The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
[IRP] Secrets of the Empire - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Roleplays (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-9.html)
+---- Forum: Fire Emblem: Insurrection (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-28.html)
+---- Thread: [IRP] Secrets of the Empire (/thread-413.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Swift_Assassin - 08-27-2014

Wolfram glanced at Shad, with inquiring eyes. How did he get a hold of a contact within Castle Pharae? That connection could be vital in a future conflict. In fact...it could be useful now. He looked towards the general direction of his wagon. Niime's research lies within. Three generations of her family fought along side the Pharae nobles a century. Perhaps journals of the exploits of the Young Lion, Roy, and his father, the Knight of Lycia Eliwood, could be found within. And this woman would most likely be able to lead them straight to them.

"The same to you, Paige. Just one thing I want to make sure of first. Did we save the village?," Shad inquired, believing that Marcus could have just been trying to soothe his thoughts. "As my uncle said, I've been bed ridden since that buffoon attacked. I haven't been able to confirm it with my own eyes."

"She's here, isn't she?" Wolfram replied. Shad glared at him for a second before realizing that Wolfram doesn't know what he meant.

"I'm not talking about the attack. I meant the village itself. The last thing I knew, I was trying to derail a giant rock with my magic . . ."Shad paused for a second, before remembering he was still in Lycia. "..-infused rapier.", he quickly added, "After that, I woke up at an inn in town." Marcus arrived with a platter with tea cups on it. He put it down on the table and sat down at the table at an empty seat. "Marcus, this is Paige. Paige, this is that friend I told the kid about. Who...I compared to the Loyal Paladin of Pharae. And coincidentally shares a name with." Shad drifted of the introduction and began taking a few tentative sips of his tea.

"You don't know, do you? My mother hails from Pharae. The Marcus of old is my name sake. I can only hope to live up to it," Marcus replied. He turned his head towards Paige. "Greetings, everyone. I am Knight Captain Marcus Carvax of Arretium and head of the household guard of the Hyperion family."

While those two were talking, Wolfram looked at the girl once more. Her subtle movements before have ceased. Fantastic. He knelt down to get a look at her face and saw it was red. "She has seemingly passed out again. Her face is turning red," He explained. He got back up and sat at his seat and took a sip of tea. "I would recommend relocating her as soon as possible, but I'd advice against doing it while she is unconscious. Could be dangerous upon her awakening, either for her health or ours."

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Toogee - 08-30-2014

“Is that what you two were trying to do?” Paige replied to Shadrack. “But yes, you and Kalin did it. The only building lost was the schoolhouse. Last I heard, they were to make the blacksmith the mayor.”

Conversation shifted to Shad’s friend Marcus. Paige was not particularly familiar with the houses of Etruria, but it sounded significant.

“Ah yes. Marcus is a popular boy’s name in Pherae, as is Roy and Eliwood. Though, the latter is often shortened to Eli. A pleasure to meet you nonetheless.”

That was when Tareya had once again fallen unconscious. Paige was worried there was something seriously wrong with the girl. She took Wolfram’s suggestion not to move the girl to heart.

“Maybe I can get someone from the castle to come here and check on her. I hate to leave her here, but if that’s what’s best…”

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Deathspike - 08-31-2014

While Klara was speaking to Paige, Gunoy noticed more people entering the small shop. He also noticed the same new people were coming their way to speak to Paige as well. He simply sat his now empty cup of tea on the table and watched the conversation unravel. As he was listening he noticed that Klara's cup was also empty and proceeded to stand up.

"Where are you going?" Klara asked as she noticed him gathering their cups and saucers.

"Well we're done with them," Gunoy said, "I'm just taking them back to the bar."

After that, Gunoy then walked over and placed them on the bar. He was then thanked by the shop owner as he headed back for his seat. He then noticed the other girl was unconscious. Seeing this simply made him put on a blank face and droop his arms in disbelief. "...Really? Again?" he thought as he shook his head slowly.

Klara didn't know what he was so upset about, until one of the men mentioned her passing out again. They then begun debating on what they should do with her as far as her health was concerned. Without even thinking Klara raised her arm out, "Oh! I could take care of her," she said to them all.

Gunoy didn't seem fazed by what Klara said at all, "As predictable as ever," Gunoy said, "well since your taking care of her, I'm going to make that delivery." As he was speaking he was writing something on a piece of paper and passed it to Klara. After that he then made his his way for the door.

