The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Tactics Online (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-23.html)
+---- Forum: Bugs and Suggestions (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-38.html)
+---- Thread: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? (/thread-448.html)

Pages: 1 2

Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - Wen Yang - 08-05-2014

I don't know if it's just me, but since I see no topic about the issue, might as well post it here.

Basically, came back to FETO after around a 3-year Hiatus, was eager to upload some of my works in the meantime... but nothing seems to work. Keep getting "Failed to upload". Anyone happen to know what might be the issue?

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - Fredmir - 08-05-2014

This is an old issue, it was originally posted on old forums.

FETO had many other problem and Siro is working as he can on everything. However, sprite uploading isn't (I think) a major problem needing fixing right away, other problems are more urgent.

When Siro will have time and get his Dev team working and etc, there will be more people than just 1-2 ro be able to work on problems like this one.

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - Breadophile - 08-06-2014

Fredmir accidentally opened a wormhole to Satan. We're working on closing it, but good exorcists are hard to find. Most of them keep asking for money first. I'm trying to get in touch with Popo Francis, but he hasn't responded to any of my messenger crows. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any of them return either.

:hmm:

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - LeaderR Elliot - 08-10-2014

Yes, I miss uploading dem sprites and mugs too, I didnot do it most of the time and I have no talent for spriting but no one can't deny it was a cool thing to have. And would definately love to have it back.

But on the other hand siro has more things to worry about atm, he is the only one we can trust abou this issue.

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - Kingraven - 08-10-2014

good to know the system is down. thought i was screwing up something

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - FrostytheSnowman - 08-30-2014

This is what's keeping me from coming back to that game for the meanwhile.

I can't unleash some artful shenanigans. XD

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - Falaflame - 09-22-2014

I'm not putting this bug on hiatus, but I will officially say this.

The sprite uploading bug will be fixed when it gets fixed. I'm not going to be giving a date or a schedule to lead to when it will get fixed, because I'll likely be shooting myself in the foot. At this point, I can't be making promises I know I won't fulfill. So, until we get more reliable developers on board to help us with this, we will stay pat with this issue.

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - Wen Yang - 02-15-2015

(09-22-2014, 05:35 PM)Falaflame Wrote: I'm not putting this bug on hiatus, but I will officially say this.

The sprite uploading bug will be fixed when it gets fixed. I'm not going to be giving a date or a schedule to lead to when it will get fixed, because I'll likely be shooting myself in the foot. At this point, I can't be making promises I know I won't fulfill. So, until we get more reliable developers on board to help us with this, we will stay pat with this issue.

Damn. Sad

This is probably one of the biggest reasons my will to play has been low.

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - zupakid - 05-10-2015

is there a way to add to the currently-usable sprite bank? What I mean is, is it possible to have some spriters donate their mugshots etc. and have Siro, or whomever else could do that, put into the 'default' options that are already available? It's a temporary (and messy, if too many people jump on) solution, if it's even possible... but it could provide a little more sprite diversity?

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - MMM - 05-11-2015

(05-10-2015, 09:29 PM)zupakid Wrote: is there a way to add to the currently-usable sprite bank? What I mean is, is it possible to have some spriters donate their mugshots etc. and have Siro, or whomever else could do that, put into the 'default' options that are already available? It's a temporary (and messy, if too many people jump on) solution, if it's even possible... but it could provide a little more sprite diversity?

I would second this actually. A problem is that there may not be a lot of spriters willing to donate their work like that (which is if any talented spriter is even paying attenton to this), but I can still hope some people will prove me wrong =P (seriously if only I didn't suck at spriting)

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - fensti - 05-11-2015

There might be a way to do it. I'll have to look around in the database and files to see if it is possible.

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - Fredmir - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 12:26 AM)MMM Wrote:
(05-10-2015, 09:29 PM)zupakid Wrote: is there a way to add to the currently-usable sprite bank? What I mean is, is it possible to have some spriters donate their mugshots etc. and have Siro, or whomever else could do that, put into the 'default' options that are already available? It's a temporary (and messy, if too many people jump on) solution, if it's even possible... but it could provide a little more sprite diversity?

