The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Let's make an RP! - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Roleplays (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-9.html)
+---- Forum: Fire Emblem: Insurrection (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-28.html)
+----- Forum: Insurrection: Discussion (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-30.html)
+----- Thread: Let's make an RP! (/thread-254.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Let's make an RP! - Toogee - 06-10-2014

Hey guys. I'm not always on Skype. If there is a big problem in the RP, post about it in the discusion thread or PM me. I always check there first. I had a lot of complaints about moving the plot, so I moved everything along.

It was not my intent to take control of anyone. I apologize if that's what it seemed like. I'm scratching out part of my post; assume it's not there. On second thought, I just saved the portion in debate to a word file; if we need any of it, I can easily post it again. Are we good?

RE: Let's make an RP! - WyvernSlayer - 06-10-2014

Loud and clear, cap'n.

Some of us in the RP aren't even on Skype at all (to my knowledge), so it would make sense to post concerns here first.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Breadophile - 06-10-2014

Let me start us off then. If you're going to join the RP I/we expect you to post frequently. Certainly more than once every three days. Two members of the RP are way behind in terms of time. Fixit.

(06-10-2014, 10:05 AM)Breadophile Wrote: Let me start us off then. If you're going to join the RP I/we expect you to post frequently. Certainly more than once every three days. Two members of the RP are way behind in terms of time. Fixit.

We've reached the point now where anyone who doesn't post in a timely manner just gets left in the schoolhouse and presumably to wander off somewhere, so we can just move on.

EDIT: Just saw the part of the post you removed, Toogee. I say just toss it back in there. Use it as a cutoff point. Anyone who's not involved at this stage of the game gets abandoned.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Cevian - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 02:03 PM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: EDIT: Just saw the part of the post you removed, Toogee. I say just toss it back in there. Use it as a cutoff point. Anyone who's not involved at this stage of the game gets abandoned.

He removed that part of the post on my complaint about forcing my character to act out of character for it to work.

I was waiting for you to post before I did. You posted and he had posted less than 2 hours after that with no one telling me that I needed to post. I'd rather you not leave me behind when I was waiting on someone. That seems like punishing me for something that's not my fault.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Breadophile - 06-10-2014

Then we'll let this be a learning experience. In the future, please coordinate with whomever you need to post their stuff. And since you know the situation now, why don't you catch up?

Edit: That sounded really condescending. It's not supposed to be. If I decide to flaunt my superiority I'll never be passive aggressive about it.

(06-10-2014, 02:42 PM)Breadophile Wrote: Then we'll let this be a learning experience. In the future, please coordinate with whomever you need to post their stuff. And since you know the situation now, why don't you catch up?

Alright, alright, calm down. Let's all take a breath here, and work from a fresh start.

Toogee, how do you want to handle this? I'd suggest rolling things forward to the point where everyone is taking shelter in the schoolhouse, as you had done earlier. But it's your RP, so you should make the call here.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Lavi - 06-10-2014

Sorry I haven't been posting - I had some real life obligations that got in the way of getting a post up in a timely manner. The post itself is partially done though, so I'll finish it up tonight.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Swift_Assassin - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 10:05 AM)Breadophile Wrote: Let me start us off then. If you're going to join the RP I/we expect you to post frequently. Certainly more than once every three days. Two members of the RP are way behind in terms of time. Fixit.

I will just say that not all rps can go by this quickly. In another FEP rp, Radiance Lost, my character Tyber Fen was cursed with being stuck in rps that took half a year to complete. At least they had a two combat rp/one social rp thing at the time. If I was playing him in this rp, he'd have suffered whiplash at this point because of how fast this has been going.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Toogee - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 02:50 PM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: Toogee, how do you want to handle this? I'd suggest rolling things forward to the point where everyone is taking shelter in the schoolhouse, as you had done earlier. But it's your RP, so you should make the call here.

I have made a new post that basically does just that. We'll use this time to socialize and catch up.

On speed: I don't mind taking things easy if need be. Real life does come first. That said, I will do my best to keep pace with everyone here.

On the upcoming battle: How many people should we be dealing with? I think they'll still target the library. When the battle starts, I kinda want control of Glass. I have a little something planned.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Swift_Assassin - 06-11-2014

No. I'll control Glass and he will sacrifice himself to summon Grima to Elibe.

. . .Considering how fast these guys went down and that we thought to hide everyone...between a dozen or two. Enough so that everyone can deal with at least a couple each, but not too much that we may need reinforcements from the Lycian military.

