FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Old FEP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Just a couple of the old, terrible head staff members of FEP!  Tongue
Granted, the old staff was really godawful, not all of it was. There's like 4 or so people I had major beef with, and they were:

Wymsy
SaS
Zerxer
Marcus

And that's not counting the numerous staffers that stand on a fringy platform. These are the ones I felt were blatantly awful staff members. Those are the four names that, had I known circumstances would become as they have, I wish I would've warned Exxeh about ahead of time. But, there's nothing to be done about that.

Hindsight's always 20/20, ya know?
WOW who invited all these losers blasts from the past?
My guess is that one particular person most likely sent multiple vets a message on facebook/twitter/skype/etc and told em we're alive. It seems too coincidential that all of those people would arrive at the exact same time. But nevertheless, returns are always welcome.
Nope. We were just reminiscing over the good ol' days of forum RPing while looking through the archives of old FEP ourselves. Someone, probably Gaz, glanced through this new version and saw this particular topic.
Nah, it was Vel.

Quote:The old FEP staff forum is not open because someone wanted to shame the old staff. The old FEP staff forum is open because nobody cared enough to go close it. >.>

Specifically, he saw the above, and thought it was funny:

(11:51:08 PM) gazetteerwastaken: It exists, that's why it's oldforums.fep
(11:51:24 PM) gazetteerwastaken: As an archive.
(11:51:26 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) hey the new one
(11:51:33 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) is at least updated to Fates banners
(11:51:48 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) HAHAHA
(11:51:57 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) my last great move
(11:52:01 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) has at least proven useful once
(11:52:13 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) http://forums.feplanet.net/thread-955.html
(11:52:35 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) "The old FEP staff forum is not open because someone wanted to shame the old staff. The old FEP staff forum is open because nobody cared enough to go close it. >.>"
(11:52:47 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) no, it was opened because the old staff was terrible and everybody deserved to see it
(11:53:00 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) I purposely left it open
(11:53:09 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) and then moved the permissions for messing with it to some far off folder
(11:53:18 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) because I wanted it left unlocked and IPB let me
(03-28-2016, 06:43 PM)Gazetteer Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, it was Vel.

Quote:The old FEP staff forum is not open because someone wanted to shame the old staff. The old FEP staff forum is open because nobody cared enough to go close it. >.>

Specifically, he saw the above, and thought it was funny:

(11:51:08 PM) gazetteerwastaken: It exists, that's why it's oldforums.fep
(11:51:24 PM) gazetteerwastaken: As an archive.
(11:51:26 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) hey the new one
(11:51:33 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) is at least updated to Fates banners
(11:51:48 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) HAHAHA
(11:51:57 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) my last great move
(11:52:01 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) has at least proven useful once
(11:52:13 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) http://forums.feplanet.net/thread-955.html
(11:52:35 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) "The old FEP staff forum is not open because someone wanted to shame the old staff. The old FEP staff forum is open because nobody cared enough to go close it. >.>"
(11:52:47 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) no, it was opened because the old staff was terrible and everybody deserved to see it
(11:53:00 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) I purposely left it open
(11:53:09 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) and then moved the permissions for messing with it to some far off folder
(11:53:18 PM) [Eris]: ("no bullying donny" velyoukai) because I wanted it left unlocked and IPB let me

He's right in that it was a great move imo :>
*sigh* Yep, Vel wins again. Conniving bastard is always one step ahead of us.
To be honest, I thought it was just an accident. Nice to know Vel is one cunning mofo. c:

And you know what, I guess for all the shit the member base got from the old staff, the least they'd see is the staff's true colors in the staff forum.

Vel, if you're reading this, can you tell me what went through your mind as you unlocked the permissions on the staff board? Like, some kind of last straw? I'm curious to know.
The best part is, thanks to Vel I was able to find this little gem:

(03-29-2016, 09:32 AM)Crimea River Wrote: [ -> ]I'll let him know he's been unbanned. And indeed; he will never have a staff position again.

Y'all had one job.  ONE JOB.

I AM THE TRIUMVIRATE.  MY JIMMIES REMAIN UNRUSTLED.

AHAHAHAHA- *shot*
For the record, I've just randomly decided to swing by.
It wasn't a last straw so much as "You know, things are ending, all the old guards are pretty much done/gone. I think people deserve to see this sort of thing if they ever come back and check it out."

It's the sort of thing that hiding it was a sign of guilt anyway. And after I made myself root by fucking around with Inspect Element on IPB, it wasn't like I was in the clear of anything to come.

Also, when Fates RP?!
While I'd have no problem balancing a Fates themed rp with the Insurrection rp, the activity is poor right now as it is. Plus, I'd probably end up making another 20 npcs for that one too. I don't have a problem.

The only things I really gained from the whole staff board being open was being listed as a potential mod back in late '06 and the multiple times of people asking if I deserved to be a Veteran member. Both of which amounted to nothing, both to me and the board. But, I guess that happens when you are a habitual lurker. Never really pissed anyone off enough to really affect things...that I can find in the staff board, at least.
Honestly, I had no idea any of this was going on. I knew Phyrro was a narcissist and that he could be a real jerk just from some of the things he posted.

