FEPlanet Community

Full Version: New York Comic Con
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else going? I'm going to be there all four days with friends.
Nope, I rarely get out of my county. Still, It's something I've always thought about. Do you do the costume bit or just take in the sights?
I'm going in costume two days. I'm dressing in the traditional garb of my people...as Edward Kenway tomorrow and Sasori Saturday, because my friends are dressing up for a Naruto group that day and they kinda pressured me into.
(10-08-2015, 11:37 AM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going in costume two days. I'm dressing in the traditional garb of my people...as Edward Kenway tomorrow and Sasori Saturday, because my friends are dressing up for a Naruto group that day and they kinda pressured me into.

Oh dude, high five for the AC costume. I went to CTCon as Connor this past summer.
(10-08-2015, 11:42 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2015, 11:37 AM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going in costume two days. I'm dressing in the traditional garb of my people...as Edward Kenway tomorrow and Sasori Saturday, because my friends are dressing up for a Naruto group that day and they kinda pressured me into.

Oh dude, high five for the AC costume. I went to CTCon as Connor this past summer.

One of my friends was going to be Arno, but he lost his phantom blade and decided to go as Naruto instead. Funnily enough, everyone but him are going to be villians on Saturday and if he acts up, people might not be able to tell if we are beating him up or just performing.

Also, just saw the Hulk Buster Ironman suit and damn it was big.
I really should go to one of these CC's some time. I live on Long Island, I'm so close my only real excuse is laziness.
Apparently a friend of a friend is here dressed as Vaike. It looked pretty good actually. The only issue was that he had feet. We all know Awakening characters don't have feet.
Comic Cons over now. Saw Vaike, lots of Robins, a couple Chroms, a Lucina...I think there was actually an Awakening group, but I couldn't get a good look at it. A fight broke out friday when someone's prop hit a Deadpool. The Deadpool began punching him in the head while the guy's girlfriend shouted at Deadpool to get off of him. Happened like ten feet away from me. This one booth was calling over anyone dressed as Starlord and having dance offs between them and any other GotG characters.

On Saturday my friends and I went to a Naruto photo shoot because it was apparently his birthday. Didn't know, but that does explain why they insisted. There was also a gathering of Spidermen bad mouthing Deadpool, which prompted a gathering of Deadpools to form near the Spidermen one. Unfortunately for the Deadpools, the Spidermen had height and web shooters. Oh, and in the artists alley, someone drew the recruitment poster Frederick made for Chrom. It was hilarious to see.

Nothing really of note happened today, but thats a good thing. I only bought one thing this entire time, but I'm okay with it. I've been spying it this whole weekend and figured I might as well get it.
[Image: KIMG0046_zps5qucyepn.jpg]
Sounds eventful. Would have liked to see the Deadpool vs. Spiderman thing, and also, sweet poster!
sounds like a regular deadpool day, and what a nice poster indeed. got any pictures of the hulkbuster?

EDIT: OK DISREGARD THAT IS BIG
A bit of a necro post, but also on topic. NYCC 2016 is like 20 days away and I'm going again this year. Only the first day though. Going to be my sister, a couple of friends, and I. Pretty much two thirds of the group I went with last year. One of my friends plans on going as plain clothes Captain America (he has a test he has to do in NYC a few hours before, and I don't think he'd want to wear a costume during that). My sister is going to be wearing some Hatsune Miku cosplay. I don't recall what song the outfit was based on...but she made hands of a clock that Miku used as a weapon in it.

I'm going with something more lowkey, mainly because I figured if it wasn't delivered on time, I could still feasibly use it as regular clothes.
[Image: shirou-vs-kuzuki.jpg]
I've been on a Fate/Stay Night kick since April. I kinda got into it with Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, back when I started actually using my CR account, but that's when I played the VN. Since then, I've played the sequal, watched most of the first anime, watched the entirety of the second one(of which my outfit was based on), watched Fate/Zero, and began playing Fate/Extra and Fate/Grand Order. I'm also anxiously awaiting the next F/SN anime that comes out next January. My sister ordered me a new wig for it, since she figured my Sasori wig was too red. I'll actually try to get a picture I can post on here.

So, anyone else planning on going this year? Should I remember to count all the FE Fates waifu/husbando cosplays?
I actually live in NYC with my boyfriend, and I've never been to any Cons: is Comic Con a good place to start?! We discussed possibly going- he used to be a nerd but kind of grew out of it (although we're playing through the Zelda games at the moment, so he can still get down with it). I've never been into cosplay, but I like seeing it! I'm sure it'd be fun, I assume there's a lot of stuff to see?

(P.s, I sent you a PM a week or so ago Swift, did you see it?? Big Grin)
I wouldn't call myself the best example, as Comic Con is the only one I've been to. My sister went to several conventions over the years. In fact, she's going to one nearby with a friend on Sunday. There are tons of cosplayers and a bunch of stuff. The dealers room, aka wear you buy merch, is the entire third floor of the Javits Center. Bought that Lucina poster I mentioned up above there. There are a huge variety of things there. Last year they had a display showing off the different Batman suits with the wifi sponsered by Lexcorp. There are also panels there, but I didn't go to them. The guy behind Naruto was there last year, because they were premiering the Boruto movie somewhere nearby. My friend Sarah cosplays and had several photo sessions outside. She also got to meet Jessica Nigri last year, who she loves.

It was a bit awkward at times in the Dealer's Room because we pased the Fakku booth a couple times on the last day and we went straight to the MangaGamer booth because one of her friends we met up wanted to get a game there. I actually have a MangaGamer account, so I knew it was there and what kinda of content it has. So when he said he wanted to get a 'monster girl' game, I knew right where he was going to lead us. It's a bit awkward going to a hentai booth when you have your sister accompanying you. She's a year younger than I am, but still. I didn't want to let it slip that I knew just what kinda booth it was going to be before we got there.

They were also advertising that new Cartoon Network show with the three bears in the main area. It must've been fifteen feet tall.

(Not good at awknowledging PMs. But I've replied.)
That does sound like a lot of fun (minus the awkward Hentai bit), maybe I'll look into tickets! It's definitely something I can cross off the list, and I'm sure I'd probably end up buying way too much stuff =P
I think the only day available now is for Thursday, and you'd have to go through will call to get them. You'll also have to sign up for their fan verification thing, since they implemented that to help cut down of scalping. My sister might have to do that, as she ordered them rather late. But they decided after she bought them to extend the mailing date, so we don't know if they are coming in the mail or if she has to go through will call.
This is sort of a double post. But NYCC is tomorrow, as it's currently Wednesday on the east coast. 2 a.m., but still Wednesday. My costume is almost all set. I just need my sister to do a trial version of Shirou's command seal when the light is out, and I'm good to go. My sister isn't going as Hatsune Miku anymore, due to that being regulated to back up. Now she's going as Spark of Team Instinct from Pokemon GO. Which is a bit weird since she's part of Mystic.

I just found out that I'm eligible for some free shit courtesy of being a Premium Crunchyroll member. I just have to find their booth and sign in to pick it up. Good to know. The camera on my phone doesn't seem very good...or perhaps it's just slow at focusing. But I'll try to get a few pictures if possible.