Klara seemed a little dumbfounded when Gunoy gave her a piece of paper and started walking out, "Okay, see you later!" Klara said to Gunoy. Whenever Gunoy wrote her something, it was either very helpful, or a warning. With that in mind she decided to simply put the note away and read it at a later time. After that, she stood up and approached the girl.

Meanwhile.....

Gunoy just exited the tea shop; covering his eyes to keep from being blinded by the sun. As he soon let his left arm lower naturally he noticed the cloth on it was fully dark red indicating they were filled with much of his blood. He quickly went to their travel wagon and grabbed a clean white cloth. As he unraveled the one that was on his arm it began dripping lots of blood. When he got it off there was a small puddle of his blood on the ground.

The cause was covered in blood, but very easy to see; in his arm was what appeared to be metal imbedded in his arm smoothed to his skin. He then cringed in pain and from the metal blood began to seep out of his arm. He then quickly covered the cause with the cloth and strapped it on tight, "Ugh, that was even more than last time," he thought, "this curse is such a pain."

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Breadophile - 09-01-2014

It was quite a show how she went from her earlier situation to where she was now while somehow convincing her new thief buddy to come along. How she did it without getting questioned by the local police was a story too awesome for words...

But basically she offered to buy the kid something to eat and he seemed content enough to take food without having to deal with the local soldiers in the process. They left through a back alley and emerged somewhere else in town to diffuse most of the crowd. It wouldn't have worked were they running away from a murder, but in this case most people really didn't seem to care, being something only interesting enough to draw a crowd for the moment. None-the-less, the crowd was gone. They then circled around to the tea shop.

"Here it is, Sam: the sober pu-er, uh... the tea shop. I heard some commotion from here earlier. I think they serve scones at these places. I've always wanted to try one."

Just then a very dark-skinned man came out of the shop. Kalin had never seen someone with skin like that before, but felt she shouldn't comment. There was quite a bit of blood sinking through his attire, however.

Holy shit! Is he all right?

Kalin followed him back to his wagon, dragging Sam along with her.

How did I get roped into this again? He thought to himself.

"A-are you alright? I'll have you know, I'm a licensed falcoknight. I know how to use a staff."

Kalin could feel Ray's bullshit meter go off from a distance (perhaps she could use that to pinpoint his location?). However, she wasn't lying about knowing how to use her heal staff.

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Toogee - 09-21-2014

"Oh thank you Klara," Paige said to Klara's offer. "I hope it's not too serious, but if it is, send word to the castle. The nurses do wonders there."

With that, the librarian stood up and drank the last of her tea.

"I hate to leave like this, but I have a mountain of Imperial research I have to get back to. It was nice to meet you, Klara. Stay safe, you guys." At the latter statement, Paige was looking towards Shad and his companions. Pherae was safer for Etrurian travelers passing through than the rest of Lycia, as long as they didn't speak too loudly of their connections to their homeland. It would be very awkward to go to work while her friends were locked up in a dungeon down the hall.

The librarian was making her way back to the castle. Just as she turned a corner, Paige found yet another familiar face talking to Gunoy. She changed course to catch up with the peg knight.

"Kalin?" Paige said in surprise. "I would have thought you'd left on a job. It's nice to see you've stuck around Pherae."

Paige offered a warm smile, unaware of Gunoy's condition.

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Swift_Assassin - 09-24-2014

"See you around, Paige," Shad replied, drinking his tea. He wanted to warn her that the crazy pegasus knight was in town as well. But...perhaps she can distract her when they leave. He looked over at Wolfram, noticing him glaring at him. "What's your problem?"

"Imperial research. We need to help her," he replied. Shad just looked around to make sure no one was watching. "Since this whole ordeal started, we have learned nothing about this empire outside of it's church. Let's utilize the resources presented to us," Wolfram explained, while coyly disguising his own personal interest in the Pharae library.

He looked around and thought about it. He doesn't even know who the head of the enemy is. All everyone knows is that there is an Emperor. It may even be an Empress for all the public knows. Perhaps most of this structure of this new government can be discovered as well. "Hmm...you have a point. This is a huge risk," Shad replied. "It sounds...like a bad idea. Marcus, you'll stay here in case we need you to break us out."

