The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 46 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 83 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

FEPlanet Community
Hold up. Just hold right up. - Printable Version

+- FEPlanet Community (http://forums.feplanet.net)
+-- Forum: Et Cetera (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-12.html)
+--- Forum: Highly Opinionated & Off Topic (http://forums.feplanet.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Hold up. Just hold right up. (/thread-1002.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hold up. Just hold right up. - Cheffy - 04-28-2016

You mean to tell me..

We have boards that AREN'T the R.S.S.?

How does that work?

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Swift_Assassin - 04-28-2016

You make a post, related to the topic in some way, and that number next to that word Posts goes up by one. Honestly, our off topic stuff actually manages to keep somewhat on topic, so that whole discussion probably would have been fine in the other boards.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - MMM - 04-29-2016

I don't know how but CLEARLY it works since we have an actual memberbase even though you have to use a microscope to spot it

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - WyvernSlayer - 04-29-2016

In actuality, this IS the RSS, they just had to change the name of it because of Tumblr's hurt feelings.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Cheffy - 04-29-2016

Honestly, there was some name well before the Rolling Sea of Stupidity. I preferred that one. I always hated RSS itself.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - WyvernSlayer - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 09:39 AM)Cheffy Wrote: Honestly, there was some name well before the Rolling Sea of Stupidity. I preferred that one. I always hated RSS itself.

I thought it was something more pedestrian, like "The Craziness Subforum" or similar.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Cheffy - 04-29-2016

'Craziness' sure would explain why I chose to speak in word salads for the first while. And to think people thought I was a spambot.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Falaflame - 05-01-2016

(04-29-2016, 08:26 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: In actuality, this IS the RSS, they just had to change the name of it because of Tumblr's hurt feelings.

Hurt feelings? I thought it was moreso Tumblr's tears of salt.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Mizu - 05-01-2016

No, we don't. Those are just mirages.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Cheffy - 05-02-2016

(05-01-2016, 07:56 PM)Mizu Wrote: No, we don't. Those are just mirages.

A cunning illusion.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Mizu - 05-10-2016

I wish this place was more active. x.x;;;

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Swift_Assassin - 05-10-2016

I wish FETO was less active and FEP was more active. It kinda irritates me when I'm lurking, like I always do, and the only new posts I see are FETO related. It almost always amounts to 'HAI!! ACTIVATE ME SO I CAN NEVER POST ON THIS BOARD AGAIN!'. My FETO hate is kinda noticeable today. I swear, there is probably only a dozen people who play FETO that have more than one post.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Speedy - IX - 05-10-2016

Wondering if our skype groups could possibly be killing the forums...'>.>

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Swift_Assassin - 05-10-2016

Only three places on this site have any activity. The FETO activation topic, HOOT, and the Insurrection RP. Occasionally you'll get a post in the What music are you currently listening to? topic. I won't even mention my sprite thread, since it's mostly eight pages of mugs with me talking to myself hoping someone will actually give some input. This isn't actually a FEP problem. My sprite thread on Serenes got almost the exact same treatment after the initial posts, so I haven't posted anything there in a while. I don't use Skype, so I don't know what discussions are actually going on there, but I doubt it's that much of an impact.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - MMM - 05-11-2016

(05-10-2016, 11:30 PM)Speedy - IX Wrote: Wondering if our skype groups could possibly be killing the forums...'>.>

Not really. It's more like Skype, FETO and FEP are like 3 completely separate things.

FETO has, well, FETO. A rough, say, 75% of the people there are new people and the rest are actual vets. If people want to play it it's not because they have a burning desire of posting in a forum, trust me.
On FEP, said vets post, and... other vets who don't play FETO also post here. Which areas, I won't even go into, I would say everyone looks everywhere (yes Swift, including your sprite thread, even if nobody says anything in it because I know virtually nothing of spriting and can barely input anything useful) so I'm not distinguishing further.
The Skype group is also mostly for vets (with barely anyone new in there tbh) but the userbase somewhat differs from that of the forums and I could swear they talk more about Dark Souls than Fire Emblem which isn't the case here.

I doubt however that there is a way of unifying all three userbases. The only thing we can do to keep activity and life here is to get more people and the only thing we really have going for us is FETO because from what little I heard forums are dying and the only reasonably active FE forum is Serenes'. And I mean, name one, single forum that FETO doesn't make us stand apart from. Even if we just get activity for FETO, if we build a large enough userbase thanks to outside interest in FETO, then forum posts will come naturally. But we'll have to keep activity there too and while having more members to begin with (so we can have actual lives) would be a great start, the addition of campaigns, possibly a more newbie-friendly newbie guide (read: with less diversions like the one Mint wrote) and other stuff would help in my opinion.

tl;dr we should get on the ball smh.

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Cheffy - 05-11-2016

You guys make me want to run a game of D&D. Any of yall near middle indiana?

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Swift_Assassin - 05-11-2016

Well, we have the sprite archive. That's another thing, but there are a lot of sprite resources out there that have them too. I know siro was talking about trying to do a rip of Awakening to try to add that. But Siro's been gone since July.

Then there are all the online tools we used to have working, which have bugged out over the years. Hell, even the game information we have hasn't been updated since Shadow Dragon and that was barely anything shown for it. And then there is this.

Quote:Welcome to FEPlanet! You are now browsing our new site, completely revamped in for the North American launch of Fire Emblem 10: Radiant Dawn! Our site is the largest English FE media resource on the net, featuring tons of sprites, artwork, wallpapers, and music, a large amount of game coverage as well, and active forums, on which we have two Fire Emblem based roleplays (Skylessia and Radiance Lost), an online strategy game, contests and more! We hope you join our forums, and enjoy your stay!
How many people see that and think 'Oh, this site must be dead already since that game came out years ago'.

(05-11-2016, 02:44 AM)Swift_Assassin Wrote:
Quote:Welcome to FEPlanet! You are now browsing our new site, completely revamped in for the North American launch of Fire Emblem 10: Radiant Dawn! Our site is the largest English FE media resource on the net, featuring tons of sprites, artwork, wallpapers, and music, a large amount of game coverage as well, and active forums, on which we have two Fire Emblem based roleplays (Skylessia and Radiance Lost), an online strategy game, contests and more! We hope you join our forums, and enjoy your stay!
How many people see that and think 'Oh, this site must be dead already since that game came out years ago'.

Oh crap. Don't even go there <.<
Even then, sure, we could rip Awakening. Except other people have already and they'll probably also have ripped Fates by now (while I'm STILL witing for it to come out in Europe), so that on its own won't make people go like "We should totally go to FEP because it's better than [idk] Serenes!".
And while I am nearly clueless about Skylessia and Radiance Lost, it's probably fair to say those are gone forever (and might be missed?)

RE: Hold up. Just hold right up. - Swift_Assassin - 05-11-2016

Those rps died in '09/'10? They were replaced by Radiance of Elibe and Skylessia Gen 2, both of which died a couple years later, although that bot JimmieDix likes to make people think otherwise. The only thing about that greeting that is accurate is that we have a lot of stuff on FE up to Radiant Dawn, which I think still includes the ripped soundtrack, and FETO.

I don't know just what is accessible for editing on that page, but that paragraph probably doesn't help us at all.

I think the only thing to do would be to summon Speedy to... perhaps update that a bit lol