The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Outclassed: characters you wish were better - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Fire Emblem (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Fire Emblem Games (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Outclassed: characters you wish were better (/thread-1047.html)

Outclassed: characters you wish were better - Lightascetic - 10-18-2016

I just started playing FE7 again for the first time in forever, and it got me thinking about the units that I normally 'go-to'. I try and shake it up, but most times I end up with the same characters.

Prime example: I thought this time around I'd try to use Wil, because I always use Rebecca. But, she's already out-performing him and they're both only level 6. I don't think I've ever used Wil for the entire game, and I wish I could. 

Wil has 7 STR, 7 SKL and 6 SPD. 
Rebecca has 8 STR, 8 SKL and 10 SPD. 

Granted, Wil has more stats for everything else, but I feel those are the most important stats for an Archer.

Does anyone else have characters they'd love to use, but they're always outperformed by someone of the same class?

RE: Outclassed: characters you wish were better - MMM - 10-18-2016

I'd say FE6 Wendy is perfect example who is not only completely outclassed by Bath but also impossible to train because the chapters after the ones where you get her are basically axe spam <.<

RE: Outclassed: characters you wish were better - thenoun - 10-18-2016

I've gotta give it to Sheema, both in Mystery and in New Mystery. A badass-looking female General in fabulous pink armor, and she's possibly the worst unit in the former game and only fails to be the worst in the latter by virtue of how many garbage units there are in New Mystery. It doesn't help that both games are not kind to Generals, or really anything that doesn't fly.

RE: Outclassed: characters you wish were better - WyvernSlayer - 10-20-2016

For FE7, I always wanted to use Wallace. But he's just terrible, and to even get him you have to play through the awful version of "Four-Fanged Offense."

Damn if that hasn't stopped me from trying, though.

RE: Outclassed: characters you wish were better - Lightascetic - 10-20-2016

(10-18-2016, 10:41 AM)MMM Wrote: I'd say FE6 Wendy is perfect example who is not only completely outclassed by Bath but also impossible to train because the chapters after the ones where you get her are basically axe spam <.<

I was thinking of playing FE6 again! I remember Wendy and loving her character: perhaps I shut out how hard it was to level her, haha. I'm also frightened of some of the terribly low growth rates: I know Elen has a 5% DEF growth which would pain me every time she leveled! 

noun: I agree, Generals are always a bit lackluster, which is a huge shame because they usually look awesome. Even though there are plenty of Paladin choices in FE8, I can never quite bring myself to make Amelia into a Knight/General! 

Wyvern: Yeah, I feel you. I'm playing a ROM of FE7, so I had to start afresh, meaning I couldn't stop Wallace from pre-promoting. He's a really fun character, and I personally find Oswin to be boring in comparison! 

Also, my level 9 Lyn has yet to get a point in Defense, so she has a hearty 2 DEF and RES. Terrifying =P

RE: Outclassed: characters you wish were better - Andy - 10-21-2016

Wallace. He's interesting, and not all that bad, if you can keep him from promoting in Lyn's tale. I wish Serenes Forest had Wallace averages for if he was not promoted in LHM. Oswin would probably -STILL- be better, but Wallace wouldn't be so useless.

Another character I wish was better was Karel. He's beast in FE6. Then in FE7, he's barely above generic. Renault, too. He's such a wonderful character, and it's a pain to get all his supports.

Also, Tauroneo in FE9. He got better in FE10, but he should've been better in FE9, too.

RE: Outclassed: characters you wish were better - Falaflame - 10-21-2016

[Image: syrene.gif]

Trivia question. Who are these two lovely ladies down here below?

[Image: latest?cb=20110420221011] [Image: Portrait_tana_fe08.png]

If you guessed Vanessa and Tana, you are absolutely correct, and you deserve a chocolate pudding! So, why on god's green earth should I ever use Syrene if these two lovely ladies exist? Especially since both will most likely be, at the bare lowest, 5 levels above Syrene with only 3 chapters remaining, and have every single statistical advantage over her by the time you get her? Talk about wasted potential.

Syrene: **/1 27 HP, 12 Str, 13 Skill, 15 Speed, 12 Luck, 10 Def, 12 Res
Tana: 20/6 38 HP, 18 Str, 17 Skill, 25 Speed, 20 Luck, 12 Def, 14 Res
Vanessa: 20/6 34 HP, 15 Str, 20 Skill, 25 Speed, 16 Luck, 12 Def, 14 Res

It's not even a matter of Syrene being bad anymore, it's just a matter of just how sad her stats are for her level and for the point of the game you get her at.

RE: Outclassed: characters you wish were better - WyvernSlayer - 10-24-2016

(10-21-2016, 12:09 PM)Falaflame Wrote: Why on god's green earth should I ever use Syrene if these two lovely ladies exist? Especially since both will most likely be, at the bare lowest, 5 levels above Syrene with only 3 chapters remaining, and have every single statistical advantage over her by the time you get her? Talk about wasted potential.
Triangle attaaaaaaack.  Sad

RE: Outclassed: characters you wish were better - Lightascetic - 10-31-2016

(10-24-2016, 10:27 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 12:09 PM)Falaflame Wrote: Why on god's green earth should I ever use Syrene if these two lovely ladies exist? Especially since both will most likely be, at the bare lowest, 5 levels above Syrene with only 3 chapters remaining, and have every single statistical advantage over her by the time you get her? Talk about wasted potential.
Triangle attaaaaaaack.  Sad

I don't think I've ever used Triangle attack, ever! It just feels like such a waste taking up 3 spots on your team for 3 of the same unit, though I would like to try it someday. 

Andy: I agree with Wallance and Renault: both awesome characters! I think in my first playthrough of FE7, I leaned on Karel -HARD-. This is also when I used to promote characters at around level 11/12 because I had no idea what I was doing, haha. 

I'm at the stage in FE8 where I should probably choose a healer. Do people prefer Moulder or Natasha?

RE: Outclassed: characters you wish were better - Falaflame - 11-01-2016

Unpopular opinion time: Moulderstache isn't that impressive, honestly. He just feels like a melee class stuck as a healer. The only thing really going for him is his slightly higher bulk than your typical spellcaster/healer. And, well, his con. His offensive potential sucks either way.

That's not to say Natasha's offensive potential is that much better, but at least she has halfway decent avoid going for her and an existant magic stat. And a mount when promoted.