FEPlanet Community

Full Version: That awkward moment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...when you go to a performance filled with country music and Gospels when you don't listen to either and aren't even religious. Also that awkward moment when almost every other flag you see is the Confederate flag and you're from 'the North'.

At the very least, we aren't the only 'northeners' here during my vacation. At a comedy show I was at, one of the people they pulled from the crowd was from New York. My dad was also kinda pulled into that act too. It forced us to buy the DVD they recorded of the show.

I'll post some more about my vacation later. We're here for one more night, then we'll spend the following night in VA then we'll be back home the next day.
"kill me pls" - my likely reaction in the same situation
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... I wanna go on vacation, too! "Kill me, please" is my daily mantra. Rofl
Today was a bit of the same, a morning show  from one of the acts from last night with some of the same things. Him singing as Loius Armstrong and Kermit the Frog was funny though. I will say that I felt that way both days.

Also drove on ATVs for the first time yesterday. The day before we went to a place called Parrot Mountain where we had birds climbing and landing on us. They offer a picture with birds on you. My sister and dad chickened out of having birds placed on them, but my mom and I didn't. I must've had six or seven on me in the picture.
I have a phobia of birds, and distinctly remember NOT remembering the walk through St. Marc's Square in Venice after the abundance of pigeons. I apparently just shut down clinging to a friend and really only snapped out of it after we had been sitting down for lunch for a while.

tl;dr, no bueno.
Yeah, I can see that. We went to a thing there to feed nectar to Lories and they swarmed us. My sister said she knew what the woman pecked to death by crows in the Omen felt.
Ew, oh God. D:
Okay, I'm at our hotel room in Virginia and there is a heavy smoke layer in the distance from a forest fire. Tomorrow we'll be back home and I can return to normalcy and enjoy the last two days of my vacation before I go back to work.
Returning to work after such a great vacation is gonna suck. Even I can feel that "I miss my free time" lag. Lol
At least my parents and I have that two day buffer. My sister might be back to work Friday because she said she could be scheduled then.