FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Member Purge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We do not have 4,300 members. we have, at most, a fraction of that. 1/10th so to say. The rest are all spambots due to our faulty Captcha.

I suggest we should probably clean up the list. I'd purge the list up until the cutoff date until 1 month from now. At least our member list would look a lot cleaner and a lot more honest.

As well, we should invest on getting a better Captcha. The one we have now isn't doing its job, obviously, lol.
To be fair, this was only supposed to be a temporary site until the real website was up and running (at least that's what I thought). If those plans are shelved permanently, then yes, it's time for a cleanup.
I think it was, but let's be honest, this site isn't going anywhere until we get a developer who's willing to work on our site. Sirocyl has had this site on the backburner for months on end now.

In the meantime, we should tidy up the mess that's building up here during the inactivity.
Pretty sure you can just delete anyone who never posted since creation of the account, even if it was made a week ago.

Worst case scenario, the member has to remake his account, from which he lost nothing cause he never posted.
Well my plan was to just delete accounts that have never been activated. Of course, after checking to see if there's threads made in the activation queue forum first.
Well delete the not activated accounts first like you said,them later do what fredmir says, delete the accounts who never posted, also the inactives ones too
If I do do a purge, it'll only be for accounts that haven't been activated. Shouldn't be too hard to do, just might be time consuming.
(05-16-2015, 07:50 AM)Falaflame Wrote: [ -> ]Sirocyl has had this site on the backburner for months on end now.

I was wondering what was going on.

I support this purge idea. We'd have to renumber everyone though. If a real person joins after spambot 4900, they're still 4901, out of 430 or so members.
(05-29-2015, 10:33 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2015, 07:50 AM)Falaflame Wrote: [ -> ]Sirocyl has had this site on the backburner for months on end now.

I was wondering what was going on.

I support this purge idea. We'd have to renumber everyone though. If a real person joins after spambot 4900, they're still 4901, out of 430 or so members.

As good of an idea that is, i dont think it's plausible the way the system works unfortunately.
We might be able to renumerate, but it would require renumbering EVERYONE by date, and breaking hard links to certain users.
This all sounds very cumbersome. I vote just purge the unvalidated and leave the numbers as is. I mean if renumbering isn't too much of a big deal and someone is willing to do it, then by all means. But otherwise it doesn't seem like enough of an issue to go out of the way to fix.
I'm with Jack on this one. I don't want this to be a complicated process.
The captcha system needs to be improved first. Otherwise, the bots will come right back.

Meanwhile, we just broke 5000 "members".
Well until we find out how to fix the captcha system, we should do something about the major clutter building up. It just looks ugly, and unappealing to actual people who do browse the site that aren't AI.