The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 811 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 811 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 875 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 761 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 428 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 184 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 830 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 830 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 875 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 761 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 428 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 184 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
I wish something interesting would happen around here. - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: I wish something interesting would happen around here. (/thread-564.html)

I wish something interesting would happen around here. - Breadophile - 11-01-2014

I don't care what it is.

RE: I wish something interesting would happen around here. - Speedy - IX - 11-01-2014

Isn't this interesting?

But I'm inclined to agree, I feel like this is a good metaphor for FEP right now.

[Image: 2eyaohx.jpg]

RE: I wish something interesting would happen around here. - Alusq - 11-01-2014

Obvious suggestions to get out of the way:
·(Short) Community Fire Emblem mod (I suggest this because I can pull most of the weight)
·Posting contest of some sort, with fake internet prestige as prize
·Appoint someone to bug members over skype/etc to pos—[shot]
·Something controversial, although I barely have any clue about the culture here so no idea what that would be. Anything that would get people to respond to it, really.

I would suggest a forum-wide roleplay, but... there's already kind of a huge one with its feet stuck in the mud. Building a world (whether from scratch or on top of another one) and getting people invested in it is a huge step in the right direction imo.

All in all, these are suggestions that I have no business suggesting. But they are suggestions.

@Speedy Fire and brimstone keeps the coffee warm!

RE: I wish something interesting would happen around here. - Pura - 11-02-2014

Interesting? What's that? Is it edible?

RE: I wish something interesting would happen around here. - Breadophile - 11-02-2014

(11-01-2014, 08:30 PM)Alusq Wrote: I would suggest a forum-wide roleplay, but... there's already kind of a huge one with its feet stuck in the mud. Building a world (whether from scratch or on top of another one) and getting people invested in it is a huge step in the right direction imo.

As it so happens I actually DO have a world built from scratch I could use, but I feel like I shouldn't compete with the current roleplay, so I dunno if I should pitch the idea. What do you think?

It's meant to be a mold for a game, so any adventures on it could really lighten up the world and give me ideas.

RE: I wish something interesting would happen around here. - Falaflame - 11-02-2014

You know, as bad as the circle-jerking was during the SaS era, i found that a lot more interesting than what we've seen as of recently. The drama back then certainly made things interesting. It wasn't pretty to look at, but at least something happened there. Key word being happened.

People can argue that the reason why we're so inactive is because it's school session, but let's be for real here. A lot of us are grown ass adults. We're all well since graduated from school. So really, we can't use that as an excuse anymore. And as far as I know, only a handful of people here that I know of actually attend college. And even then, college isn't always around at this time. So we can't really use that as an excuse, either.

I think the main problem with the inactivity is that there just isn't enough people interested in sticking around. People are sick of seeing nothing happening. And you know what? I don't blame them. I got sick of getting on the team's ass for sitting around and twiddling their thumbs. I got sick of being the scapegoat of the community and keep giving them false hope that something will be done, when it won't. But I'm not going to repeat myself on things I've already perfectly outlined in Cheffy's thread, so I won't waste your time there.

But I'll give you one food for thought. Why should you come here, when you can go to Serene's Forest, with much higher and bustling activity there, with more people to help you there in a much more timely manner? I'll give you one reason: FETO. FETO is the one and only niche that we have over them.

So, one might ask: Why is it very uneventful here?

[attachment=5]

[attachment=6]

I think the case is closed on that question.

RE: I wish something interesting would happen around here. - Alusq - 11-02-2014

(11-02-2014, 04:56 PM)Falaflame Wrote: But I'll give you one food for thought. Why should you come here, when you can go to Serene's Forest, with much higher and bustling activity there, with more people to help you there in a much more timely manner? I'll give you one reason: FETO. FETO is the one and only niche that we have over them.

As for me, I came here because I am intimidated by the thought of posting on Serenes. The fact that I prohibited myself from interacting with a non-stagnant modding community didn't do me any favors in learning my way around an 11-year-old GBA game's idiosyncrasies, but the new FEU makes it so I barely have to visit SF for resources anymore. And I sure as anything wouldn't visit it for the community, which is easily the most mean-spirited and pointlessly antagonistic of all the FE communities I've invested any time into getting to know (which can be counted on one hand). It seems to have gotten a bit better over the past few years I've read it, but I can't say much since I'm just an observer. I still don't post any of my projects there because I would be out of my league ("this mod doesn't even have full custom sprites?! GET OUT").

So, not wanting to post on SF, that leaves me with FEShrine, the Emblem Brigade, new FEU (which is more a modding resource than a discussion forum), and finally new FEP. I know that with small forum size comes a fair amount of sleepiness, which is why I'm posting here now.

I've never played FETO: I probably should, but its being tied to the old forums(?) made me think I should wait back when I first joined (which is mere seconds ago in comparison to most people's join times here, further highlighting that a problem exists). I'll likely get it set up one of these days anyway.
FETO definitely /is/ the draw of this forum, though, so I'm an exception to the rule of people coming here because of FETO.

Cheffy's thread was a good read and insight into the community, so thank you (and everyone else involved) for that.
I realise that this post is mostly just me pushing dust around, but I want to offer my take on things as a newer member. I've been in the position of trying in vain to drum up forum activity before, but it still wasn't so bad as it is here.

Breadophile Wrote:As it so happens I actually DO have a world built from scratch I could use, but I feel like I shouldn't compete with the current roleplay, so I dunno if I should pitch the idea. What do you think?

It's meant to be a mold for a game, so any adventures on it could really lighten up the world and give me ideas.
As someone who's always up for more RP, I don't think it would encroach on Insurrection as long as you started small and introduced stuff accordingly (e.g. start with saving a town before moving on to saving the world, or whatever equivalent). It would be just as well, given how long it could take for people to become aware of its existence anyway.
It might also depend on how different the world is from typical FE settings, I suppose.

RE: I wish something interesting would happen around here. - Meneil - 11-02-2014

Considering all the troubles FEP's had in the past, it's somewhat of a miracle the site has managed to survive at all. While FETO can be an initial draw, I don't think it's a reliable means of having people stick around for an extended period of time - it's a small and old browser based game. Personally I think it would be good to focus on what part of the site we want to grow first... and pour more resources there. RPing? Hacks? Sprites? And then have people volunteer to either make events or even just create discussion threads. A lot of times people will respond in threads, but less likely to make them themselves.

RE: I wish something interesting would happen around here. - Lavi - 11-03-2014

I joined the forum for the role-playing, since I wanted to play around with something new. I looked at some of the other Fire Emblem sites and their writing quality in general is been relatively low in comparison to here. Things like the size of the forum population was not much of a factor, though larger communities that are not role-playing focused tend to have lower quality (see FanFiction.Net). The sites that were geared specifically towards Fire Emblem roleplaying were few and far between and they generally had gamey elements that I didn't feel was necessary to have fun.