The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Games (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? (/thread-38.html)

Pages: 1 2

Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Zanryu - 01-30-2014

Relatively simple premise; where do you stand as a gamer? Hardcore, recreational? What are your favorite genres and why? Explain your stance, I'm interested to hear, and I'm sure others would be too!

I'm a fairly hardcore gamer - not in the way that I'll bash "casuals" and the likes, but I've gotta have games. More games, constantly - it's sort of my addiction. xP I'm more of a new-age gamer, but I'll always have a spot in my heart where the retro games will reside - but my current favorite series is Assassin's Creed.

I play a lot of shooters, but usually just to run through them and once in a blue moon to destress online. I'm more of an RPG gamer myself - action RPG preferably. I'm currently doing a playthrough of Dark Souls, my first actual attempt at completing the game.

In the last five years (when I got my first then-next-gen console), I've managed to collect over 200 games, the majority being from the 360/PS3/Wii era. Some are Gamecube/PS2 games, and a few are downloaded arcade games. I've only finished roughly 80 of them, but I plan to get through them all one day, when time permits. xP

How about you guys? How's your collection/setup? Anyone else play online? Favorite games/series, console, etc?

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Space Flower - 01-30-2014

Yup, I've been an RPG devotee for most of my life, but growing up and finding less 10-hour chunks of time to sacrifice to the RNG gods has turned me on to a variety of other stuff (and when I do get free time I usually spend the points on visual-novel reading). In high school it was Call of Duty. I'm self-conscious about my competitive spirit, so it's nice to be able to play online games where no one can hear my anguished screams if I'm in a bad mood. I'm not fond of the newest iteration, so I switched to League of Legends as far as multiplayer stress relief goes. But, even that I only play a few times a month.

What really sets me off is Touhou Project. I really have no bad words to say about it. It deserves its popularity and I haven't been nearly as impressed with any other arcade shooter out there. I play it daily and I'm on an endless musical quest to listen to every album that has ever been inspired by the series.

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Alusq - 01-31-2014

I used to be big on console (especially Nintendo) gaming, but I've moved pretty much exclusively to PC (Fire Emblem being a notable exception) as I've grown older and become self-conscious of playing games on a TV where everyone can see them. I like relatively short games (~20 hours play time or less), which seems to be a paradox because I also like RPGs, but my ideal games have always been ones that I can just play over and over again. FE, Mega Man, and Ys are several examples.

I don't really care about whether I'm a casual or hardcore or whatever. I do love a challenge (and I'm pretty bad at games so I can easily find that), but I'm not going to bend myself until I break to get all the achievements and such, so I'm probably not that hardcore. I also stay away from competitive multiplayer games (co-op is fine)-- they always end up enraging me, and rage is the last thing I want when sitting down to play video games said the dude making sadistic Fire Emblem mods.

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Falaflame - 01-31-2014

I'm a fan of a lot of genres, specifically RPG, Platformers, Action Adventure, and some Racing and Puzzle games.

I can also be seen playing one particular MMORPG (and that's Mabinogi. If you play too, feel free to add me), but besides that I tend to chill.

I'm a pseudo-competitive player as well. I aim to win at whatever I play, but not to the point where I simply no-life whatever game I play.

There's more I would write here, but my mind kinda went blank for a moment.

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Pura - 01-31-2014

I haven't really been playing too much since 6th gen (ps2, gba, xbox, gamecube era) but meh... I haven't really been impressed with what's going on in general in video game industry anyways (thanks for publisher who wants to play safe).

I'm up to pretty much anything with good gameplay, music (not really that important), characters, story (unless the game is trying to stupid/loony/whatever, then it doesn't really matter that much) and difficulty (derp Nintendo, y u made Super Mario games so easy.. oh wait...).

Multiplayer multiplayer multiplayer.... co-op pl0x. I'm kinda done with PvP (at least when it comes to FPS) pretty much since I've got more lazy and careless (= at certain point I just won't give rat's ass about ) and nowadays it seems like pvp games have only like pros and nubs, population between them seems to get smaller and smaller (=gameplay ends up being complete noobashing or getting completely wreck'd)... ... and of course, online community in general seems to be a lot more childish than it used to be (rage and other stupid shenanigans... sure it's not bad at certain level but usually people crosses the line).

