The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Question for the character beneath you - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Roleplays (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-9.html)
+---- Forum: Fire Emblem: Insurrection (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-28.html)
+----- Forum: Insurrection: Discussion (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-30.html)
+----- Thread: Question for the character beneath you (/thread-353.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Ghost of Elibe Lost - 07-07-2014

"I-I just want to be b-back home and living a peaceful life." *a minute or so later* "FUCK that. Just give me anywhere with a bunch of shitty Lycians to stick my axe in and we're all smelling like roses."

what the hell, same

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Val Ritz - 07-07-2014

Yves: "I'd honestly prefer to be back at Castle Santaruz. It'd be better than being carted all over the continent on account of some damn war."

Cherise: "Ideally? Just stick me on a beach in Caledonia. Me and a couple of guys from the Spears went there on a job once, it's wonderful. Warm sand, cold drinks, and pleasant company. Very pleasant company."

If you had to fight with any kind of weapon besides the one(s) you already use, what would it be?

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Swift_Assassin - 07-08-2014

Shad: "Well...technically speaking, I don't fight with magic, I just happen to be trained in it. But since that's the easy answer, uh....lance. My father was trained to use a lance in the military, so he could lead a cavalry unit. I wouldn't mind that. I'd fashion myself as the new Knight General of Etruria!"

Wolfram: "Something that won't get my arrested and/or killed. A bow, I guess. I'm a tad squishy, if you know what I mean. I'm not fit for close range combat."

Same

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Rock - 07-08-2014

Avalon: "I suppose a lance would suffice. Axes are a little to awkward for me to use."

Kethen: "Giant claws or some kinda punchin' weapon. I wanna be able to peel a knight outta their armor like pulling meat from a clam."

Same because it amuses me.

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Flying Magic User - 07-08-2014

Fess: "Figures you brutes would stay fascinated with such a terrible question. I do not fight with any "weapons". In fact, I really do not fight at all since I am civil enough to resolve my problems in more elegant... normal ways, such as through dialog! I have a better question; If you were in charge of Lycia, what direction would you take it in?"

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Breadophile - 07-08-2014

(07-08-2014, 06:54 PM)Flying Magic User Wrote: Fess: "Figures you brutes would stay fascinated with such a terrible question. I do not fight with any "weapons". In fact, I really do not fight at all since I am civil enough to resolve my problems in more elegant... normal ways, such as through dialog! I have a better question; If you were in charge of Lycia, what direction would you take it in?"

Ray: I would set it on fire.

"What makes you so high and mighty, you stuck-up, know-it-all, pegasus-riding prick? You sound like sis. The lack of air from having your head in the clouds and up your ass all the time has obviously damaged your brain into thinking that all problems can be solved through nonviolence. If that worked for everything I assure you that's all I would use. But it doesn't, and a lot of times the threat of death and destruction that all-consuming fire is ever oh-so-anxious to bring seems to convince people more than diplomacy ever does. Now, for your question:

I would abolish the idea of kings owning parts of the country. Every day people have everything taken from them in death, all from the stupidity of kings declaring war on each other. And for what? Wealth? Land? In any case, you can't be born into a position. Kalin could be the head of a family of magic users one day, but she can't use magic. Unfitting.

Now, onto the good stuff. I'd first unite the entire thing along with Etruria into one giant country. By the time I control the Eturian-Lycian territory, I'll also control Ilia, so that'll come into it too. Parading around as a woman, I can use my natural good looks and the element of surprise (barely anyone outside of Ilia expects a woman to know how to do anything) to convince people to do what I want. It all goes back to most men thinking with the lower half of their body. In any case, that along with my knowledge of politics will allow me to annex the Western Isles easily. Sacae is too stubborn, of course. I admire that, but it has to go to pave the way to unification. The Ilian air force doesn't stand a chance against the Sacaen nomads' incredible accuracy with bows, however. If they did, Ilia would've owned that country a long time ago. But with the power of the Etrurian and Lycian cavalry, I can easily declare war on them and take over. Then I'll force Bern to surrender with the threat of overwhelming destruction. I hear the king there is quite a reasonable person. There's also the Missur Peninsula, but I'm sure any of the two people that live there will listen to reason.

With the continent united into a single unified country, it's only a simple matter of instating a ruling body. Enough of this king bullshit. It has got to go. Instead we'll have a council elected by the people. It will, of course, revolve around the crude yet effective principle of forcing the council members to undergo the same living conditions of the people in the section of the continent they represent. Of course there are kinks to work out, but I would be here all day if I got into those."

Kalin: "Why can't we all just get along?...

Ooh, ooh, I've got one! If there was an afterlife, what would it be?'

