The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
The buttons! They do nothing! - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Site Matters (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Meta (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Suggestions and Issues (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-5.html)
+---- Thread: The buttons! They do nothing! (/thread-26.html)

The buttons! They do nothing! - Breadophile - 01-26-2014

Alright, this has been an issue plaguing the great Breadophile Kaishin for a long-ass time.

What the !@#$ do these buttons do?

[Image: xAyq32Y.png]

They don't quote shit now, they didn't in the past. If you hit reply it auto-quotes the post for you regardless of whether or not you've pressed the damn buttons.

Why!? Why do you people continue to try to mess with Kaishin's natural weakness to confusion!? DO YOU ENJOY SEEING KAISHIN HIT HIMSELF!?

You do don't you? Well **** all of you! =(

RE: The buttons! They do nothing! - Swift_Assassin - 01-26-2014

I think it's designed if you want to quote multiple posts. I just checked it myself and when I pressed quote first, then new reply, the quote comes up automatically when the page loads.

(01-26-2014, 05:40 AM)Breadophile Wrote: Alright, this has been an issue plaguing the great Breadophile Kaishin for a long-ass time.

What the !@#$ do these buttons do?

[Image: xAyq32Y.png]

They don't quote shit now, they didn't in the past. If you hit reply it auto-quotes the post for you regardless of whether or not you've pressed the damn buttons.

Why!? Why do you people continue to try to mess with Kaishin's natural weakness to confusion!? DO YOU ENJOY SEEING KAISHIN HIT HIMSELF!?

You do don't you? Well **** all of you! =(

(01-26-2014, 05:57 AM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: I think it's designed if you want to quote multiple posts. I just checked it myself and when I pressed quote first, then new reply, the quote comes up automatically when the page loads.

For example, I pressed quote on your post and mine and both came up for me. Also, please forgive the double-post.

EDIT:Wait a minute...This board merges double posts? Wow...I didn't know that before.

RE: The buttons! They do nothing! - sirocyl - 01-26-2014

I'll change the language on the "Quote" button to "Multi-Quote", since it serves a better idea of its function.

And yes, double-posts are auto-merged. Little feature to keep bumpophiles off. It can be enabled/disabled per-board, in case there's a reason you need to double-bump.

Also, thanks to your post, I'm bringing over some new code tags.

Spoiler hides text a-la 4chan Reddit et. al.
Imgspoiler hides an image until you hover over it. Works just like the img tag.
Expand hides a section that you can expand, like the "classic" Spoiler tags.

RE: The buttons! They do nothing! - Falaflame - 01-26-2014

The multi-quote works if you click "New Reply" as it does not work with the quick reply.

Also, double posts are auto-merged? That sounds good, because that's one less forum rule we have to worry about.

RE: The buttons! They do nothing! - Mizu - 01-27-2014

^This. I didn't even know about the reply button. XD When I quote something I always click the Quote+ button then click the New Reply button. Or at least on the old forums I did. lol Also, it was like that for a really long time, wasn't it? .-.

RE: The buttons! They do nothing! - Jack - 01-27-2014

(01-26-2014, 07:25 PM)Falaflame Wrote: Also, double posts are auto-merged? That sounds good, because that's one less forum rule we have to worry about.
There definitely needs to be some exceptions though, mainly I would guess in the art or rp boards.

RE: The buttons! They do nothing! - Falaflame - 01-27-2014

(01-27-2014, 06:47 PM)Jack Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 07:25 PM)Falaflame Wrote: Also, double posts are auto-merged? That sounds good, because that's one less forum rule we have to worry about.
There definitely needs to be some exceptions though, mainly I would guess in the art or rp boards.

And written works, such as fanfictions, stories, poems, and the like.

I'm kinda open to keeping doubleposts open for those specific boards for more content space.

RE: The buttons! They do nothing! - sirocyl - 01-28-2014

For the creative forums (written works, art etc.) I've considered setting up a threaded reply system.
You make one thread for your work, one post per thing, and people can comment on your posts by replying.

So rather than:it'll show as:
[post 1]
[reply #1 to 1]
[reply #2 to 1]
[post 2]
[reply #3 to 1]
[reply #1 to 2]
[post 3]
[reply to reply #2 to post 1]
[reply #2 to 2]
[reply #1 to 3]
[reply to reply to reply #2 to 1]
[reply #4 to 1]
  1. Post
    1. Reply
    2. Reply
    3. Reply
    4. Reply
  2. Post
    1. Reply
    2. Reply
  3. Post
    1. Reply

Much easier to see who's responding to what, and pretty much makes a post a small commenting thread for each work submitted.