The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Issue The Battle Timer is wrong. - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Tactics Online (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Issue The Battle Timer is wrong. (/thread-603.html)

The Battle Timer is wrong. - BandOS - 12-12-2014

Hello!

I created this battle yesterday with my friend: (Xenroth, BandOS, Blackstorm, Zoryou, Dalejin on Light (FE7 Final Chapter)) (link) and it seems the Battle Timer is all messed up.
I submitted this battle with a 72 Hours Time Limit, but it now says it's 216, and when it was my turn, I had 9 Days to move, but Blackstorm has only 6.

Or the map has been coded weirdly?
Because we have 12 units, they can have 8. The max limit of units are 4, and the 12 and 8 are multiples of it. If we look further into it, 72 hours are 3 days, for 4 units. But I can use 3 times the limit, which maxes the time limit to 216 Hours, which is actually 9 days, 3x more I typed in. Blackstorm, Zoryou and Dalejin however, has only 6 Day limits, which is 2x more than it should be, but they also have 2x more units that the Battle Information says.

This should be noted somewhere that this map has different use of the Time and Unit Limit. Because I have just made a really weird battle. And it even confused Dalejin, and he started the battle with 4 units...

RE: The Battle Timer is wrong. - Breadophile - 12-12-2014

The battle timer is proportional to the number of units each player has. In the old days back when I was a youngin', believe it or not, we would actually do these things in under a day with ~20 minute time limits. Unbelievable, I know. lolol

Anyway, that's why you have 1.5 times as much time as the other players. As for why you have 9 days. 9 days/72 hours is 3. 12 units / 3 is 4. So that map has a base # of units equal to 4.

That map is unique in that the number of units the players with more units get is not cleanly divisible by the number for the other players (12/8 is 1.5, as you know, and not a whole number). This is the only map that works like that, IIRC, as normally the base number of units is equal to the number of units the lowest player gets. The unit base must've been set to 4 units, but since the players either have 8 or 12, they get 2 or 3 times whatever you set as the time limit.

Edit: You seem to have figured most of this out, but I went over all of it anyway. Sorry to insult your intelligence.

RE: The Battle Timer is wrong. - Speedy - IX - 12-12-2014

Isn't it proportional to the number of turns per team, more so than the number of units?

I.e. Gauntlet (3v3), everyone has 1 turn
FE6 Heavenly Light, 1 v 4 ergo each of the 4 would have the same time limit whereas the 1 would have 4x the time limit that was set.

in this case we have 2v4 which is essentially 1v2 broken down so the 2 will have 1.5x while the four get 1x the limit...though this is a special map as Kai said and any other map should in theory follow suit