Idk, might've forgot or messed up something (tireddd).

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Mizu - 01-31-2014

I love video games! lol I like a lot of different games, I do need a challenge and, depending on the type of game, a decent story. If a game is too easy I get bored quickly and then upset that I spent money on it. XD Like, I bought the new Donkey Kong Country for the 3DS and ohmygosh. I'm so upset with it. I guess I should have seen that one coming, but still. XD I love Mario games, but they're just too easy. I get bored fast.

My favourite game series is Fire Emblem. Professor Layton is probably second. I play a few FPSs but not many, I'm really not big on them. I like RPGs and puzzle games a lot. I actually just bought Etrian Odessy: Untold. I like it a lot so far. lol

I need video games. rofl I get so bored and blargahg if I have nothing to play. I have been having a lot of trouble finding good games lately, though. I'm going to try Civilization V next weekend or so and I pre-ordered the new PL. Plus EO:Untold.

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Pura - 01-31-2014

(01-31-2014, 05:22 PM)Mizu Wrote: Like, I bought the new Donkey Kong Country for the 3DS and ohmygosh. I'm so upset with it.
Like I was after finishing New Super Mario Bros. 2 in ~3-4 hours... well, that was a good way to waste 50€ ($65+)... I wasn't expecting it to be hard like Super Mario Bros. 3 but I would've expected that it would've been somewhat difficult for a player like me who hasn't really been playing platformers for a quite long time and Mario games even longer... but nope, easy as hell from the beginning to the end.

...RRRAAAAHHHH!!!
If it was like 20€, I would mind at all. Like... fK!!!!1 Killing Floor cost ~20€ and I've played it for 800+ hours... jezuz...

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Jack - 01-31-2014

I've always been an RPG guy, but lately I've been super into the retro trend that's coming along. I've bought pretty much any game on Steam that fits into the old school feel, and luckily they're usually fairly cheap. Other than that though, I've always been into JRPGs, Tactical RPG, and any games that incorporate RPGs elements, such as Borderlands and Fallout. I play Super Smash Bros with my roommates on a daily basis, and we even went to APEX this year. Also, I play a shitload of Minecraft, although I never play Vanilla anymore

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Speedy - IX - 02-01-2014

Started my gaming with the Sonic series, followed by the Zelda then the FF series followed by Smash bros. and then I added Fire Emblem and my other RPGs. I usually enjoy Mario Karts (until they make me rage when i try to unlock everything) though I usually trade them in as well...I like Horror/Survival games such as the Resident Evil, Silent Hill and L4D series. I enjoy a few fighting games as well mainly Tekken, Soul Caliber (2 & 3) mentioned Smash already and that's probably about it.

I wanted to consider myself a hardcore gamer, but I just don't care for enough titles to do so lol.

@The games too short thing

Loz: A Link Between Worlds also has this issue...so short(...and easy) D:

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Jack - 02-02-2014

I was pretty disappointed with Link Between Worlds by the end. Initially, I thought it was fantastic, but the difficulty never picked up and I was never at a loss for where I was supposed to go. Critics were raving that it was like the best LoZ game yet, but that was bull shit. I did definitely enjoy the game, but not any more than any other LoZ game I've finished

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - sirocyl - 02-02-2014

(02-02-2014, 03:38 AM)Jack Wrote: I was pretty disappointed with Link Between Worlds by the end. Initially, I thought it was fantastic, but the difficulty never picked up and I was never at a loss for where I was supposed to go. Critics were raving that it was like the best LoZ game yet, but that was bull shit. I did definitely enjoy the game, but not any more than any other LoZ game I've finished

Critics rave because "omg it's another zelda".

Given, compared to the other handheld Zelda offerings, it's come a long way in being a "full" zelda game and not some side-job or yet another Toon Link sequel.