Wysmsy was in the RSS and FEPChat a lot and she was always funny and nice, I never had a problem with her. I honestly didn't know anyone had a problem with her.

SaS was Canadian so he was cool. Rofl I knew that he liked orange, Bidoof, and Makalov. That's everything I knew about him.

Zerxer and Cheffy were basically mortal enemies but again, I was some nobody he was decent to. Although, he did make me pretty mad with some of the stupid things he said about Cheffy. As if  I would agree with him over Cheffy about anything. XD

Wasn't Marcus the one who married Leaf? XD I don't remember Marcus. v.v;;

I was mostly active in the RSS and the Games section when it existed. I knew there were people who hated each other but the only time I thought there was a problem was when Zerxer started moving people to the "Idiot" group for having opinions. Even then I thought Zerxer was the only one abusing power. I didn't know how big the problem was until after the forum basically died.

Ten years and I'm still so out of the loop. XD
(03-30-2016, 03:32 PM)Mizu Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I had no idea any of this was going on. I knew Phyrro was a narcissist and that he could be a real jerk just from some of the things he posted.

Wysmsy was in the RSS and FEPChat a lot and she was always funny and nice, I never had a problem with her. I honestly didn't know anyone had a problem with her.

SaS was Canadian so he was cool. Rofl I knew that he liked orange, Bidoof, and Makalov. That's everything I knew about him.

Zerxer and Cheffy were basically mortal enemies but again, I was some nobody he was decent to. Although, he did make me pretty mad with some of the stupid things he said about Cheffy. As if  I would agree with him over Cheffy about anything. XD

Wasn't Marcus the one who married Leaf? XD I don't remember Marcus. v.v;;

I was mostly active in the RSS and the Games section when it existed. I knew there were people who hated each other but the only time I thought there was a problem was when Zerxer started moving people to the "Idiot" group for having opinions. Even then I thought Zerxer was the only one abusing power. I didn't know how big the problem was until after the forum basically died.

Ten years and I'm still so out of the loop. XD

Ugh, Phyrro.  There's another one I don't miss.

I know there's been a ton of Wymsy bashing in this thread, but when I knew her as Mega Trickster I didn't really have a problem with her, either.

I used to like Jeff, too.  But MAN that favoritism towards Marcus was blatant.  Couple that with just treating FEP like an abandoned child... yeah.  'Tis a shame.

Marcus... look, it's been five years since I spoke with the guy.  So all I know is how 2011 Marcus would react to this thread - with an eloquent riposte and a smarmy "holier-than-thou" attitude.  Six paragraphs later, you're left believing that you were wrong all this time, and that Canas is a terrible unit in FE7.
I love Canas. He's tough as nails.
(03-05-2016, 04:07 PM)Falaflame Wrote: [ -> ]You know.

I can't help, but think, how different we would be right now if Exxeh didn't entrust everything to SaS. If, instead, she trusted someone else entirely with the site.

These memories...and I was only around 15 back then.  and now I'm almost 23?  Damn, time flies.

I don't even remember what happened.  I just recall Exxeh creating a new forum platform entirely on her own (which I thought was beautiful), and then the big rift that happened when she wanted FEP back and kicked out all of the other staff (except me because we were friendly back then). All I remember back then, in retrospect, was that I felt so attacked all the time so I basically lashed out like a dumb teenager, mainly because Marcus was such an asshole to me for every little thing.

That's practically how the site fell from it's peak, though.  Eventually SaS got bored of Fire Emblem, got obsessed with gpx, I basically had nothing to do so I left, and couldn't afford a Wii back then to play Radiant Dawn.  btw, I just remembered this site randomly when somebody mentioned video games in my telegram chat lol.

Anyways, hi.

EDIT: yikes i'm rereading posts there and i'm getting /triggered
Hey, welcome back, Elto. Again, I'm the first person lurking around when these returns happen.

Now that it's being mentioned, I think I recall having some kind of fight with Marcus...I think over SSBM. It was a stupid thing of course, being as I was 15/16 at the time. I vaguely recall it became a two-on-one thing, but I can't recall who sided with him.

Then there was that damn Swift_Walrus thing that Legault started. Hmm...

I don't recall alot about Wymsy outside of the RSS stuff. That whole Corporate FEP versus Communism thing primarily.

Anyway, outside of the bad former staff members, how about more waves of older FEP vets start pouring back in?
i honestly dunno what everyone's beef with the mods are/were, and i don't mean that as a "really guys?", but as a fact that i really do not know, all the chatting i did with them was in the RSS and that was it, and they were decent enough there.

as for me, i check FEP every now and then when i remember, but there's usually nothing interesting for me to post, nor do i have anything interesting to say, so i just lurk
You guys are really making me regret locking up my old FEP account and throwing away the key.

Curiosity status: Hella.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10