FEPlanet Community

Full Version: So what have we learned from our team tournament?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've learned quite a few things.

-Maps can make or break a tournament.

-I've also learned that most of the 4-player maps are utter garbage, and is poorly synergized for team play.

-I've also learned that you should never pick symmetrical maps unless they are designed in a way where you can congregate a lot faster than you can get pincered.

-I've also learned that getting anything other than orange/red is almost a sure loss if you're opponent is paired with a decent team mate.

-I've also learned that RNG is a bitch.
These tournies were REALLY player-based what with the skill levels of participants being excessively varied...really like 6 vets, 2 casuals and 8 newbies, why was this not seeded again? (or why don't tourney placements affect tourn. seed?)
Tbh I don't think seeding would've made much of a difference. Everyone had really bad partners with the sole exception of you and Krypt.
... I lol'd.

This tourney has no room for incompetence, I can tell you. Then again, does any battle here have any leeway for mistakes? That aside... Nolan knows how it's done. I'm pretty sure he knew that I would never have gone for anything with a modicum of risk/endangering more than 1 unit.
^_^

And I dunno, Elliot and I beat Speedy and Greene as Blue/Green. :v) :^) :v)

Although Plan Sacrificial Status Lamb made it 2ez.
So, looks like no more team tourneys unless we figure out better rules and maps and such.

I'll leave that part up to you guys since you all play a lot more than I do.
Also it bites that we didn't get anything out of completing battles. I was forced to use the same setup every single match because I didn't get any more tournament points.