"Sure. Go ahead," the knight replied, startling both Shad and Wolfram. He looked at them. "It's a bad idea, but it's Wolfram's bad idea. I trust those much more than your bad ideas, my lord." Shad glared over at Wolfram, who hid a smirk on his face.

The uncle and nephew duo got up from their seats and left the tea shop, leaving Marcus to himself. The two began heading towards the castle, but then noticed Paige talking with Gunoy and Kalin. Shad hid around the corner, which forced Wolfram to wait with him. He peered around the corner and saw the group. "It's that crazy woman again, isn't it?" Shad nodded in reply. "Ah. Well, let's wait here for the moment."

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Breadophile - 09-24-2014

After Kalin spoke, she was contemplating what her pegasi was doing flying around. Must've been a strange sight to the locals...

Just then, Kalin was distracted from her present conversation with the dark-skinned fellow.

"Kalin?" Paige said in surprise. "I would have thought you'd left on a job. It's nice to see you've stuck around Pherae."

"Paige...?"

She turned her head. Yep, it was Paige all right.

"Paige!"

Kalin gave her a bear hug, trying to avoid slamming Paige's head against the breastplate (for what it was worth) while hoisting her in the air. She gently lowered Paige and released a few seconds later.

"It's nice to see you too! I'm looking for a sibling of mine and I think he may have come this way. I'm pretty sure it was my crazy of a mother sent him on some mission, but I don't know. He sort of left without telling dad or me. Let me know if you've seen him. According to dad my hair color is exceedingly rare, and he shares it. He also looks like a really pretty girl, especially with... uh... his cloak. Nevermind, just know that he looks like a really pretty girl. His hair is also extremely long and he's slightly shorter than me. He loves reading, so the library seems like it would be the place to find him. He's also a huge asshole. Sorry I can't give a better description, but I'm pretty sure he's unique among the population with just those traits, especially the last one."

She paused.

"Ah, b-but don't tell him I was looking for him! I don't want him to know that I care or anything! Besides, if he found out he would probably skip town. What about you? What brings you to these parts? Oh, and meet my new adoptive little brother Sam. He looked like he was down on his luck."

"I was bribed with food." The boy said.

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Deathspike - 09-25-2014

As Klara was examining the unconscious girl she heard everyone else leaving. She waved at them all and a nod towards Paige who advised her to go to the castle if the girl's condition was serious. Klara then decided she should read the message that Gunoy had written to her. She pulled out the paper, read it, and sat it on the table with a blank look on her face. With the same look, Klara looked at the unconscious girl looking her over once more. She wasn't dehydrated any longer, her forehead was not hot, but her cheeks were bright red indicating one thing: she passed out from embarassment.

"Wow, he knew it before I even got the chance," Klara had thought. She then looked towards the door with a smile on her face, "Thank you, Gunoy." she said quietly to herself.

Meanwhile.....

Gunoy was in the middle of cleaning his arm from his blood when he was suddenly greeted by another woman and what he thought to be her child. She didn't introduce herself or the boy, but seemed concerned for his well being. He had a feeling he was talking about his arm. Before he could answer however, he noticed Paige was coming this way as well, "Hmm? The red-haired lady," he thought.

After that thought he watched as the other woman suddenly embraced her. Gunoy simply sat there and watched over them and in the process learning their names. He wasn't exactly sure what to think of Kalin after hearing all she had to say, and of course he was mistaken in thinking the boy was her child. He then decided he's heard enough and decided to speak up.

"So, I take it you two are friends?" he asked them.

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Toogee - 09-26-2014

Paige was taken offguard by Kalin's bear hug and found herself off her feet. She laughed in shock at the happy reunion, reminded of the time the rider hoisted Paige onto her pegasus. As soon as the librarian was back on her feet, Kalin went on to describe the brother she was searching for, as well as introduce a new one(?). That was when Gunoy jumped in.

"Yes, we met while defending a village from bandits," Paige replied to Gunoy. "This is Kalin and Sam, was it? Guys, this is Gunoy. We met not too long ago. Now, I happen to be on my way to the castle library if you want to search for your brother there, Kalin."

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Breadophile - 10-02-2014

"Nice to meetcha, Gunoy. Paige is super smart. Her tactics are way over my head. I'm not sure how we could've taken on the bandits without them.

