The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
So, almost 2 years ago... - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: So, almost 2 years ago... (/thread-790.html)

So, almost 2 years ago... - Falaflame - 06-12-2015

http://oldforums.feplanet.net/index.php?showtopic=51992&st=0&start=0

Our founder, and one of my best friends, decided to pay us a visit and give us a motivating message to get us going and get this site to the next level.

And nearly 2 years after that... where exactly are we now?

-No site remodel
-No information or news about Fire Emblem IF OR Smash IV.
-Still no info about any FE game past Radiant Dawn
-No updates to FETO
-Captcha isn't fixed
-No member migration
-Old forums are still there and opened
-FETO is still on the old forums
-A new engine for FETO still isn't made
-No backup developers have been hired
-No forum events or anything to do to keep us wanting to stick around.

So, in nearly 2 years, we went absolutely nowhere. And after me going out of my way to email Exxeh and ask her to check up on us, it's kind of disappointing.

I know, there really isn't much to do about it given the circumstance, but the result is still very disappointing nonetheless.

I really want to get some code geeks to help out with the site, but it's hard to do. It wouldn't be so much of an issue otherwise because I'd have no problem paying out of my pocket to get some professionals to fix this site. But, for now, we have to rely on finding developers who are willing to work for free.

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - sirocyl - 06-13-2015

There's eight devs and three QA team applications in my PM inbox. We're not going nowhere, you're just a bit in the dark because I'm taking my time with this.

Best not to "hire" any "professionals" yet.
We might not be going anywhere, but the last place I want us to wind up, is in the hands of some money-hungry power-tripping bastard that just wants the users and passwords out of our database before they shut the site down unexpectedly and replace it with a malware loader page.

All final direction as to FEPlanet executive matters goes to Fensti.

Also, public isn't the best place to be waxing politic on our legal boundaries. For all we're concerned, we operate within the statutes and limitations of copyright law.
I'm all in the interest of transparency, but executive and administrative things have a backroom for a reason. I'll let it slide, but just keep that in mind.

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - Falaflame - 06-13-2015

It's hard not to be "in the dark" when no one is being informed of any progress. But I guess I'll just assume we were informed.

We're still quite not where we want to be, progress-wise. Remember the 2014 Summer Plans? It's been exactly one year since that thread. My point is, it's one thing to take time. But it's another to be 2 years into this, and not much is shown in terms of progress. I don't need to say this, but 2 years is an incredibly long time to wait. People are losing hope of any change, if they haven't already.

Also, not everyone is like SaS. There are people who will get the job done, and get it done right, and on time. I very much doubt we would run into the 0.1% who would leech personal information on our members, and turn our site into an ad-ridden Gawker Media-supporting malware site. I'm sure a lot of people have better morals and better standards than that.

And legal jibber-jabber? That's my fault, I apologize for it. It's a misunderstanding on my part. Also don't mind me being critical. It happens when I don't see much getting done.

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - Jack - 06-15-2015

I think one of the major problems is the community. Even if we managed to maraculously get all of the forum's problems fixed, FEP will never be what it used to be because a majority of the memberbase has moved on. Without the community, a forum is nothing. Don't get me wrong, I would love for this place to get back up and running, but I don't keep my hopes too high.

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - Falaflame - 06-16-2015

Yeah, I can see that, but thats why I set my priorities on getting everything changed, so we can attract a new generation of members here. That way the old generation can have the choice of being able to move on without having the feeling of wanting to stay here because they feel they have to. (not that they didn't have a choice to begin with, but sedimentary feelings probably may still be there)

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - Jack - 06-16-2015

Another problem is that with the old FEP Fire Emblem still had a ton to debate about it. That was a huge draw for the site, and that's what brought me over. Granted at the time I didn't know shit aboutt what I was talking about, but I still thought I did and loved the intense debates we used to have. There's really nothing to debate anymore because with the older games everything has alreay been discussed to death and with Awakening there's really nothing to debate and I suspect IF will be basically the same. Unfortunately, if anything, it will probably just continue to be a place for people to join so they can play FETO.

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - Falaflame - 06-16-2015

Well, FETO will always be the main draw to FEP, I doubt that, as long as FETO is running, that would change. But there should definitely be other factors that should draw more people in. It all starts with people who are interested in FETO, and then they find other things on FEP.

>Oh wow they have loads and loads of music content!
>They have all the information about FE(x) that I need to know!
>They update every (x) amount of (time)!
>They have a pretty good RP system. I wanna check it out!

And then those people see that, they'll bring other people over, even those who probably won't really care too much about FETO. Which is why updating our content is so important. Right now, our site is just barren.

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - Jack - 06-16-2015

Yeah if we get the RP going strong again that should get the ball rolling, as long as we get the word out. I know what initially had me find FEP was because I was looking for sprites, but that phase of the internet seems to have died down a bit (the once huge spriting/sprite comic community, that is)

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - Speedy - IX - 06-16-2015

Not to mention some ppl like to use their RP chars in FETO, but the sprite uploader is kind of killing the added immersion and causing another disconnect for spriters/artists

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - sirocyl - 06-17-2015

^ this. FETO hasn't been rightfully working since... 2009?

We have a dev team now, I just have to sync the code onto my computer, init a git repo, then sync it onto the code repo.

First order of business should probably be the sprite uploader.

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - Mizu - 06-21-2015

What types of code would one need to know to adequately assist in reviving this love tower?

Also, the whole FE info for games past RD is super easy. Anyone who has the games can do that. =/

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - Toogee - 06-21-2015

(06-21-2015, 02:07 AM)Mizu Wrote: What types of code would one need to know to adequately assist in reviving this love tower?

http://forums.feplanet.net/thread-395.html

RE: So, almost 2 years ago... - Mizu - 06-21-2015

Thanks, Toogee. I was too tired to be able to think properly about actually searching the forums for a thread. My fatigue usually replaces my common sense. XD