The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Unpromoted Teams tournament - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Tactics Online (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-23.html)
+---- Forum: FETO Tournaments (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Unpromoted Teams tournament (/thread-692.html)

Unpromoted Teams tournament - fensti - 02-26-2015

8 team unpromoted tournament. Seeding and teams will be randomized. Single elim and best of 1.

Starting gold will be 6000 and wins will give 1000 more.

http://feto.feplanet.net/tournament/view/74

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - fensti - 02-26-2015

Also, I'm going through the four person maps currently to see which ones are suitable for 2v2 matches and it's probably going to be slim pickings. Honestly might restrict it to one map since it's single elim and best of 1.

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - Falaflame - 02-27-2015

Sands of Time
Sacred Stone
Garden Castle
Battlegrounds (6p)
Below Freezing (5p)

Those are some good 4 player maps if you need them.

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - fensti - 02-27-2015

The list I came up with after going through the list is:

Forest Temple
Emerald Hill Zone
Garden Castle
Sacred Stone

Sands of Time didn't look too great when I looked last night, but looking again today it looks better than I thought. Emerald Hill Zone probably isn't too great because it is so narrow. Battlegrounds and Below Freezing won't work since they aren't four player maps.

Since it's best of 1 I am just going to do one map, which I think will be Garden Castle since it is nice and symmetrical. For a best of 3 setup I would probably expand the list to the following:

Forest Temple
Garden Castle
Sacred Stone
Sands of Time

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - LeaderR Elliot - 03-04-2015

Hurrah for team tourneys!

Any info on deadlines to ready up and kick inactive players?

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - fensti - 03-09-2015

Well, I just got on my laptop for the first time in a few days and this tournament is filled up and everyone is ready so I will be starting it shortly.

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - Falaflame - 03-09-2015

I get paired with Zoryou.

I'll be steamrolling this tourney. lol.

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - Fredmir - 03-09-2015

Well we're pretty even, the winner of our battle will have to beat Sora's team for Bronze

(Yeah I'm sending Chain-Speedy vs Mike-Krypt straight to final =_= xP)

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - Falaflame - 03-12-2015

Well, I'm hopeful I can at least get past you and Sora. I'm not counting on getting past Chains, Spdy or Mike unless some dumb miracle happens. lol.

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - Fredmir - 03-12-2015

I'm hoping the same, passing you and Sora xP

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - Fredmir - 03-12-2015

Sorry for double post =/

(02-27-2015, 05:34 PM)fensti Wrote: I think will be Garden Castle since it is nice and symmetrical. For a best of 3 setup I would probably expand the list to the following:

Forest Temple
Garden Castle
Sacred Stone
Sands of Time

Nice and Symmetrical maps, where teams are split like that, gives a little much of an advantage to Orange-Red team, Blue or green quickly end up being cornered by the two others while his teammate has to run to try to help.

in 2/3 battles right now, we can see that it happened. And 3rd one is filled with 3 newbies, so I wouldn't really count it as a good exemple.

Forest Temple at least doesn't split teammates, so cornering 1 teammate is impossible.

Sacred Stones doesn't attract me much, but probably looks playable, for the same reason as Forest Temple.

Sands of time looks good I think, we used it in an unofficial tourny we tried once.

else, I think Bow of the Wind and Hero of the West both looks playable too, even if Orange is really far in the latter.

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - Falaflame - 03-13-2015

As one who employed such a strategy in one of the tournament matches, I will have to agree it's a pretty bad map choice, and I fault myself for choosing it. (I honestly thought teams would be Orange, Blue vs Red, Green, but I will also fault myself for not checking up further the team choices)

Because it's so hard for teams to come together before they're cornered due to its symmetrical design (and by symmetrical, i mean the fact the teams are on opposite ends), this gives the orange and red team huge advantages to swarm either green or blue before they even have a chance to regroup, and it ends up being 2v1 rather than 2v2. As a result, one or the other gets ambushed, and the other team can literally do next to nothing about it.

You can look at this battle as an example. http://feto.feplanet.net/battle/134436

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - fensti - 03-17-2015

It's too late for me to change the map choices for either of these tournaments. If I had access to the database I could probably change it. Next time we do a teams tournament there will be more choices.

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - ScarletFlame - 03-25-2015

Gotcha, Fensti. I'll be looking forward to more of these.

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - fensti - 05-27-2015

Just did the prizes for third place. Waiting for the other match to finish then I will hand out those as well.

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - Nolan Kryptonite - 05-28-2015

Thanks! We just finished. Tongue

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - Speedy - IX - 06-05-2015

Chains and I for 1st place~

RE: Unpromoted Teams tournament - fensti - 06-09-2015

Sending out prizes now!