Take the base gameplay and premise of story, and put a different, new name on it.
Different world, characters, music, story elements, everything.
Would you, seeing video of gameplay, buy that game outright?
(I personally would, I like the type of puzzle/dungeoncrawling game it is)
More people would answer "no", as they bought it for the sole reason that it's another Zelda game.
I like that it is a Zelda game though, and I liked the game.
But it's not "omg revolutionary 10/10 A+++++++ would buy again".
Last Zelda game that had that effect on me, personally, was Wind Waker.
I haven't played Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword yet, though. And those two, from what I hear, are really good games too.
(also, I wasn't a die-hard fan of OoT. I preferred Majora's Mask over it.)

I have a horribly one-track mind (pre-emptive multitasking with one thread), and because I'm catching up on Doctor Who during my free time when I'm not FEPlaneting and when I don't have friends over, I've kinda abandoned my 3DS. I need to just blow through Lorule Castle.
Then beat the Elite Four.
Then defeat Jhen Mohran.
Then unlock/3-star everything on Mario Kart 7.
Then rank all the courses on Steel Diver.
Then play all the non-DLC courses on Theatrhythm.
Then spend some bells on my town.
Then beat Pokemon Rumble Blast.
Then go to my Wii and beat those games.
Then the PS1 games. Then the PSP games. Then my PC.

._.

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Speedy - IX - 02-02-2014

Godspeed Siro, godspeed~

Anyone else buying Bravely Default on Friday?

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Pura - 02-02-2014

Probably going to buy dat or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in this week (Monday already here)... or week after, depends on how lazy I am/ if I don't remember to buy it this week.

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Falaflame - 02-03-2014

(02-02-2014, 10:48 PM)Pura Wrote: Probably going to buy dat or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in this week (Monday already here)... or week after, depends on how lazy I am/ if I don't remember to buy it this week.

Might I suggest buying MH3U for Wii-U rather than the 3DS? The 3DS one I heard was the one that got the biggest shaft.

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Pura - 02-03-2014

I haven't bought WiiU pretty much because I'm not using my Wii at all or even set up the bloody thing (Even tho I've had over a year to do so but I've been just too lazy x3)

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Mizu - 02-03-2014

I'd buy a WiiU if not for the price. I want one, I just can't afford it right now. I'm really looking forward to the new SSB, but I have a 3DS so if I end up not getting a WiiU by then it's not a big deal. lol

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Fredmir - 02-03-2014

I'm probably not going to be buying the WiiU, my brother said he'd probably buy it.. only reason to buy one would be if a Fire Emblem game is released on it. Pretty much the same reason I bought my 3DS, to get Awakening (and Pokemon afterward).

Those 2 are the only games I own on 3DS, I'll probably buy SSB, but that's about it, I'm not buying much games anymore.

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - sirocyl - 02-03-2014

(02-03-2014, 11:09 AM)Falaflame Wrote: Might I suggest buying MH3U for Wii-U rather than the 3DS? The 3DS one I heard was the one that got the biggest shaft.

The 3DS one was fine, aside from the local-only multiplayer; but you will want a Circle Pad Pro.
I know I can't play MH3DS without it.

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Spammalanche - 02-04-2014

I play PvP. A singleplayer game has to have an incredible mix of story and gameplay to keep me rooted. I want to have a friendly competition with the rest of the room (smash bros and mario kart), or crush my enemy under my boot and make them ragequit like the crybabies they are (WoW and SWtOR PvP, Halo 4 Online and Gears of War 3 online multiplayer, etc.).

Recently, it's been all WoW 2s arenas when not at work or in the gym.

RE: Gaming: Where Do You Stand? - Falaflame - 02-04-2014

(02-04-2014, 12:16 AM)Spammalanche Wrote: I play PvP. A singleplayer game has to have an incredible mix of story and gameplay to keep me rooted. I want to have a friendly competition with the rest of the room (smash bros and mario kart), or crush my enemy under my boot and make them ragequit like the crybabies they are (WoW and SWtOR PvP, Halo 4 Online and Gears of War 3 online multiplayer, etc.).

Recently, it's been all WoW 2s arenas when not at work or in the gym.

How much Mario Kart games do you play?