FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Discussion - The Reclamation of Tania
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
It begins!

Bern has finally made a move.  During the night, an outpost for the Keepers of Sanctity is attacked by a modest force of crack wyvern troops.  The sounds of battle disrupt the nearby village.  Citizens begin to panic, and the few surviving Keepers are desperately trying to escape and send word to the Lycian regiments in Araphen, that they might come and quash the attack.

The following day, the surrounding towns are awash with rumors and speculation.  People occasionally point to the skies as wyverns circle about.  Many herald them as saviors.  Some fear that they are exchanging one tyrant for another.  Lycian enforcers are beginning to have trouble maintaining order, and the church's Keepers are similarly harried.  Tensions are high as Tania awaits reinforcements from the capital.

Event setting: The event RP starts on the morning after the attack, in one of the larger hubs of Tania, near the Araphen border.  Everyone is anticipating the arrival of Lycian troops from Araphen (some advance units may even be trickling into the town already).

Concerning this thread:  This thread shall be used to handle all OOC discussions.  There is no limit on the number of characters allowed (except for NPCs, SWIFTY.)  Please please PLEASE make sure to let everyone know if you are unable to post for an extended period of time.

Characters are free to come and go in this thread until the event concludes.  Again - use this thread to juggle all of that.

Other RPs as they pertain to this one: Other, non-event RPs can continue as usual.  You can use the same character in an event thread and a social RP thread concurrently.  (Time-space paradoxes are fun!)  Basically, the idea of the event thread is to gather everyone in one place, in-character.  This in turn can open up opportunities for splinter RP groups once you find people to interact with.

Any logistical questions can be posted at the helpdesk.  Any complaints can be directed to Cevian's PM box.   Big Grin
Cevian, WS is bullying me. Oh this isn't a PM.

I think if any of my NPCs show up for an extended period, it may be either Cass or Carla. The rest will probably be doing stuff in the background, either trying to sabotage reinforcements, evacuating civilians or tending to the wounded.

But don't expect proper posting from me until at least next Thursday when I have a physical keyboard in front of me.
Very well written introduction, I would read the shit out of more of that. Nice little push for me to try and git gud again. Excited to see where this takes us, will be waiting for a few posts to get a feel for what's going on!
(04-15-2016, 05:15 PM)Zanryu Wrote: [ -> ]Very well written introduction, I would read the shit out of more of that. Nice little push for me to try and git gud again. Excited to see where this takes us, will be waiting for a few posts to get a feel for what's going on!

Many thanks for the kind words, mate.  I had been working on it little by little while I was at work.  I had submitted it to Cevian to look over before I posted it, but he's been super busy (and I have a habit of sending him things when he's asleep) so I just decided to roll with it.

I was going to follow it up with a post from one of my own characters, just to sort of break the ice for everyone, but it turns out that I have to actually get work done when I'm at work.  Alas.
Double post because this is my goddamn subforum.

Swift, we're calling in a med team. They're going to give you NPCPR.
(04-22-2016, 07:43 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]They're going to give you NPCPR.

I dig it.

I'm assuming having multiple characters in the same thread is cool for the event? I've been debating on bringing Zanryu into the fold - I almost feel bad not giving him some love.

Also, not quite sure how big this place is that people haven't noticed the Hyperion Legion, or if you simply left that for later? I figure Ellie wouldn't exactly chime in between Paige and Satsume, so possibly going to see Shad would be her primary focus - she owes him.

Also, I assume we're meant to wind up between the Lycian forces and Bern or will there be some surprises?
Yeah, eventually the Lycian Guard will show up. Probably some wyverns, as well. I don't know how the timing on that is going to work yet. And if someone wants to work them into their post before me, that's cool too!

Also: Yes, the Hyperion Conglomerate is getting to the point where there's no way in hell the Church doesn't have their names on the short list.

Also also: Both characters in the same event is legal, I suppose.
Alright - I'm still undecided about bringing Zanryu in. Seems like a lot to juggle with two characters and multiple potential RPs at the moment.

I'll drop a post in a few, I suppose - going to have Ellie pay Shad a visit.
^ Talks about the difficulty of juggling two characters, immediately interacts with someone currently juggling 2 pcs and 4 npcs.

Also, the Hyperions antagonize a lot of people. Leon's antagonizing the Marquess of Aquleia, Lennox and Carla are being chased by Ostian Relic hunters, Shad's attacking the Church, Maria's a mage(also 10/11?) in hiding Don't take me mentioning her as meaning much..., and Ludwig is still fighting people in the Western Isles is definitely dead and won't show up Same with this...hehe. So yeah, they'd be disappointed if they didn't attract any attention.
Hey, I have trouble managing my time. xP I go from wanting to game, to play with my car, to RP, to sleep, to eat, to doing nothing at all within an hour.
(04-23-2016, 10:49 PM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: [ -> ]^ Talks about the difficulty of juggling two characters, immediately interacts with someone currently juggling 2 pcs and 4 npcs.

At least Zanryu doesn't need to cart around a cast of cheerleaders and backup singers to make meaningful posts!

[Image: 17346_0.jpg]
Cevian, WS is bullying me.

Only Wolfram uses a cart, thank you. If anything is to blame, it's my habit of making new characters and wanting to use them.

Also, I made Lennox and Carla insist on hearing the information from Paige so it's only explained once in the RP.
I've come to realize that Sundays leave me with almost TOO much time on my hands. :'(
I've got a post in the works that's about 80-90% done. Should be up in a day or two.
Well, that was a fun read, you two. I laughed, I'll admit! I'll wait on Paige to say her piece before I get another one in there. Smile
Hahaha I figured we needed a push to condense us all into one big group, and stop Paige from having to explain the same thing four different times.
Well, that's kinda what I was aiming for too. Less going over the same thing in the different posts. Also, love how antagonistic Roland is being. Especially with him constantly harping on Carla's Sacaen heritage, at least in thoughts. Been a while since I've been in a rp with that going on. Last time on FEP with that was during Radiance Lost.
Yeah, I really like your posts so far, Cool Dad. It's a refreshing bit of realism in a world of freely socializing strangers. Kudos, mate!
I hope it was alright to fast forward a bit. Paige wasn't going to tell everyone in that inn, especially if she thought a keeper was upstairs.
(04-30-2016, 09:53 AM)Toogee Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it was alright to fast forward a bit. Paige wasn't going to tell everyone in that inn, especially if she thought a keeper was upstairs.

Aww, now I can't have the innkeeper throw Roland and Satsume out for being disruptive.

EDIT: Work is just CRUSHING me right now.  Sorry for not posting - I'm trying to find time, it's just evaporating at every turn.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9