RE: Let's make an RP! - WyvernSlayer - 06-11-2014

I think having six of us tackle two dozen bandits is a bit much. Maybe we could work it in that a few of the citizens we're protecting help us out?

RE: Let's make an RP! - Toogee - 06-11-2014

(06-11-2014, 07:01 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: I think having six of us tackle two dozen bandits is a bit much. Maybe we could work it in that a few of the citizens we're protecting help us out?

It might work if we had a choke point that fit a few bandits at a time. Set Satsume and Orica up front and let them do all the work. Maybe have the others sneak around the other side for a surprise attack.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Breadophile - 06-12-2014

Alright. I've been a little a lot irresponsible with keeping track of shit. We all have but I'm the worst offender. Time to put the big boy pants on and fix this shit. We're all together, so do we want to group chat somehow? All of us but Lavi are on skype.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Swift_Assassin - 06-12-2014

*Looks Around*

Uh...I don't use Skype either.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Toogee - 06-12-2014

We'll keep important discussion here for now then.

[Image: Firstsketch_zps6bf4d399.png]

Behold, Paige's plan. X's represent the brigand force, while O's represent the good guys. Two people stay at the entrance of the village. The rest sneak through a broken section of the wall and initiate a surprise attack from behind the enemy forces. Paige would suggest that Kalin find a knight outpost to get the Pheraen cavalry to help, but I'm not sure she would be willing.

Objective: Survive for __ turns Tongue
# of brigands: 12? I would like to see a struggle. If it becomes too much, we can have Pheraen knights show up to mop up the rest of the bandits.

Comments and concerns?

RE: Let's make an RP! - Swift_Assassin - 06-12-2014

If it comes to that, I'd like to have Marcus, the npc in my intro post, accompanying the Pheraen Knights. Other than that, I'm okay with it.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Breadophile - 06-12-2014

(06-12-2014, 09:57 PM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: If it comes to that, I'd like to have Marcus, the npc in my intro post, accompanying the Pheraen Knights. Other than that, I'm okay with it.

I'm with Swift. Marcus is the very reason Hard Mode FE6 is even possible. He would wipe the floor with Glass.

That being said, is a knight outpost really close enough to go get help at? You may want to throw the idea around anyway.

So we have a brigand force of 12 units.

One is Glass.

At least 3 are archers (Wedge and the men he referred to in his speech)

The other 8 are swordsmen and axemen (or more archers), based on what was described at the beginning. I'd say half and half.

I have a better idea. Instead of sneaking around, why don't you guys try to hide in houses. Kalin can make them all chase after her and you guys can all hit 'em when they run past you.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Toogee - 06-13-2014

(06-12-2014, 11:12 PM)Breadophile Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 09:57 PM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: If it comes to that, I'd like to have Marcus, the npc in my intro post, accompanying the Pheraen Knights. Other than that, I'm okay with it.

I'm with Swift. Marcus is the very reason Hard Mode FE6 is even possible. He would wipe the floor with Glass.

I'm OK with this.

Quote:That being said, is a knight outpost really close enough to go get help at? You may want to throw the idea around anyway.

It can be close. Of course, the knights might already be patrolling elsewhere, so it will take time for them to return to the outpost, get the message, and come to the rescue.

Quote:So we have a brigand force of 12 units.

One is Glass.

At least 3 are archers (Wedge and the men he referred to in his speech)

The other 8 are swordsmen and axemen (or more archers), based on what was described at the beginning. I'd say half and half.

Works for me.

Quote:I have a better idea. Instead of sneaking around, why don't you guys try to hide in houses. Kalin can make them all chase after her and you guys can all hit 'em when they run past you.

Glass wants the library burned down. Most of his men have never set foot in a library. If they enter the village, they will start burning everything down. Glass will assign the archers to Kalin while everyone else proceeds to attack the village.

We can still do that plan; I'm just adding Glass's commands should they enter.

RE: Let's make an RP! - Lavi - 06-14-2014

I'm sure the villagers would appreciate it if the bandits destroyed as little of the town as possible.

If this were a FE chapter scenario, I'd have the mounted units sneak outside to harrass the flank to force the bandits to split their force in half. They lack the mobility to chase horse/pegasus combatants so they would be forced to dedicate their archers and some footsoldiers to keep their flank secured (if Glass has any sense of tactics). If not, they'll suffer tremendously.

The rest would be concentrated at defending the front gate to bottleneck the main bandit force. Hiding inside houses enables the bandits to surround us, since there is much more area that our inferior numbers have to monitor than just holding the gate.