FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Nostalgia hurts, sometimes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, figured I was due for a nostalgia trip. Get on to the old forums, log in, and the 'My Assistant' feature has popped up, saying that a New PM is there for me. So I look at it.

It's from Ellis.

"On this day, 9 years ago, you registered on FEPlanet's forums.

Congrats!"

And since that was actually the SECOND iteration of FEP I was a member of, and I was a member of the first for about two years before it went kaputt, well, I FEEL FUCKING OLD.

>_<
Mine says 8 years ago. I'm less old!
Mine says 9 years ago, but I was on the forum before that one too. Been at least 11 years now.
I'm about to make that worse. Don't forget about that interim board between the first version and the last one. It didn't last as long, but it was still FEP.
I remember the interim board. =/ I think I joined just before the switch to the new site.
I don't think I was on the interim board actually. I signed on to FEP every day for a few days after the first board exploded and then I just stopped checking for like a year until I realized "hey, FEP is back" and joined as a new, less terrible but still terrible, person.
^ I did this after the interim.
It's okay Andy, we're all old and back on FEP for who knows why...lets celebrate being old! I can rent a car, that's sort of neat
I remember the interim board - they had also split off the RPs into a forum of their own.

And yeah, I got my "happy 9 years" notice last week. Is this how manuallyblinking felt all the time?
I'd get the anniversary PM on my old, dilapidated account, but i've lost access to it.

However, the account was made on August 28th, 2006. So, yeah, you can do the math from there.
Ohey, MOAR old cranky folks like me! xD Wow, though. 11-12 years of FEP.

So, quick question: Who was you all's favorite character to RP?

Mine was Lysis Melanasil (Radiance Lost version). Woman who was never meant to be a warrior, such that her first kill haunted her throughout her entire career, 'til RL died.
I was a nation leader in one of the RPs for some reason, which was a major mistake. I don't know if I asked for the position or if they gave it to me because I was popular (Big Grin) but I was a leader in one of them along with Yuan, TheBestDeception, and a few others. I could never remember the name of my own damn nation and I almost never participated. I was always very interested in the idea of RPing but never interested in following through.
Rylus.

'Nuff said.

Every single other one of my characters paled in comparison to him.
(07-03-2015, 10:09 AM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]I was a nation leader in one of the RPs for some reason, which was a major mistake. I don't know if I asked for the position or if they gave it to me because I was popular (Big Grin) but I was a leader in one of them along with Yuan, TheBestDeception, and a few others. I could never remember the name of my own damn nation and I almost never participated. I was always very interested in the idea of RPing but never interested in following through.

http://editthis.info/storing_don/Main_Pa...asy_RPG.29

Perhaps one of these from the Dark of Night RP? Talk about going down the memory hole...

I totally forgot I was in this. In fact, I think I have some of these side forums bookmarked somewhere.

Here we are: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dark_of_Night/index.php
(07-03-2015, 06:43 PM)Toogee Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2015, 10:09 AM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]I was a nation leader in one of the RPs for some reason, which was a major mistake. I don't know if I asked for the position or if they gave it to me because I was popular (Big Grin) but I was a leader in one of them along with Yuan, TheBestDeception, and a few others. I could never remember the name of my own damn nation and I almost never participated. I was always very interested in the idea of RPing but never interested in following through.

http://editthis.info/storing_don/Main_Pa...asy_RPG.29

Perhaps one of these from the Dark of Night RP? Talk about going down the memory hole...

I totally forgot I was in this. In fact, I think I have some of these side forums bookmarked somewhere.

Here we are: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dark_of_Night/index.php

Ugh...As much as I loved DoN, I had some bad memories with that. There was the time before it's first rework when everyone but me in Endal went awol. I had take up a psuedo-command role against the Dark Brotherhood and their 5000 strong 'flawless' impersonation of the Sons of Sand and against revolts within Endal.

Then LG took over during the reboot, which is when Ulrich's I want to say three year Coronation consisting of damn near everyone took place.

It was, however, the origin of my Hyperion family and I've been using or adding to them since.

As for favorite? . . .hmm. I liked Alwin Diethelm from RL. He was in the quickest rp's out of all my characters. I think he finished up three or four before an rp Tyber Fen was in finished. However, I think Tyber Fen from RL was my favorite. He had the most character development from racist, run-of-the-mill Daein soldier to disillusioned deserter to reinvigorated Daein revolutionary.
That was it, I was one of the higher ups in Vadal. I absolutely do not remember my character's name.
I was a very high-ranked commander in Endal, I think, under a character nobody would ever remember, because I couldn't for the life of me get into DoN.
My God, DoN was such a long time ago. I remember being approached for control of Ainor. I think I turned it down because of all the other things I had going on, though. And then the forum's drama drought ended a few months after that got off the ground.

(07-03-2015, 05:16 PM)Falaflame Wrote: [ -> ]Rylus.

'Nuff said.

Every single other one of my characters paled in comparison to him.

I miss Rylus. He needs to be brought back.
He was the only character I /really/ got going in any RP rather comfortably. I just couldn't with anyone else.

As of now, He's in FETO, but that's it, lol.
DoN... Holy crap that was forever ago. Field Marshall's last hurrah.

Back to me and my katana-obsessed self and Lysis Melanasil v1.0.

I was one of Lequall's five sub-commanders, under it's king. Can't quite recall the title.
Pages: 1 2 3