FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Stockpile Stat Changes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The current system with FETO is that every week you're allowed one free stat change per unit, there's no carry over or anything for those that may not need them at the moment, and some players may want to redo entire teams after a while or clean up junk units etc....er...

Bottom line: It takes a lot of time and gold to change unit stats, when it should not be necessary for players that rarely even use their weekly stat changes, so why not enable us to gain a free stat change every week vs only having 1 within a weeks time?
Maybe there could be a counter on how many free stat changes you can do (at the given moment) if such a feature is implemented.
I agree with Speedy. It takes a lot of money to change stats when you're not using the free weekly ones and waiting two months just to be able to change your stats for free for an 8 unit squad is absurdly long. While more experienced players might already have the necessary amount of money or will be able to get it reasonably fast by doing multiple gauntlets at the same time, newer players will have a harder time getting all the money and they're the ones who need stat changes the most as they get more experienced and start to see the flaws in their builds or if they want to experiment with different builds.
I would prefer an outright increase tbh. Having started somewhat recently I heroically managed to screw up every single build I have (by which I mean, every single build I made prior a few days ago or something) and I only corrected a handful, if that many, within a week from the date of creation, partly because some characters ended up being locked into battle when I wanted to change their stats. With now 50 characters, I would need a YEAR to fix all of them on free stat changes, if I save up, say, 50000 gold to use just for this purpose it'll be half a year and it's still a lot.

With increase+stockpile people would also now be able to change whole teams more quickly when they need to. Since 6 is the generally accepted team size my inexperienced mind suggests going with 6 weekly stat changes, or 3/4 per week (2 weeks for changing an entire team's builds if it's 6/8) if that's too much Tongue
(05-31-2015, 09:02 AM)MMM Wrote: [ -> ]With increase+stockpile people would also now be able to change whole teams more quickly when they need to. Since 6 is the generally accepted team size my inexperienced mind suggests going with 6 weekly stat changes, or 3/4 per week (2 weeks for changing an entire team's builds if it's 6/8) if that's too much Tongue

I think this is exactly why there was a limit, to block people from changing all the builds of their team to counterpick their opponent in a battle.

Not that it really matters, but there was a reason xP

I don't change much of my stats anyway so I wouldn't know the pain of having to tweak every single units during months of time.

In my opinion, I think the better would be to expand the 1 week free to 1 or 2 (or even 3) months, so the player can actually feel his squad in multiple battles that aren't lvl 1-5 and tweak it for the better during that time.
(05-31-2015, 11:35 AM)Fredmir Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is exactly why there was a limit, to block people from changing all the builds of their team to counterpick their opponent in a battle.

Not that it really matters, but there was a reason xP

I don't change much of my stats anyway so I wouldn't know the pain of having to tweak every single units during months of time.

In my opinion, I think the better would be to expand the 1 week free to 1 or 2 (or even 3) months, so the player can actually feel his squad in multiple battles that aren't lvl 1-5 and tweak it for the better during that time.

In that case change to one per day or something and look, no more counterpicking. Then again if you want to counterpick at some point you can do that just by taking particular units.

I haven't even thought about expanding the free stat change time, but that's actually an even better idea. I'm fairly confident I'll be able to pick my builds better as soon as I have 2-3 months of FETO experience so there wouldn't even be that much of a need for increasing and stockpiling of stat changes. Although having one per day (without stockpiling) would still be nice and would presumably stop counterpicking.

By the way, it's excruciatingly painful.