The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Word - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Highly Opinionated & Off Topic (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Word (/thread-521.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Word - Cheffy - 09-21-2014

The :cheffy: is gone. Au revoir, amigo.

That being said, I don't know anybody's names. All of you! Hello.

What the crap happened to wymsy, ket, and sas, anyway?

RE: Word - Breadophile - 09-21-2014

They all went to gpx+.

Screw those guys. Magus is in charge now and while I can't comment on his leadership (nothing is really happening), he is, at the very least, a lot less of a prick.

Edit: Nice to meet you. Name's Kaishin.

Edit 2: Ket is apparently Crimea River. I have no beef with that person.

RE: Word - Swift_Assassin - 09-21-2014

Ket's going by Crimea River last I knew, but I don't recall seeing her on this new board. In fact, Ket's last post was in March. Don't know about Wymsy or SaS, but I know SaS abandoned FEP. I think they had to essentially hijack the site to try to repair years of damage on the old obsolete board.

RE: Word - Cheffy - 09-21-2014

Right on, I suppose. I'm not going to be terribly active. I was just bored one evening when I had time and remembered ya'll. Nice to meet youse too. And How could I forget ole swift? Heh.

RE: Word - Jack - 09-22-2014

Good 'ole Cheffy returns. Don't worry, you really didn't miss much, unless anything happened since the last time I popped in.

RE: Word - Falaflame - 09-23-2014

Oh, boy. Where do I start.

Since your departure, SaS started working on a brand new site. And eventually, lost interest in FEP. I'm not going to say anything that might put my foot in my mouth, but I will say he did leave FEP pretty much in disrepair. Not leaving behind any active admin, nor the keys to updating the site and forums at all didn't help matters much at all.

Right now, Me, Fensti, and Sirocyl are leading the charge and are looking to bring the site back to date. Right now, Sirocyl is on indefinite hiatus, and we are looking for more developers, designers, and moreso coders to take his place in absence. I have explored the idea of possibly getting some help from Serene's Forest to see if they have any tips on what to do with the FETO platform, as well as the site's platform, as they are generally more code-savvy than anyone we have here are.

In any case, welcome back. I'm Magus. And don't worry. My past is behind me, and I'm looking to take this site forward into a new direction. I'm trying to build a foundation that is a lot more user-friendly and get rid of all traces of hostility, something FEP has definitely had a history of.

RE: Word - Cheffy - 09-23-2014

Good luck to you. I'm not looking to bring any of that here. Just passing through and saying hello.

RE: Word - WyvernSlayer - 09-24-2014

(09-22-2014, 12:05 AM)Jack Wrote: Good 'ole Cheffy returns. Don't worry, you really didn't miss much, unless anything happened since the last time I popped in.

Pretty soon we'll have enough aged relics to go on a comeback tour..!

RE: Word - Cheffy - 09-24-2014

I'm not THAT old am I? ;_;

I still have copokies! I'm still relevant!

RE: Word - WyvernSlayer - 09-24-2014

Wow... I remember copokies. That was like six or seven years ago.

But in internet years that's like... a century.

RE: Word - Falaflame - 09-24-2014

I remember them too.

RE: Word - Linkhardin - 09-24-2014

(09-24-2014, 10:51 AM)Cheffy Wrote: I'm not THAT old am I? ;_;

I still have copokies! I'm still relevant!

I'm old too Dx, even though I'm two years younger than the original site... I think? Joined all the way back in '08.

RE: Word - Pura - 09-25-2014

So many baldies! O:

RE: Word - Cheffy - 09-25-2014

Hell, I don't even know why I started with those damn things. Kinda wish I kept speaking in word salads though. That was fun. And difficult.

RE: Word - WyvernSlayer - 09-26-2014

I demand that you change your member title to "Wordsmith" as a testament to the word salad.

RE: Word - Cheffy - 09-27-2014

It is done.

RE: Word - Mizu - 10-05-2014

Holy bonkeronies! I thought you would never ever ever come back. I said years ago you'd eventually give in. Rofl

RE: Word - Cheffy - 10-06-2014

SaS and Zero are gone. Also, as I got older, I stopped giving a shit. Also Also, I don't remember this conversation?

RE: Word - Falaflame - 10-09-2014

Was SaS and Zerxer truly keeping you away from the site? I'm interested in seeing what they did that was offputting, so I can forward to fensti to make sure those mistakes don't get repeated.

I've always been meaning to push the reset button on the community, and the new forums and management definitely was a start. I've since resigned as of recent due to real life obligations, but that does not mean I'm not connected at all to the community. I'll still be offering some sound suggestions to fensti when the need arises.

During my time here, my goal was to change the atmosphere here. In the SaS era, the atmosphere was definitely hostile and user-unfriendly. For the most part, I've definitely succeeded, but there's definitely things here and there that still need to be worked on. Trying to build community rapport is a must, and to rebuild the momentum we once had back in 2006 will take a very long time. Wounds from 2007 onward take a lot of time to heal, and right now it's just patchwork. But patchwork is much better than no progress at all, in my books. The bridge has been rebuilt, but it's standing on a fringy foundation. As such, more work needs to be done.

These are things that, back in 2007-2009, nobody would come forward to admit due to pride. And as far as I know, pride is one of the 7 deadly sins. And it killed us during that era. I feel the majority of us have long since moved past that, and don't want to make that same mistake ever again.

That was a long-winded ramble from me, and hopefully it made some sense.

RE: Word - Breadophile - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 11:24 AM)Falaflame Wrote: Was SaS and Zerxer truly keeping you away from the site? I'm interested in seeing what they did that was offputting, so I can forward to fensti to make sure those mistakes don't get repeated.

I've always been meaning to push the reset button on the community, and the new forums and management definitely was a start. I've since resigned as of recent due to real life obligations, but that does not mean I'm not connected at all to the community. I'll still be offering some sound suggestions to fensti when the need arises.

During my time here, my goal was to change the atmosphere here. In the SaS era, the atmosphere was definitely hostile and user-unfriendly. For the most part, I've definitely succeeded, but there's definitely things here and there that still need to be worked on. Trying to build community rapport is a must, and to rebuild the momentum we once had back in 2006 will take a very long time. Wounds from 2007 onward take a lot of time to heal, and right now it's just patchwork. But patchwork is much better than no progress at all, in my books. The bridge has been rebuilt, but it's standing on a fringy foundation. As such, more work needs to be done.

These are things that, back in 2007-2009, nobody would come forward to admit due to pride. And as far as I know, pride is one of the 7 deadly sins. And it killed us during that era. I feel the majority of us have long since moved past that, and don't want to make that same mistake ever again.

That was a long-winded ramble from me, and hopefully it made some sense.

You worry too much. The community is nothing like it was back then, thanks to the "vets" I should say not being douchebags. The big thing is site activity. "I wish something interesting would happen with FEP. I don't care what it is."

Whatever wounds we've had were long gone with nearly all of the user base changing.