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Amoltamiss - 07-08-2014

Panika: "I don't know. Maybe it's a paradise where one can do pretty much whatever he or she wants. Maybe it's like hell. Maybe it's just an expanse of nothingness. I sure as hell couldn't tell you, since I'm not dead, and if I were dead, I wouldn't be alive to tell ya! Ha ha! But I mean, if it were a paradise, wouldn't the afterlife be kind of boring??"

Cinia: "I've read some accounts on that kind of thing in the past. From my readings on the subject, it would seem clear to me that the afterlife doesn't quite exist as most people believe it to be. But if there were actually one? Hmm... I guess it's fair to say that the afterlife is some sort of otherworldly realm where the souls of the dead come to rest? That seems like a fair assumption to make."

Panika: "I've got a question! You know, I get a lot of flak from my fellow mages because I can actually lift a sword! What's up with that?"

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Swift_Assassin - 07-08-2014

Shad: "...I can do both..."

Wolfram: "Shut up boy. You just so happened to be the first man in your family for three centuries who wasn't a civilized barbarian. As much as your father is practically and technically my brother, he was only just smarter and calmer than the average Hyperion. As for you Panika, you just happen to be stronger than the average mage. Probably something in your upbringing, your diet, or maybe didn't spend all the time face first in a book. Can't say, I never met you before. If you wondering why mages don't seem to like that about you, it's probably because you can fight without making yourself a target to the church."

Which Lycian Marquess do you think is most likely to fight against Lycia.

Urai: Laus. They do it every single time, it's a wonder they still survive.

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Breadophile - 07-08-2014

Ray: The Pheraen king is most likely, but I figure he isn't dumb enough to do it before amassing a huge, nay, colossal force.

Kalin: What's a marquess? Is it some kind of dessert? Same question. I wanna know what a marquess is!

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Andy - 07-18-2014

Ambrose: "...It intrigues me how you do not know, and yet are a mercenary. Lycia is composed of several Marquessates, ruled over by a Marquess, or, failing that, a Marchioness. Ostia was until fairly recently a Marquessate like the others, but for the past one hundred years, the leaders of Ostia have ruled the others as the Lycian Kings and Queens. Now, they follow in Zephiel the Mad's footsteps.

"As a mercenary with no inside knowledge of Lycia's politics, but knowledge of her people, I'd say Pherae's Marquess is the likeliest. I doubt, however, that it will happen unless Bern is with them. Support beyond that I couldn't say.

"My question is this: In the event the situation could be settled, what would you do with yourself if the peace were guaranteed to last beyond your lifetime?"

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Breadophile - 07-18-2014

Kalin:
"Marquesseiisisatess.... so confusing. So they're basically a bunch of kings that are ruled by another king?

I lived in a tiny mountain village all my life, so I dunno. This is my first time outside of Ilia. A bit of this was covered at basic training but I didn't understand most of it. It was just a long list of things to memorize and I forgot most of them as soon as I left. But I could talk on and on about Ilian history and culture as well as our lifestyle. Want some tips for catching and eating bears?"

(to your question):

Ray:
"It's boring not to be able to set people on fire uh... well...

It's boring but necessary. Let's go with that."

Kalin:
"Well, I'd be out of a job fighting for money, but with a flying animal getting me around there's more than enough stuff I could do. I don't like people dying more than I like having a job, so I wouldn't mind too much, I think.

It would be less exciting, for sure, but the outside world is so cool even without fighting. I've only seen a couple of villages so far and it's amazing people can go outside which so little clothes and not freeze to death. The fruit they grow here is so good too."

Kalin hungrily scarfed down a banana.

"Mmrph... delicious! Good spots for growing stuff like that are scarce in Ilia, so I had never understood how people could go without meat until now. The knights I saw were... good-looking too. They would give Sir Noah a run for his money. Are they all like that?

They don't have flaming tea outside of Ilia, though. It's a little saddening.

Ooh, I have another question. Seeing bandits attempt to ransack a town makes me so MAD. In Ilia the air force is so concentrated that bandits wouldn't stand a chance at ransacking a village unless they were rogue pegasus knights. This country is filled with strong knights, and they can use swords too! That's more than most Ilians can say. What the hell are they doing that they can't get rid of a few bandits?"

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Swift_Assassin - 07-23-2014

Shad: "Bandits and brigands are numerous. Whenever a location is vulnerable to attack, there they will be. As long as life is harsh for the common people, the desperate and destitute will keep turning to such a lifestyle. You can wipe out a few bandits, but more keep on coming."

Wolfram: "Few? If you got together all the bandits in the world, they could probably form their country or take a weaker country for themselves. They are a product of circumstances that plague many people. The only way to truly rid them of that was to ensure those circumstances don't happen, and that's not even a guarantee."

