The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
A month later... - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Site Matters (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements and News (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: A month later... (/thread-44.html)

A month later... - sirocyl - 02-02-2014

[Image: L84ss01.png]
... and we're moving right along!

So, how are the new forums so far, now that you've had a while to try them on?

Two todo's: expand/imgspoiler tag, and autoresize images (like vBulletin on mkwii.com but less anal)

RE: A month later... - Falaflame - 02-02-2014

I find the major differences to be pretty appealing, actually. Of course, this is coming from someone who's used to MyBB's systems.

If we can take it to the next level, that'd be grand.

RE: A month later... - Val Ritz - 02-02-2014

It's still growing, and so far I like what's been done! It will take a while to get that same "lived-in" feel, though.

RE: A month later... - ShinkuDragon - 02-03-2014

i like it pretty much, just feel that there is a bit too much wasted space though (not a fan of horizontal character info or the small avatar) but that's still being worked on and it's not really a priority

RE: A month later... - sirocyl - 02-03-2014

(02-03-2014, 02:47 AM)ShinkuDragon Wrote: i like it pretty much, just feel that there is a bit too much wasted space though (not a fan of horizontal character info or the small avatar) but that's still being worked on and it's not really a priority

Go to your user control panel and select "Display posts in classic mode".

I should probably make this a more visible toggle, but it's in the userCP for now.

Also of note: Since I shut down registration/e-mail verification on the old forums, spam has completely stopped there.
Which is good.
I'm gonna be spinning up a test version of FETO over the coming weeks that pulls user data independently of IPB, using its own database.

I'm also going to make it so that you don't need an feplanet forums/site account to use FETO, if you just want to start playing and don't care to post or anything.
(You'll still need a FETO account to keep track of your progress, which you can link to an feplanet forums account at any time later, though.)

I won't be enabling it like that in the end, you'll still use your site account for FETO, but it's a test to make sure it can completely field itself independently.

RE: A month later... - ShinkuDragon - 02-03-2014

(02-03-2014, 03:13 AM)sirocyl Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 02:47 AM)ShinkuDragon Wrote: i like it pretty much, just feel that there is a bit too much wasted space though (not a fan of horizontal character info or the small avatar) but that's still being worked on and it's not really a priority

Go to your user control panel and select "Display posts in classic mode".

I should probably make this a more visible toggle, but it's in the userCP for now.

Also of note: Since I shut down registration/e-mail verification on the old forums, spam has completely stopped there.
Which is good.
I'm gonna be spinning up a test version of FETO over the coming weeks that pulls user data independently of IPB, using its own database.

I'm also going to make it so that you don't need an feplanet forums/site account to use FETO, if you just want to start playing and don't care to post or anything.
(You'll still need a FETO account to keep track of your progress, which you can link to an feplanet forums account at any time later, though.)

I won't be enabling it like that in the end, you'll still use your site account for FETO, but it's a test to make sure it can completely field itself independently.

oh found it now, it is indeed quite hidden but i feel much better now (avatars are still round but who cares)

why won't you enable it like that? seems like it'd avoid some trouble, although i guess not getting the same screenname in both FETO and FEPlanet could become a rare issue

RE: A month later... - Alusq - 02-03-2014

As someone who enjoys forums but was not part of the old FEP forum, I think you're doing a good job here. I like MyBB's forum systems and am happy that there's another chance to post on one now.
It still seems like a "newly-made forum" as others have pointed out, but that will change after time. Keep on keeping on!

RE: A month later... - Mizu - 02-03-2014

I like it, it's really coming along! ^.^