Anyway, I guess I'll tag along. Considering Ray's a huge arsonist and I haven't heard anything about fires, I'd assume if he's here he'd be in the only flammable place he wouldn't willingly burn to the ground. He's uh... big on chemistry, shall we say.

Also, Paige, you're really light. I wanna just pick you up and set you on my shoulders."

She turned back to Gunoy.

"Oh, before I forget, since I never got an answer. Are you alright, Gunoy?"

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Deathspike - 10-05-2014

After he heard the women's brief explanations, Kalin once again asked about his well being. He then let out a small sigh and moved his left arm out of his cloak showing it to the both of them. Though the time he changed it was short there was already a pinkish layer on both sides of the bandages.

"I guess your referring to this?" Gunoy asked, "its touching that you're concerned, and I appreciate the offer with your staff, but those things won't work for this." he said to Kalin.

"Aside from that, it seems we all are going to the same place," Gunoy said, "if you'd like, you can ride along with me, there's plenty room in the wagon, just try not to break anything in it," he offered.

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Toogee - 10-17-2014

"Um, perhaps another time, Kalin," Paige struggled to reply to the peg knight's desire to carry her around. She really wasn't sure how else to respond, but fortunately, Gunoy gave her an out.

"The castle isn't terribly far, but I'll take that wagon ride." The librarian proceeded to climb aboard, looking around at the various items in the back as she searched for a seat.

"If you don't mind me asking, what business do you have at the castle, Gunoy?"

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Swift_Assassin - 11-02-2014

"Well? Notice anything?"

"It would seem that the Ilian has coerced a local into accompanying her. Given his tattered garbs, she probably promised food or coin," Wolfram relayed. He had yet to notice this apparent lunacy that Shad was referencing, but he'll find out sooner or later. "Lord nephew, we can't keep hiding here forever. Either we approach Paige to accompany or be on our way to meet up with her by the castle."

"Does it appear that we're going to be stuck with Kalin?" Shad questioned. Wolfram took another look around the corner then nodded at Shad. He sighed, almost feeling a headache come on."You owe me for this."

"Will me not confiscating your 'journal' count?" the shaman questioned rhetorically as he turned the corner. Reluctantly Shad followed behind him. "Lady Paige," Wolfram called out. "I hate to impose, but I'd like to offer my professional help as historian with your research." He pretended to just realize Gunoy and Kalin were there. "Oh, sorry to interrupt." He looked at Gunoy, "You were with Klara, right? And you are?" He directed towards Kalin and her 'brother'.

"That's...Kalin. She was with me and Paige at the village," Shad 'informed' as he limped behind Wolfram supported by his cane. "I don't know who the boy is though."

"Where's your manners today, pup? First the tea shop, now here. You are never going to grow up at this rate."

"It's good to see you again, Kalin. This is my uncle, Wolfram," Shad introduced his uncle to who may become the bane of his existence...or at least sanity.

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Breadophile - 11-02-2014

Kalin felt that comment about not breaking anything was directed at her. People were always underestimating her.

*stomach growl*

"I'm a little hungry actually, and so is Sam. We'll go grab something to eat real quick. Would you mind waiting in front of the castle when you're done getting ready? It'll take 5 minutes at most."

She turned around to see Shad and his acquaintances right before they spoke. She was relieved to see he was alright. Not many people would risk their lives for a village full of people. She wished some of her Ilian friends back home could learn from his example.

Then the old man started talking with Shad interjecting every few seconds. Her thoughts were different after she sensed the disdain in Shad's voice. It hurt a little.

"Um... It's nice to see you too. This is my friend Sam." She said somewhat monotonically.

She recovered, though any enthusiasm to give him a hug was shot. "Anyway, good to see you're alright."

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Deathspike - 11-03-2014

As Gunoy was about to head for the front of the wagon he received a question from Paige. He sat down upfront and then turned his head towards her, "There's a big crate back there, I'm taking that to the castle" he said, "but I can't tell you what's inside of it." he finished explaining.

Next thing he knew he saw two people come out from a corner. He knew there was people there for some time while they were talking. From their words he sensed that they were perhaps trying to avoid someone, but after seeing reactions as well he figured it out. He figured they have their reasons and decided to leave it at that.