Question: If a war broke out between Bern and Lycia for Etruria's independence, what side would you join?

RE: Question for the character beneath you - thenoun - 07-23-2014

Morgan: "Bern, definitely. Not that Bern would ever act until Lycia was already on their doorstep..."

"I'd like to hear another's say on the matter, though, so I won't change the question."

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Lavi - 07-23-2014

Cecily: "I could care less on what happens to Lycia. The nation has become a perversion of the land it once was. Also, the reversion from aristocracy to empire is an unnatural evolution of government (read Discourses on Livy for further study): it can only have occurred due to some kind of power play on behalf of the Marquess Ostia. The fast spreading influence of the Church of Sanctity could only be related to the Marquess Ostia's plans. Logically, anyways."

"If nothing is done to contain the Emperor, then Lycia has won."

Neil: "I'm not sure if I would side with either of them. I'm not a soldier, after all. I'd like to see Bern turn out victorious though. The alternative is far less agreeable."

[same question]

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Andy - 07-23-2014

Ambrose: "I wouldn't mind seeing my homeland be the heroes, for once. I'd side with Bern, of course."

[same question]

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Rock - 07-23-2014

Avalon: Well Bern is my home so if it is a just struggle I would support my country.

Kethen: Both. The suckers are always looking for someone to swing an axe.

Q: What's more important to you, your honor or your life?

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Breadophile - 07-23-2014

Kalin: I don't know. Probably the side that pays more.

Ray: Wrong question, idiot.

Kalin: Shut up! Uh... my life. I'd rather be infamous than dead. Besides, being a wanted criminal sounds exciting!

Ray: ...typical. Anyway, it would be a ridiculous notion to say "my honor." Obviously my life is more valuable.

Kalin: What are, or what were your parents like? My mom is a crazy scientist who always tries to get Ray and me to help with "research." Daddy is a huge, towering lumberjack. No other Ilian can match his strength.

Ray: And up until she got a pegasus about a year ago, heck, even still now, Kalin liked to ride around on his shoulders sticking her arms out and pretending she was a bird. Sometimes I wonder who really is the younger sibling.

Kalin: Yeah yeah yeah. At least I don't burn my dad's sheds down. Yes, that's plural. What the heck kind of experiments do you guys do in there?

Ray: Things too complex for you to comprehend. Basically everything.

Kalin: Asshole.

Ray: Air headed feather brain

Kalin: Cross dressing perverted arsonist.

Ray: W-What? That was all you, you perverted bro con. One day I'm going to...

Kalin: Going to what? C'mon, bring it. I'll take all four feet of you.

A deep commanding voice: SILENCE!

Kalin: Ye-yes daddy.

Ray: ...Yes father.

Mother: You can't be fighting and killing each other! We need you alive to produce tons of babies. Then you'll be able to take over Ilia with your numbers and talent. The plan is brilliant brilliant brilliant! Now hurry up and get to it.

Both:...

Kalin: ...I don't wanna marry someone and have kids yet.

Ray: What she said... a permanent lover is a long ways away.

Kalin: So anyway, back on topic: what are your parents like? I wanna know if anyone has a stranger family than me.

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Swift_Assassin - 07-23-2014

Shad:"My father was a great man of impeccable skill with a rapier. He was a master fencer like his father before him. He wanted to protect everyone and everything, his family most of all. Unfortunately, when the massacre happened, the rest of the family was between him and the attackers, and they all fell to enemy swords before my father surrendered. As for my mother..."

Wolfram: "Yes, nephew, what about my sister?"

Shad: "U-uh...I-I...n-nothing. I'm s-sorry for bringing her up."

Wolfram: "Hmm..."

Shad: "She was the most normal one of us. Half my family wanted to run headlong into a fight, any fight, and the other half wants to do that, but more recklessly than the other half."

Wolfram: "I'm still not sure which half your on. Anyway, my father and mother were historians, like myself, in service to the Hyperion family. My father specialized on the Scouring, while my mother focused on Etrurian history in general. Both of them were mages, my father preferred wind, while my mother fashioned herself an expert of lightning spells."

same

RE: Question for the character beneath you - Rock - 07-23-2014

Avalon: My father was a great armored knight as was his father before him. My mother came from a simpler life of preparing for marriage with her other sisters.

Kethen: My father was a drunken bastard and my mom was a fool that's all there is to it.

Q: Same

RE: Question for the character beneath you - thenoun - 07-23-2014

Morgan: "I'd call my father a misunderstood genius if I was being generous. Certainly he was a master of his arcane craft, but it wouldn't have killed the man to care about something else.

My stepmother was excellent, though. She taught me basically every useful skill I know, and I don't know where I'd be without her. Never understood what she saw in my father, though. Guess there's no accounting for taste."

Same question