FEPlanet Community

Full Version: FE Style Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, long time lurker of FE forums finally posting an idea I've had for years. It's not a mod, but a new Strategy RPG game with very heavy FE and Advance Wars influences and visual themes. The game's engine will be coded by myself with one of the main goals behind it being user friendly modding/adding content, in addition to online play.

So the first major milestone for the game will be getting to a point where a demo chapter(level) can be played through in its entirety, complete with sound and art. For the demo art I plan to use FE sprites, then replace it with non-copyright stuff later so I can actually sell the game. The new art could even be in the same style, so if people wanted to do custom sprites for the game... But that's at a later point in time so I won't worry about it now.

Just thought I would get people's opinions or thoughts and questions about it.
I say go for it. Going on from FE fandom to make real games has been an aspiration of mine, so I'll be happy to offer spriting help if you need it. Thanks to a stolen laptop, I don't actually have many examples of my work to show, but I'll have more stuff up soon enough.

Good luck! If you really get into it, be sure to keep us updated. I know that FE could really learn from Advance Wars here and there... namely, enemies actually following the rules of fog of war. >_>
I'm with Alusq, if you feel that you can do it, then go for it. I'd have to practice spriting again if I were to help, but it's things like this that drive us xD
I think the last time I did custom sprite animations was adding on to a Ps2 sprite (forget the name of the game) back in 2011-12? Here it is actually: I added the sword swing in.

[attachment=7]
UPDATE: Its been busy this year! I've started doing the basic directX outline for the game, and I'm debating if I want to add DX9 support or just do strictly 11. I've also started designing a website for it as well, but its not in a state thats viewable yet. Working out some of the design thoughts and issues that have come up, and all of this while raisings kids. >_<

I did want to be further, but at least progress is happening.
I hate being so late to a conversation but I would be *very* careful doing this, I absolutely endorse it but the creator of FE himself did such a project and IS quite literally sued him for copyright infringement (they lost though). So be careful!
Yeah, but Tear Ring Saga was pretty much a facsimile of Fire Emblem in every way, wasn't it? It had a blue-haired protagonist before IntSys C&Ded it and I'm pretty sure it even has pegasus knights as well (also with female-only riders?). It's like Kaga was asking for trouble.
edit: Also, it was called Emblem Saga before being re-named. Emblem Saga! χ_X

So yeah, I think hemmydall will be fine as long as his game isn't called Flame Crest: Morning of Brightness and doesn't have a main character named Morth who wields the Falcon swor—[shot] ... but he probably should stray from Fire Emblem's spriting style to differentiate it.