I would second this actually. A problem is that there may not be a lot of spriters willing to donate their work like that (which is if any talented spriter is even paying attenton to this), but I can still hope some people will prove me wrong =P (seriously if only I didn't suck at spriting)

I did my own sprites for a bunch of units, I'm not really 'great', but I don't think I'm bad, the thing is, I'm not sure I want the sprite I made specifically for my units to be used by everyone =/ Convince me? xP

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - MMM - 05-12-2015

(05-11-2015, 07:04 PM)Fredmir Wrote: Convince me? xP

If every person who saw this within the next 2-3 weeks donated even just one sprite, you could have a unique sprite on every single one of your 181 characters, even if you include the ones for which you have managed to upload a custom sprite in the past!
Of course that won't be case because not all people are even able to make decent custom sprites (including myself, but at least I tried and failed...), so we'll probably end up taking baby steps unless someone makes a generous contribution. ;_; Although of course if you don't give away all of them it's still appreciated. If we can't upload our own any time in the near future, I'd really welcome the variety...

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - zupakid - 05-12-2015

i can make mash-up sprites rather confidently? I mean they're not perfect but here's an example that i just finished up.
[Image: mEOKILA.gif]
but this is assuming what I've proposed is even possible (which it might not be so, fingers crossed!)
EDIT: and i just realized a potential problem with this method; if we do want to add sprites in this way, it might be tedious... even if fensti can find a way to work that out with the databases, it could be a lot of repetitive coding...
but a tedious solution is better than nothing...?

EDIT X2:
Heres some more examples if you'd like

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - MMM - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 10:11 PM)zupakid Wrote: i can make mash-up sprites rather confidently? I mean they're not perfect but here's an example that i just finished up.
[Image: mEOKILA.gif]
but this is assuming what I've proposed is even possible (which it might not be so, fingers crossed!)
EDIT: and i just realized a potential problem with this method; if we do want to add sprites in this way, it might be tedious... even if fensti can find a way to work that out with the databases, it could be a lot of repetitive coding...
but a tedious solution is better than nothing...?

Yeah you've already outdone me, good job on that; I would totally use that sprite.
For one thing if this can be done it may not have do be done exactly by coding, but even then, copy-pasting everything and adjusting accordingly for the image shouldn't take too long. Unless we get the aforementioned generous donation of custom sprites. :O

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - RavenHenomura - 05-28-2015

(02-15-2015, 07:21 AM)Wen Yang Wrote:
(09-22-2014, 05:35 PM)Falaflame Wrote: I'm not putting this bug on hiatus, but I will officially say this.

Damn. Sad

I agree with you sir Wen Yang. I was heavily ready to play again and upload custom sprites and mugshots but I see the sprite uploading is down when I was trying to upload. Any progress on the healing of the sprite feature?

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - fensti - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 10:50 AM)RavenHenomura Wrote:
(02-15-2015, 07:21 AM)Wen Yang Wrote: Damn. Sad

I agree with you sir Wen Yang. I was heavily ready to play again and upload custom sprites and mugshots but I see the sprite uploading is down when I was trying to upload. Any progress on the healing of the sprite feature?

When this gets fixed we will definitely do an announcement regarding it so everyone knows. We haven't had time to look at it recently. Considering that it isn't integral to the game functioning it isn't something we are too concerned about.

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - Fredmir - 07-11-2016

Oh yeah, little update from me....

I Just Fixed That, uploading is now back on service, Speedy will make an annoucement about it soon..

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - MMM - 07-12-2016

Time to go crazy with those mugs I made years ago

RE: Cannot upload mugs and sprites? - Pura - 07-18-2016

It's back eh? I suppose I should visit FETO again soonish or laterish.
E: actually nevermind, forgot I had mi account reset and didn't play a whole lot before going inactive.