The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Weird Computer Problem - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Weird Computer Problem (/thread-223.html)

Weird Computer Problem - Mizu - 05-25-2014

Sometimes when my computer is plugged in and charging pushing the right arrow key makes it completely freeze. I've tried pushing Ctrl+Alt+Delete, but nothing happens and even if I leave it for a while it won't unfreeze.

Note: No other key causes it to freeze, it's only when I push the right arrow key.

Anyone know why the heck this happens?

RE: Weird Computer Problem - sirocyl - 05-25-2014

That is completely strange.
I'm guessing, that there's something underneath the right arrow key, which is short-circuiting.
Does it vary based on how hard you press the button? OR does it always happen when you press that key, no matter how light?

And what's the make and model, and model number of the computer? (I assume it's a laptop?)

RE: Weird Computer Problem - Breadophile - 05-26-2014

Good ol' hardware failure. It's the last thing you ever expect to happen. :X

RE: Weird Computer Problem - Mizu - 05-26-2014

It's a Dell Inspiron N5030. It does it every time I push the right arrow key, pressure variance makes no difference.

Again, it ONLY happens when it's plugged in and charging. I haven't had a problem with it when it's not plugged in. Could the charger be a part of the problem? I have no idea why it's only that key, though. @.@

RE: Weird Computer Problem - Breadophile - 05-27-2014

The only thing I can think of is that the signal generated by the right key is messing with the volts (or amps or watts, depending on your train of thought) being sent to the comp.

But really, I got nothing despite my computer engineering expertise. That's strange. It's most certainly hardware failure, as otherwise you'd be able to find it on google and I doubt you have some sort of setting on your computer (that's exclusive to you) that's causing this to happen.

In any case, there's no reason NOT to try another power cable, since I doubt your computer is gonna spontaneously combust or some shit.

RE: Weird Computer Problem - Mizu - 05-27-2014

My computer is a few years old, so I guess it's starting to die. That's so depressing! v.v

Anyway, thank you for your help, I really appreciate it! ^.^