FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Forum Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, the version of MyBB that we are currently using is out of date. As such, I am going to be upgrading us to the most current version on Tuesday during the afternoon around 1 or 2 pm EST.

Not sure exactly how long it will take but hopefully it won't take more than an hour. These forums will be down. Not sure if the old forums or FETO will be down as well during this time period but I wouldn't be surprised if they do go down.

Once this is done then hopefully we can start working on some skins for the forum to make it look more Fire Emblemy with the new game coming out and everything.
Upgrade has been completed.
And it already looks less sissy than the one we had before, so I automatically approve.
Expect some skins to be on their way shortly.

Will we bring back old skins? Will we make new ones? I'll leave that as a surprise for you to figure out. But whatever the case, it's about time we ditch the default mybb skin we had for 2 years. It's time to show new members, vets, and guests alike that we mean business.
Huzzah!!!
So, because of the forum upgrade there are better CAPTCHA options. As such I am switching over to an Email Activation system for the time being. If this doesn't work I will switch it back to the old way.

I sent out an email to all accounts waiting for activation stating that I was clearing out the queue and that they would have to reregister.

I also went through the list yesterday and banned a lot of funky email address types so hopefully we shouldn't have any more spambots to worry about.

If this all works here then I will switch the other forums and FETO to email activation and switch the forums over there to all archives so nobody can post.
(12-09-2015, 01:16 PM)fensti Wrote: [ -> ]So, because of the forum upgrade there are better CAPTCHA options. As such I am switching over to an Email Activation system for the time being. If this doesn't work I will switch it back to the old way.

I sent out an email to all accounts waiting for activation stating that I was clearing out the queue and that they would have to reregister.

I also went through the list yesterday and banned a lot of funky email address types so hopefully we shouldn't have any more spambots to worry about.

If this all works here then I will switch the other forums and FETO to email activation and switch the forums over there to all archives so nobody can post.

Looks like I owe a pizza and a mint copy of Lion's Eye Diamond to the Fens.
This means the forums aren't moving again, right?
(12-09-2015, 02:33 PM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2015, 01:16 PM)fensti Wrote: [ -> ]So, because of the forum upgrade there are better CAPTCHA options. As such I am switching over to an Email Activation system for the time being. If this doesn't work I will switch it back to the old way.

Looks like I owe a pizza and a mint copy of Lion's Eye Diamond to the Fens.

I'll message you my mailing address. Big Grin
I can get shit done when necessary.   
(12-09-2015, 03:21 PM)Toogee Wrote: [ -> ]This means the forums aren't moving again, right?

For the foreseeable future, no. We are staying put here.
Sleek, I like it.

Now it just needs all sorts of Ike. Tons of Ike. Like, an excessive amount of Ike.
So, had one Spambot sneak through because the security question was weak (What is 2+2?). Switched it to something Fire Emblem related so that should cut back on people joining who aren't into Fire Emblem.
Oh, now that is SEXY. I love it. It's like we're all in our fancy black suits and dresses.
(12-09-2015, 08:37 PM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Now it just needs all sorts of Ike. Tons of Ike. Like, an excessive amount of Ike.

Just so long as it's not paired with Pink and Beige colors, I'll be fine with it. Seriously, that old Ike skin hurt my eyes.
(12-11-2015, 03:44 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2015, 08:37 PM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Now it just needs all sorts of Ike. Tons of Ike. Like, an excessive amount of Ike.

Just so long as it's not paired with Pink and Beige colors, I'll be fine with it. Seriously, that old Ike skin hurt my eyes.

This, and a ton of other old skins were incredibly hideous. We're only bringing back a select few.
(12-11-2015, 05:28 PM)Falaflame Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2015, 03:44 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]Just so long as it's not paired with Pink and Beige colors, I'll be fine with it. Seriously, that old Ike skin hurt my eyes.

This, and a ton of other old skins were incredibly hideous. We're only bringing back a select few.

I do hope Micaiah and Leonardo are going to be brought back though.
(12-11-2015, 05:32 PM)MMM Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2015, 05:28 PM)Falaflame Wrote: [ -> ]This, and a ton of other old skins were incredibly hideous. We're only bringing back a select few.

I do hope Micaiah and Leonardo are going to be brought back though.

I want Mia back. That was my favorite color scheme.

Also, I'll be damned if I don't bring back Santa Oliver to piss people off. lol
Digging it, holy shite.

I also would LOVE to see Mia's theme return - it was my theme for YEARS.
i myself was/am a huge fan of leanne's skin, would love to see it back. don't think i ever changed it except for that one time one of you guys put a link that changed the skin.

edit: oh crap this makes all my sigs look hideously out of place, i'll have to fix that... sometime
I don't know. I wouldn't say Tamamo is hideously out of place.

I like the current skin, but I personally used the Sothe skin back in the old forum. but...it would probably be more appropriate to have Awakening or Fates inspired skins.
(12-11-2015, 06:24 PM)fensti Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2015, 05:32 PM)MMM Wrote: [ -> ]I do hope Micaiah and Leonardo are going to be brought back though.

I want Mia back. That was my favorite color scheme.

Also, I'll be damned if I don't bring back Santa Oliver to piss people off. lol

Mia is fine too, I suppose, though the coloring might need work, but it wasn't bad on the eyes. Basically, if I can view the site, and my eyes don't bleed, it can be brought back.

Santa Oliver was hilarious in hindsight, but if you're going to bring it back, please replace the blue parts with white. The colors kinda clash otherwise.

But at least that skin had novelty going for it.

http://oldforums.feplanet.net/index.php?...&skinid=45

THIS Skin, however, can go suck a chode. It wasn't funny back then, and nearly a decade later, it's still not funny now. I'd rather not have our community degraded to a walking, breathing dank meme that's died 8 years ago.
Pages: 1 2