FEPlanet Community

Full Version: [IRP] Beginnings of Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So fighting stuff has begun!

FYI, the monk is in jail. That will likely be the next goal. We'll either have to capture the jail or (the easier solution) get arrested and make an escape attempt. Thoughts?
Getting arrested sounds more feasible for a group of three/four people, really, but I'd be fine with either possibility.

Is Ambrose still with us now that Andy left? I assumed he was since Yuri refers to him, but no one else did so I wasn't sure.
Actually, if Zanryu still has an interest of jumping in, that might be a better option. Cassandra is still lurking in the shadows and can work with Yuri to set them free. Plus Alice is also in the area as well. It could introduce the group to Zan's character, allow Yuri to reequip himself, and Cass/Alice could rearm the group when their freed.

And I'm still not sure on Ambrose. I think he's sticking around as a npc, but I'm honestly not sure. My post was actually made before he revealed his internet hiatus, I just didn't mention him in the post.
With that, I edited my post:

Quote:Paige had to think fast before everyone was burned at the stake. Fighting this man would likely cause too much attention; they would be killed for sure. On the other hand, surrendering would at least get them in the same building as the monk was supposedly held. She turned to Shad and Morgan.

"Trust me," she mouthed before turning back to the soldier and raising her hands.

"Wait. We surrender," Paige announced. "By Lycian law, you cannot kill those who surrender, not before trial."

Sometimes, it paid to be a librarian. She was thankful that the soldier reluctantly agreed, though he remained tense.

"In that case, drop your weapons. All of you." The soldier waited for the others to follow suit.

Paige could only hope that news would get to Yuri and Shad's friends and they could work out a way to get them out.
I got through the holidays without committing a murder, so now I'm ready to get back to the RP! A post'll be up soon.
I am working on a new character and was wondering, since there do not appear to be too many active RPs going on at this time in Insurrection, if it would be a little too late to join once my character got approved.
We are currently detained by the Church of Preservation of Sanctity(except for Yuri). If the character isn't part of them, they could realistically be another detainee.
Actually, I was thinking it might be fun to be part of the CPS, it seems that there are less Lycian Loyalist/CPS characters and it might be fun to play in a slightly antagonistic role.
(12-30-2015, 11:00 PM)Jonahman10 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I was thinking it might be fun to be part of the CPS, it seems that there are less Lycian Loyalist/CPS characters and it might be fun to play in a slightly antagonistic role.

I find it harder to interact when your character is against everything the other characters stand for, unless they act as a spy or something. Good on you for trying Wink.
(12-31-2015, 08:51 AM)Toogee Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2015, 11:00 PM)Jonahman10 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I was thinking it might be fun to be part of the CPS, it seems that there are less Lycian Loyalist/CPS characters and it might be fun to play in a slightly antagonistic role.

I find it harder to interact when your character is against everything the other characters stand for, unless they act as a spy or something. Good on you for trying Wink.

I really like this idea.  Jonahman - if you want, I can use my next post to give you an opportunity to introduce yourself.
My post is like half recapping other people's posts because I'm a bad RPer.

I kind of made a lot of assumptions about the layout of the cell we're in, so if it doesn't jive with whatever you needed it to be like tell me and I'll fix it.
(12-31-2015, 09:27 AM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2015, 08:51 AM)Toogee Wrote: [ -> ]I find it harder to interact when your character is against everything the other characters stand for, unless they act as a spy or something. Good on you for trying Wink.

I really like this idea.  Jonahman - if you want, I can use my next post to give you an opportunity to introduce yourself.

I shall take this opportunity as soon as I finish the character profile, which, with luck, will be tomorrow.
(12-20-2015, 04:29 AM)Swift_Assassin Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, if Zanryu still has an interest of jumping in, that might be a better option. Cassandra is still lurking in the shadows and can work with Yuri to set them free. Plus Alice is also in the area as well. It could introduce the group to Zan's character, allow Yuri to reequip himself, and Cass/Alice could rearm the group when their freed.

And I'm still not sure on Ambrose. I think he's sticking around as a npc, but I'm honestly not sure. My post was actually made before he revealed his internet hiatus, I just didn't mention him in the post.

Very interested, actually; but I never got a definitive response so I didn't want to cut in abruptly, figured that would be rude. Tongue
I'll skim back through what's already been posted and see what I can think of, run it by everyone.

EDIT:

Did my reading, and I was thinking I could bring Ellie in from a neighboring cell, having been captured trying to help some civilians hide from the Keepers; she'll have put up a fight and is sporting a great black eye and a little cut on her lip; I figure she'll mostly be watching at first, but will try to interact when she hears a bit more.
I'm good with that. I was actually going to suggest something along those lines. Shad would probably reassure the group about escape, bringing up the fact that Cassandra would probably free them or get Yuri to do it, and I figured Ellie could use that as incentive to speak to the group.
Well, I've shoehorned Ellie in; in case you haven't read her profile she looks quite boyish as a whole, just so you all know. I'll try and stay on top of this RP and stay active!
Probably should have waited for Wyvernslayer...but thinking about it, Alice hadn't said anything to him for him to even respond to. So I got another post in.
I've been on vacation all week. Someone fill me in - what exactly is being asked of Yuri here? There are so many characters floating around now that it's hard to keep track of things.
Cassandra requested Alice to tell Yuri that his 'friends'(Shad, Paige and Morgan) have been captured by the church and that Cassandra needs his help to free them. Alice is saying it in a roundabout way because Cass doesn't trust Yuri and doesn't want to potentially ruin a backup plan if Yuri doesn't want to help them.

I guess a short recap is Shad, Paige, Morgan and the monk are stuck in a cell together, Ellie is in the cell across from them, Cass is hidden outside the church's outpost while Alice used her credentials to relay a message on Cass' behalf while claiming it's a message from Yuri's mother. The first part of what Alice says to Yuri was just to establish how she would even know who Yuri's mother is, the second is the veiled request for aid.
Sorry for being away. I was having a bit of a block. I've posted something to hopefully get things back on track. It's not much, but...
Tossed a post of my own in there! Figured it could go either way now; maybe the soldiers would hear Ellie tossing the clasp and come running, potentially creating enough of a stir for Yuri and Alice to get in and get us all out, oooooor maybe we got lucky and you'll get your answers without any trouble and we'll have some other cause for commotion. Your call, guys! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6