FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Nostalgia hurts, sometimes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Oh, did I say Endal? I meant Ainor, lol.
Aw. No Endal's Bay? xD

If I could go back to that point in time, I probably would've been Ainori rather than Lequallian. Ainor was the land of Knights, if I recall correctly, while Endal was Rome and Lequall was Sparta.

I remember there were so many ideas I had for Indiana Jones style archeological dig RPs. Which my character could finance, what with her being one of the five Marshalls (finally remembered the title).
...I was somehow expecting an Endal's Bay reference eventually.
If Jamie was here, we would have had that reference mentioned already.

I remember around that time I got into Rome Total War, which was appropriate for Endal considering the setting. I think I got into it because I was helping come up with unique units for it and was using it as a reference. I believe I came up with the Praetorian unique unit for Endal through that game, or something to that effect.
I remember I came up with some ridiculous 'hidden Reed heir' character that was a member of the Dark Brotherhood or some shit.
I don't know why, but my first two characters had the most profile views of all Skylessia. I felt powerful.
and i'm over here never having joined an RP, it was never my thing i guess. how's everyone doing?

i tried to access the old forums for kicks and giggles but i kept getting redirected to these unfortunately.

./montholdnecro
really? Did you try oldforums.feplanet.net? It works for me.

On an unrelated note, I just realized I know what your avatar's from and I don't know how I feel about that yet.
oh i didn't know the oldforums link part, yeah it worked now. and i got the 7 year message, although 8-year will be in less than a month from now.

it's been ages since i finished that game but man i really liked it, especially since depending on the person one could see the ending as either bad or good.
My last message was the nine year mark back in March. Followed by spam from a deleted adbot.

Yeah, there was one in costume who was in a really fucked up situation before hand. It was a good ending for her compared to what her life was like before.
I just went on the oldforums link. Can everyone access the Staff section, or am I accidentally staff again?

And on that note, turns out Fala recommended me for global mod about a year or two ago. Yipee ~^.^~
It's been unlocked, it appears. I even saw the emergency topic Siro had about the rampant adbots.
Yeah, I figured it out because I could see the Admin forums too. Seems Zerxer (quite justifiably) hated me around 2007. I honestly have no idea why the hell I started shit over birthdays. And I now remember just how much I hated Marcus/Leaf/Magus/whatever back in the day. Turns out Saralynn actually mentioned my name when looking for new global mods way back in like 2007, but I'm glad everyone ignored that. No way in hell was I mature enough to do it then, I was a pretty shitty person when I was 15.

No I didn't just search for my name in the staff and admin forums, why do you ask?
SaS and/or Exxeh suggested me as a potential mod back in '06? Just a few months into the new board as well. Holy shit. Granted, the only person to actually discuss it on the site was Crimea River, but I'm flattered to know that. Plus I agree with Crimea, my grammar has never been my strong suit. I was also 15 at that time. Hmm...I can't even imagine how being a mod during the first year of the new board would have worked out. I definitely would have been very active during that time frame of the new board. Hell, I'm number five of most time spent lurking online.

Why was the most times I was mentioned was if I was worthy of being a Veteran?
i... uhhh. dug through those, and well, there's stuff there that was "supposed" to stay in staff. and holy crap that's some serious behind the scenes drama.
Yeah, and even stuff most of the staff didn't know. Like, nobody knew what the hell was going on with Leon, myself included because I was away at the time. Apparently he done real bad, becaise it stirred up a controversy that made Marcus look tame.
(10-08-2015, 08:33 AM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, and even stuff most of the staff didn't know. Like, nobody knew what the hell was going on with Leon, myself included because I was away at the time. Apparently he done real bad, becaise it stirred up a controversy that made Marcus look tame.

That whole mess with Leon should never have spilled into FEP to begin with, because it happened on another forum entirely. Marcus just hated Leon and used his buddy-buddy status with Jeff to pull a few strings and get Leon booted.

I'm still a little salty about it.

EDIT: Also, now that I've had a chance to sift through the old staff's dirty laundry, all I can say is that dear GOD did Rei hate my guts. Like wow.
See, I thought it was something like that but I wasn't sure. If that is the case then it definitely should have had nothing to do with FEP, whatever it was. I know I was pretty damn salty at Marcus for... well pretty much everything. Now I see I overreacted about a lot, but looking through some of the staff forum I see there are multiple topics talking about why Marcus was staff, why he's allowed to act the way he did, etc. So it wasn't just us, most everyone hated him, but Jeff would never have punished him.
For some reason, I've got this vision in my head about all of us sitting at a table, discussing this over a couple beers and a game of poker.
Here, stick these Yuengling in the fridge. Keep these Hofbräu room temperature though. You deal.
Pages: 1 2 3