FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Promoted Double Elim tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
16 man double elim promoted tournament.

I'll post the link here once it is up.

http://feto.feplanet.net/tournament/view/77

Here we go!!!
Good luck everyone! I'm in on this too.
Welp, I've done exactly 0 promo matches so let's see how this goes xD
Also question for both tournaments, can we actually choose from any 2-player map or will the choice be narrowed down when they start? :O
You can choose your map, but it usually goes down to who gets their match done first.

Like, for example, if you chose First Destination, and I chose Snowy Castle, and I'm up against someone, and you're against someone, and we're set to face each other on our next match up, whoever finishes their match first gets their map chosen.

At least, that's what I've seen happen. I could be wrong for all I know.
(06-23-2015, 01:39 PM)Falaflame Wrote: [ -> ]You can choose your map, but it usually goes down to who gets their match done first.

Like, for example, if you chose First Destination, and I chose Snowy Castle, and I'm up against someone, and you're against someone, and we're set to face each other on our next match up, whoever finishes their match first gets their map chosen.

At least, that's what I've seen happen. I could be wrong for all I know.

Pretty sure it's random between the 2 battler's choices, cause I was ending my battle kind of fast and didn't get my choice 100% of the time (close to 30%... lol)
Also can I change the S-ranks my units have without having to reset everything? I suspect my units just got random S-ranks in staves and I feel like it's screwing me over. :/

Edit: Okay I figured out by now that the S-rank for any promoted unit will be the weapon they were able to use as unpromotes. But is there really no other way of doing this? It's kind of disappointing I have to choose between being able to build a unit a certain way or having a particular weapon S-ranked >_>
To be fair, it was the closest we could get to balancing rental units. They used to be B ranks for promotes and D ranks for unpromotes. That put new players at a really bad, unwinnable disadvantage. ._.
Granted that, if they did use to have D/B-ranks, rental units are much more usable now than they are before... Balancing them? Is there any real reason that has to be done and that we shouldn't get to pick which S-ranks our units get or has it just not been implemented yet?
I don't think the rental system was made to be able to pick weapon ranks to begin with. It would take a code rewrite to be able to do that at this point.

In all, you have SaS to blame for this.
Yeah, I can't change what the S ranks are. It's in the tournament guidelines for that reason. And yeah, I upped the weapon levels to make it fairer.

Actually, I could hypothetically change them, but it would be way too much of a hassle for me as I don't know where exactly that information would be in the database.
(06-26-2015, 12:07 AM)fensti Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I can't change what the S ranks are. It's in the tournament guidelines for that reason. And yeah, I upped the weapon levels to make it fairer.

Actually, I could hypothetically change them, but it would be way too much of a hassle for me as I don't know where exactly that information would be in the database.

Not to mention who knows if what you change might break something else, too. It's better just to leave things as is.
Yeah it's fine, I remade my team in order to deal with that as best I could, hopefully it doesn't make too much of a difference =/
(06-26-2015, 06:15 AM)Falaflame Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2015, 12:07 AM)fensti Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I can't change what the S ranks are. It's in the tournament guidelines for that reason. And yeah, I upped the weapon levels to make it fairer.

Not to mention who knows if what you change might break something else, too. It's better just to leave things as is.

That too.
Now that all the spots are filled you will have until Thursday around noon EST to ready your units or be kicked.
And the tournament has begun!