The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Unpromote insight? - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Tactics Online (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-23.html)
+---- Forum: Battle Discussion (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-37.html)
+---- Thread: Unpromote insight? (/thread-836.html)

Unpromote insight? - Falaflame - 07-16-2015

Is there any thresholds I should be meeting in terms of luck, as far as insighting is concerned in unpromote play?

My one idea was this:

Archer [Offencive]
Stats at level 20
HP [2/15%]: 40.00
POW [2/20%]: 20.00
SKL [0/0%]: 16.00
SPD [2/15%]: 17.00
DEF [0/0%]: 9.00
RES [0/0%]: 8.00
LCK [2/20%]: 19.00

With a long bow, I can be able to insight units with at least 12 luck. That's basically every pursuit build ever, barring lords and luck-investment, which i may have other means to deal with.
And bulkier units generally mean I get a free insight and I don't have to rely on using heavier tomes on my pursuiting builds.

My question, however, is, how common are 12 luck builds uninvested? I can already think of 2 in regular archers and Gale Kns, but that's about it off the top of my head. Should I go to 11? Stick with 12?

The reason why I'm posting this is because I want a foot unit that can be able to insight with a long bow, and do so very reliably. So far, I don't think there is a non-lord variant as of right now that doesn't get crushed by pursuiters, or don't insight longbow the things I want to longbow.

Also this question is moreso a "is this threshold really worth meeting?" question rather than anything else.

RE: Unpromote insight? - MMM - 07-16-2015

So here's some data: Archers get 12 luck, Gale Knights get 12 luck, Lunars get 11, Mages get 11 (assuming Glass Cannon), and Solar Knights get 13 and are probably the only units without luck investment you can't Insight with a Long Bow.
I'd say go with it if you really need to hit Gale Knights and I'm not going to mention Archers here because I haven't seen one yet... otherwise, you're probably better off investing another point in speed.

Also I see you like avoidy lords in unpromos...

RE: Unpromote insight? - Falaflame - 07-16-2015

I only really have 3 avoidy lords in unpromo, and two of them are reserved specifically for Sadistic/Adrenaline matches.

I really would like to invest another point in speed, but getting an insight on a Gale Kn would also be nice. Is it still worth it though?

(07-16-2015, 05:15 PM)Falaflame Wrote: I really would like to invest another point in speed, but getting an insight on a Gale Kn would also be nice. Is it still worth it though?

If you can get any extra important KOs with Mithril/Silver Bow Pursuit I'd go with that, although I haven't done the calcs for it. And I kind of feel like Gale Knights are really rare anyway just because Lunars have the best stat distribution out of the peg mages and for those who don't go for a Lunar, Solar would probably be the better choice to at least counter the Lunars.
I'm probably the only cool person who actually used a Gale Knight in the unpromo tour xD

I think I do, but I feel like most of the time (at least 80% of the time), Insight is likely to be active. If you look at my promote teams, you can see how much I value insight longbows.

As far as Gale Kn is concerned, it has shown to be effective, clearly. You're on verge of heading to the semi-finals.

Also one other note, though 19 lck doesn't insight Solars, it does discourage them from leaving Shimmer equipped. If that means anything.

(07-16-2015, 06:13 PM)Falaflame Wrote: As far as Gale Kn is concerned, it has shown to be effective, clearly. You're on verge of heading to the semi-finals.

Yeah, not every class can hit several 50% hits in a row. My Gale Knight had to show my Dark Knight how it's done. Guess some units are in different tiers than I thought...
On a more serious note, facing a newb first round and getting lucky on first strikes in the next 2 rounds (since they were both 1 kill first strikes, one voluntarily, the other unlucky) is more likely what is close to getting me to semis, rather than exceptional teambuilding or skill. I mean I've been on FETO for maybe 2 months when the tournament started, it's pretty lucky of me if I already to get a prize on my first try at tournaments ._.

...btt, Insight Longbow does sound good given that it's accuracy is crap. Yeah I'd figure keeping 19 luck would probably be worth it since you can reliably smash pegs. Not so much for discouraging Solar pegs from equipping Shimmer (which I've literally never seen in unpromos in my uh... vast experience) but just for hitting anything you can reliably, really, especially if Gale Knights are one of your team's weaknesses.

Yeah, you do have a point.

Basically, I'm looking to insight longbow as many things that aren't luck-invested as I can. I think 19 is a fine threshold to reach because there's literally only 3 classes that a longbow can't insight: Monk, Solar Kn, and Troub. Monk's barely seen, if ever, and my lord has better things to be doing than longbowing a healer on a FS, so Solar Kn is really the only unit worth mentioning out of the 3.

And it looks like this unit is one of 2 bow units that can reach that threshold (the other being Peg Archer, but... yeah, let's not talk about that)