of Zoryou, who's not really a newbie anyore, but still not a veteran like you and I. He has some forges here and there, but he doesn't have the full forged inventories you think of.

You're more thinking in the way of veterans, who make sure to have every weapons forged and have always inventory and cache full of items to make sure they have everything they might need.

(03-16-2014, 12:09 PM)LeaderR Elliot Wrote: Dont forget that going to promo battles is a way big jump!... also insert wrong promotion option... now you gotta use a master fruit...

That's a mistake you shouldn't really make, I mean, yeah it can happen, but when promoting you should usually know where your unit is going.

And I think that anyone who forges full inventories of items usually make sure they don't do mistakes like that.

I agree that promotion is a big jump, when I promote a squad (and I have 8 units squads) it cost between 45k and 50k, but that's because, at that moment, I forge my full inventory, which wasn't forged at all in unpromo.

However, unless you're doing a Training Battle to reach lvl 20 really quick, or you're making 100 units, I'm sure everyone would be able to get at least 20k just by playing battles to raise the units up to lvl 20.

As soon as you have a single promoted squad, you can join gauntlets and have easy money.

RE: how to make more lord units? - Falaflame - 03-16-2014

I think what he's saying is, we probably shouldn't rely on gauntlets to get money for certain items. But does it constitute halving the cost of all the items?

Personally, the only item I see should be cut down is the Master Crown.

RE: how to make more lord units? - Speedy - IX - 03-17-2014

How about just having all battles give gold rewards regardless of whether or not they have chests? It makes treasures more common and could help ppl keep up with their feto finances (with the smaller player base as of now).

RE: how to make more lord units? - LeaderR Elliot - 03-17-2014

While I feel a little lazy to adress most of fredmir points... it all revolves that items for most of the time are really expensive for new players when they just want to play the game the way they want (which in turns gets in the way of the fun)

I like speedy idea... bufing gold reward should work for chests... but then what about balancing gold rewards for every other map in the game? IMO sounds a way more exhausting solution (harder to balance because it may also buff current maps like gauntlet)...

I would love to see something change though... either cut prices for all/most master items (its time its gonna discourage less new players) or something like what speedy just suggested. FETO needs some changes like these (besides who gets all this gold...its gonna ruin FETO monopoly on weapons)

RE: how to make more lord units? - Falaflame - 03-18-2014

Increasing gold rewards sounds good on paper, but in practice, it could be difficult to balance. Gauntlets would give up a shitload of money. (they already do, really, and in such a short amount of time, too)

0-map chests could have 130 base gold value
1-map chests could have 100 base gold value
2-map chests could have 70 base gold value.

But the challenge lies in balancing.