The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
The Last Promise - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Games (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: The Last Promise (/thread-271.html)

The Last Promise - Falaflame - 06-04-2014

I feel like this FE hack gets a lot of mixed reviews from a lot of people, and especially gets critical remarks on SF. But I feel like the quality this game brings up until the final few chapters often gets overlooked. Playing through it plenty of times, I found myself having a lot of fun blitzing through the gameplay, and i found the story quite appealing. A lot of characters even have life in them, and that's more than what I can say for, say, Radiant Dawn and Sacred Stones.

I mean, sure, it's probably not the best FE game ever, but it's better than what it's been given credit for.

And at least it's better than what it used to be, a la Tactics Universe. >.>

What's your opinion on the game?

RE: The Last Promise - Breadophile - 06-04-2014

I liked it enough to make a tier list for it.

RE: The Last Promise - Amoltamiss - 06-05-2014

I haven't actually finished The Last Promise but I thought it was a fairly well-crafted ROM-hack for the time I was playing it. It is definitely one of those gems in the sea of half-hearted crap I've personally seen (FEDDOP comes to mind, though that one was so bad it was charming)

RE: The Last Promise - Falaflame - 06-05-2014

(06-05-2014, 01:30 AM)Amoltamiss Wrote: I haven't actually finished The Last Promise but I thought it was a fairly well-crafted ROM-hack for the time I was playing it. It is definitely one of those gems in the sea of half-hearted crap I've personally seen (FEDDOP comes to mind, though that one was so bad it was charming)

You want to see half-hearted crap?

Any FE hack that featured Gheb in it.

Ever.

RE: The Last Promise - Speedy - IX - 06-08-2014

Y'know I probably would've actually finished this game if it let me get chpt 7x (might have been 8x i don't remember the exact number) where I had to visit each of the houses within a certain amount of turns and beat the chpt.

RE: The Last Promise - Breadophile - 06-10-2014

(06-08-2014, 11:30 PM)Vaike - IX Wrote: Y'know I probably would've actually finished this game if it let me get chpt 7x (might have been 8x i don't remember the exact number) where I had to visit each of the houses within a certain amount of turns and beat the chpt.

Oh lighten up. 7 isn't even important. You won't miss it.

RE: The Last Promise - Breadophile - 06-12-2014

Here's the tier list I made and just updated as of 5 minutes ago. Anybody wanna dispute this? =P

Top:
- Alice
- Anakin
- Kelik
- Tamiko
- Eduardo
- Inanna [Pre-promoted]

High:
- Shuuda
- Howard
- Emma
- Noah
- Lyam
- Cia
- Gary

Upper:
- Shon
- Asch
- Levion
- Karina
- Althares
- Inanna [Unpromoted]

Upper-Mid:
- Ben
- Shadow
- Ace
- Rex
- Itsuke

Mid:
- Leopold
- Siegfried
- Mark
- Lirin
- Risk
- Tekun
- Logan

Lower-Mid:
- Corben
- Rana
- Frederick
- Liquid
- Zack

Low:
- Yue
- Haas
- Kevin
- Arthur

Bottom:
- Storm
- Sai
- Rachel

Taken from here.
http://oldforums.feplanet.net/index.php?showtopic=51916

RE: The Last Promise - sirocyl - 06-15-2014

Lol, and to think, double-posting was once severely enforced.
I've always wondered how extensive FE romhacking has become.
Like, I know in the SMW world, you have a level editor, music hacking, graphics modifications, and, if you know asm, physics, actors and sprite mods.
Zelda (1 and 3), you have pretty much the same, but with more asm and text hacking.

RE: The Last Promise - Breadophile - 06-15-2014

(06-15-2014, 09:48 AM)sirocyl Wrote: Lol, and to think, double-posting was once severely enforced.
I've always wondered how extensive FE romhacking has become.
Like, I know in the SMW world, you have a level editor, music hacking, graphics modifications, and, if you know asm, physics, actors and sprite mods.
Zelda (1 and 3), you have pretty much the same, but with more asm and text hacking.

FE Binary is probably the most extensive FE hack, changing most of the user interface and adding in features that Nightmare could only dream about.

RE: The Last Promise - Falaflame - 06-15-2014

Fire Emblem has gotten pretty far as far as ROM-Hacking goes, but IIRC there's still loads of limitations. But it's still way better than, say, 2006, when all we ever had was Nightmare Module Editors.

And from what I've known and experienced, ROM-Hacking FE is VERY un-noobfriendly, unlike Zelda 1-3 and SMW.

@Kaishin: I'll make a few assessments.

Leopold: I'd drop him waaaaay further down, unless there's another way of getting Sylmeria that I do not know of. He lacks strength (a stat that's ABSOLUTELY NEEDED in this game), and his other stats are average at best, so he's not worth missing out on funds, and the best lance in the game.

Corben: I know his stats are unimpressive, but I'd say he's much more usable than Yue (much too late join time), Tekun and Logan (Durability is MUCH too low), and Zack (bow-locked unit of SUCK), mainly because he has Siegfried's chapters to work with, and he has a decent chance at the 2nd Knight's Crest because he either comes back with a level lead or a similar level to Ace. Failing that, he can get the 3rd Knight's Crest, and he'll still be promoted before Haas and Liquid, and WELL before Rana joins. Plus his pseudo WT control (pure WT control once promoted) will help him a lot, as will his supports with Shon as both will be in the front lines. I'd put him in bottom of Mid and drop Tekun to Lower-Mid.

RE: The Last Promise - Breadophile - 06-16-2014

(06-15-2014, 01:54 PM)Falaflame Wrote: Fire Emblem has gotten pretty far as far as ROM-Hacking goes, but IIRC there's still loads of limitations. But it's still way better than, say, 2006, when all we ever had was Nightmare Module Editors.

And from what I've known and experienced, ROM-Hacking FE is VERY un-noobfriendly, unlike Zelda 1-3 and SMW.

@Kaishin: I'll make a few assessments.

Leopold: I'd drop him waaaaay further down, unless there's another way of getting Sylmeria that I do not know of. He lacks strength (a stat that's ABSOLUTELY NEEDED in this game), and his other stats are average at best, so he's not worth missing out on funds, and the best lance in the game.

Corben: I know his stats are unimpressive, but I'd say he's much more usable than Yue (much too late join time), Tekun and Logan (Durability is MUCH too low), and Zack (bow-locked unit of SUCK), mainly because he has Siegfried's chapters to work with, and he has a decent chance at the 2nd Knight's Crest because he either comes back with a level lead or a similar level to Ace. Failing that, he can get the 3rd Knight's Crest, and he'll still be promoted before Haas and Liquid, and WELL before Rana joins. Plus his pseudo WT control (pure WT control once promoted) will help him a lot, as will his supports with Shon as both will be in the front lines. I'd put him in bottom of Mid and drop Tekun to Lower-Mid.

I dropped Leopold a tier but there's no way he's more useless than any of the other dudes below him.

There's a huge gap between Tekun and Logan because Tekun can actually kill things, so he stays in Mid. But I did put Corben in front of him because at least Corben can toss javvies.