FEPlanet Community

Full Version: [NEWS] rip feto? "Fire Emblem Fates has pretty extensive online multiplayer"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
FETO left 4 ded
Yeah I want that game. I have no idea whether their multiplayer is going to be superior to FETO or not, but hell do I want to find out. :O
Nice try, sirocyl. You're not getting out of fixing the forums that easy. Tongue
That's pretty damn awesome. Though I'll definitely still play FETO because of tournaments and more balanced play.
To be perfectly honest, the online multiplayer mode was never really a huge concern for me. While I like it being there mostly because I have no rl friends to play it with it's always been more one of those games that I play for hours alone. Lol I can't even count the number of times I've finished the FE games I have, especially PoR and RD. I played the heck out of those games; the lack of an online multiplayer mode never once even came to my mind.

My real concerns are focused mainly on story and elements within. The support system needs to go back to the traditional one, as in BS, SS, and PoR. I want a more RD-esque game with a few PoR/BS/SS elements. Awakening was good imo but it felt like a much older game than it was. After playing PoR and RD it felt more like a remake. I feel like they went backwards. =/
Feto still has something more : custom units with custom sprites.... owait that's broken *shot*

and at some point, won't this multiplayer FE end up being all maxed units with OP skills? I feel Feto will look BALANCED in front of that.
Yeah, FETO is way more balanced. This won't kill FETO at all.

Though when we rework FETO at some point we can definitely pull some ideas from both Fates and Awakening to make FETO better.
^this so many times.

Plus, I'm pretty sure tournaments will be more of a thing than it will be on multiplayer FE Fates.
(06-28-2015, 04:55 PM)fensti Wrote: [ -> ]Though when we rework FETO at some point we can definitely pull some ideas from both Fates and Awakening to make FETO better.

Pulling ideas from Awakening and Fates to a game based largely on the GBA series seems a bit dodgy to me. If there were to be a Fates/Awakening-inspired metagame separate from the current "GBA FETO" we play, I would welcome it though.

also bows integrated in the holy trinity? what the fuck
Notice he said some, and not all.
(06-28-2015, 10:59 PM)Falaflame Wrote: [ -> ]Notice he said some, and not all.

True that, but I'm not really sure about how much could be integrated into FETO given that it's really different from the 3DS games.
5 skills equipped on a unit? Ahahahahaha no.
And a personal, unique skill for each unit? Nah.
Dragon's Vein (or was it Pulse...?) Don't make me laugh...
Weapon ranks for stones? That's actually something I would like, but Manaketes have to be rebalanced and become playable first.
Stat caps over 50, Limit Breaker and infinite reclassing? Aaand there goes the game's balance...
And Bows with WTA against Dark magic and WTD against Anima? Hmmmm...

tl;dr I don't see that much that would be viable for implementing on FETO from the new games. I haven't touched Fates yet, that much I'll admit, but what I've seen from it doesn't seem to be viable and Awakening definitely doesn't have a lot of viable ideas unless we want to change the rescuedropping system to pair-ups and make h/r unviable. >_>
(06-29-2015, 06:04 AM)MMM Wrote: [ -> ]Awakening definitely doesn't have a lot of viable ideas unless we want to change the rescuedropping system to pair-ups and make h/r unviable. >_>
I agree with everything else, actually. But one thing I will point out is I'd rather not see pairups tbh. Just imagine a Master Knight class suddenly being available for play on FETO. That's basically what you're looking at tbh
(06-29-2015, 08:37 AM)Falaflame Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2015, 06:04 AM)MMM Wrote: [ -> ]Awakening definitely doesn't have a lot of viable ideas unless we want to change the rescuedropping system to pair-ups and make h/r unviable. >_>
I agree with everything else, actually. But one thing I will point out is I'd rather not see pairups tbh. Just imagine a Master Knight class suddenly being available for play on FETO. That's basically what you're looking at tbh

Dunno if I expressed myself wrongly here, but I was hoping not to see that either xD
5 skills would definitely never happen. That'd be a nightmare.

Maybe some new skills when we do reboot the game. Give each stat a second skill you can choose between or have some static skills (like +2 to a stat, etc).

Obviously we'd have to make sure everything is balanced before we do anything.
iirc there may be new skills introduced in awakening and fates that we might incorporate into use on FETO, though obviously, balancing may need to be taken in consideration, also.
(06-30-2015, 10:41 PM)fensti Wrote: [ -> ]5 skills would definitely never happen. That'd be a nightmare.

Maybe some new skills when we do reboot the game. Give each stat a second skill you can choose between or have some static skills (like +2 to a stat, etc).

Obviously we'd have to make sure everything is balanced before we do anything.

New skills? *shamelessly links own thread*

http://forums.feplanet.net/thread-660.html
Why don't we fix sprites an mugs guyz? 3 year anniversary since it was broken is coming soon.

Anyway this thing is limited to 5 units so is instantly inferior to FETO as long as we fix sprites and mugs.

btw guys I think I forgot to mention you should fix sprites and mugs, right?
(07-12-2015, 01:30 PM)LeaderR Elliot Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't we fix sprites an mugs guyz? 3 year anniversary since it was broken is coming soon.

Anyway this thing is limited to 5 units so is instantly inferior to FETO as long as we fix sprites and mugs.

btw guys I think I forgot to mention you should fix sprites and mugs, right?

I agree. (Basically, lol)
I never drink Sprite out of a mug! HERESY!

(I'm looking at some code to patch in but it also might horribly break feto)
Pages: 1 2