"If your wanting to go to the castle then you're free to climb in the wagon," Gunoy said to the two guys, "and like I said to the women, try not to break anything." he offered to them.

After he said that he turned his attention towards Kalin and her friend, "Okay then, if that's what you want to do," he said to Kalin, "why not say hello to Klara while you're in there, she's quite friendly." he had suggested.

Meanwhile.....

Back inside the tea shot, Klara had the unconscious girl's head in her lap as she quietly sipped on another cup of tea. "Ahhh, nothing can beat this brand," she thought. Klara then took a look at the girl and noticed her cheeks were beginning to become normal. Klara then placed a hand on her cheek and smiled in relief.

"Umm, ma'am,if you want there is a small couch over yonder you can place her on," the owner suggested to Klara while pointing towards it. Klara looked and saw the couch mentioned and nodded, "Thank you, miss," Klara said. With that she slowly raised the girl's head off of her lap and stood up. Klara then knelt infront of her to pick her up, but then she came across a problem, "Ooof, she's so heavy, I can't even move her," Klara said.

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Toogee - 11-07-2014

Paige perked up upon hearing of a historian in their presence. It was rare to get many volunteers at the library, much less a professional. She was often lucky that any of her helpers could read at all! Needless to say, she gladly took the offer of help.

"Your help would be most appreciated," Paige replied to Wolfram. "I'll let you know more about what I'm looking for once we reach the library."

As Gunoy informed her of his purpose, Paige nodded to his requests to not break anything and climbed aboard. Once the others were ready, they were on the way to the castle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since they were already in town, the ride to Castle Pherae was a short one. Though the tall spires of the grand fortress could be seen anywhere in town, they were much more impressive up close. Stone walls marked the perimeter around the castle proper. The only entry point was across a drawbridge over a moat. Two soldiers stood guard over said entrance. They only moved once the wagon stopped before the bridge.

"State your name and business, sir," one of the soldiers said to Gunoy. Just then, Paige peeked her head out from the wagon, appearing next to Gunoy.

"They're with me, Leroy," Paige said to the questioning soldier. Suddenly, Leroy seemed a bit more relaxed upon seeing a familiar face.

"Ah, Lady Paige," Leroy replied with a smile. "If it's all the same to you, we will still check on the occupants. Can't have anyone terribly armed walking on in and all."

Paige nodded in agreement. She just hoped certain Etrurians weren't recognized in Pherae.

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Deathspike - 11-10-2014

Gunoy slowed the wagon to a stop when one of the guards stepped forward. He heard what he and Paige had to say and made his reply, "Gunoy Autumn," he said, "I'm here to deliver requested items by a client from this castle."

At this moment he wasn't wearing his cloak making it plainly obvious he has no weapons of any sort on his body. Also around this time the bandage on his left arm had grown a darker red than moments ago.

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Swift_Assassin - 11-13-2014

"Forgive his tone, miss Kalin. The pup has been bedridden since you saw him last. It has tarnished his mood," the historian said, sensing her own uneasiness Shad's tone. It must be hard for her not knowing why he seems so sour in his interjections. All she was doing was helping him with his dumb plan. And liking it. He turned his gaze towards Shad who began walking to Gunoy's wagon. "He's normally not like this. Give him some time."

As Wolfram apologized on his behalf, Shad slipped his hood back on, to hide a glance back. It did seem rather...harsh how he was speaking to her. And now there were going to be stuck in a wagon together, most likely. This is going to be an awkward ride. As he began climbing in, he looked to his right and thought he just saw Alice again. He shook his head and looked again and she was gone. "If I didn't know better...," he whispered under his breath. He ignored that train of thought and climbed in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shad's eye's darted back and forth as they were told about wagon check. He slipped his signet ring off and handed it to Wolfram, who promptly slid it into a pocket in his cloak. He was a bit concerned with the fire tome at his belt, but he knew for certain that Wolfram must have had a tome or two of his own on his person. "Let's get this over with," Shad ordered his adviser as the pair stepped out of the wagon. That was when Wolfram took over.

He pulled Shad's hood back off and swiftly removed his cloak from his person. "I am Wolfram Caron. I am a free lance historian offering his services to Lady Paige.," he said, pulling a document from his coat. He handed the document to Leroy, hoping that the man could read. "That is my certification from the University of Aquleia."

Shad stared at him wide-eyed. He's must have done this before. He didn't rehearse this in the wagon. He walked up next to Wolfram. Hopefully he has an idea for him as well. "And this is Chad Chevalier, my apprentice and assistant. As you can see, neither of us are armed. The poor pup can barely support himself, let alone wield a blade."

That is when Wolfram decided to demonstrate by kicking Shad's cane out from under him. Acting quickly, he fell towards Wolfram. He caught onto his arm and actually struggled to support himself. "M-master W-wolfram...y-you know I-I need that," he stammered, acting out the role. Leaning himself against his uncle, he steadily reached down and grabbed his cane and climbed back up. He couldn't help but applaude Wolfram for his quick thinking. Now if only he didn't look the helpless sort who needs Wolfram's help, this would be that much better.

"We'll be heading back into the wagon now, if that's okay with you, sir," Wolfram asked as he waited for his certification back.

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Toogee - 11-21-2014

Leroy was more interested in Gunoy’s cargo than Gunoy himself. He took a peek inside the wagon to see the non-descript box to be delivered. He then took a second look at the merchant and his seemingly bleeding arm.

“Bandit trouble?” Leroy remarked to Gunoy, nodding at his wound. His attention was then diverted to the Etrurian passengers. Fortunately, Leroy was a local Pheraen through and through. He paid no heed to politics outside of Lycia, and even then, only kept track of local matters. Thus, he had no idea of the royalty before him, much less their nationality.

Paige however raised her eyebrows as Wolfram casually presented official documents proving he came from Etruria. Even though Pherae was more lax towards Etrurian immigrants, that didn’t mean they blatantly pointed out where they were from. Thankfully, Leroy seemed appreciative of the honesty and acted rather casual about the reveal.

“Guess there’s nothing too scholarly going on in Etruria these days, what with the war and all,” Leroy commented as he looked over Wolfram’s credentials. It seemed legitimate, not that he would know what a fake one would look like. Pheraens in general were more relaxed with Etrurian visitors than their Ostian cousins. Besides, the certificate only proved that Wolfram was in Etruria a while back. The guard wasn’t eager to catch either the scholar or his crippled assistant in a lie, especially with Paige at their side.

“Honestly, if Lady Paige vouches for you, then you’re good in my book,” Leroy replied to all. “However, the wagon’s gonna have to stay out here. We want to check the delivery out here, for security reasons. Rest assured, Mr. Autumn, you’ll be paid for your services.”

RE: Secrets of the Empire - Breadophile - 11-22-2014

"Ah... oh, okay."

Kalin quickly darted into the tea shop (that sold normal food) to get sandwiches for her and Sam.

"Thanks for the food Kalin, but why on Earth would I want to go to the castle?"

"It'll be exciting! It's like an adventure!"

"..."

"Would you rather run around stealing more stuff? This is way more interesting."

"So how do you plan to get in?"

"Uhhh, well... I have a plan."

"And how do you plan to get me in?"

"Okay, nevermind, I don't have a plan."

"Yeah, thought so. Thanks for the food Kalin, but if you're going to go into the castle I'm gonna have to part ways here."

"..."

"Sorry. I feel a little bad after the food, but what do you want to do?"

"Well, I'll see you around sometime! Don't worry about the food. It's one the house. Try not to get into trouble, I don't want to have to bail you out!"

"Will do!"

And so they parted ways, surprisingly anticlimactically.

I guess he did have a point... How am I gonna get him past the guards?

---------

Kalin walked up to the drawbridge, arriving later than the rest. Since Paige had gone ahead already, she had to come up with something to get inside.

"Hmm..." She put on her serious face. They hadn't seen anything yet.

"State your name and business, ma'am."

"Sir! My name is Kalin Aleria of the 14th Division of the Ilian Mercenary Air Force!"

Kalin gave an Ilian salute.

"I was hired as a bodyguard for someone in this castle. The Pegasus Knights of Ilia have a reputation to uphold, so I decided to come a little early to ensure their safety. One can never be too careful these days. I've also come to clear some of the finer details of our contract. The woman's name is Paige. She has dark red, slightly-crimson hair that goes down to her shoulders. She is dressed in regal clothing of what is presumably Pheraen culture. I am not sure, as it is unfamiliar to most of us. According to what she told me, she works at this castle as a librarian. Sir, may I go inside to see her?"