FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Killing Floor and Killing Floor 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Checked what the game was about early 2013 and it looked quite cool so I picked it and... pretty much fell in love with it.
[Image: GBSgyRA.png]
-ahem- yeah...
Soo... what the game is about?

Killing Floor is a co-op zombie/monster/whatever (well, they're clones actually, aka Zeds) shoottery shooty shoot survival indie game by Tripwire Interactive on Steam, which was originally UT 2004 total conversion mod in 2005 and retail version was released in early 2009.

In game, you and your team of up 6 people try to survive wave after another of nasty monsters from spider-like Crawlers to chainsaw wielding Scrakes with the power of friendship!... I mean... teamwork.
There are 7 perks which can be level up to level 6 (don't let that number fool you, it takes good amount of time to get to the max level) and obvs, every level increases the benefits [link].
Selection of ~40 weapons (+ 12 DLC weapons) which you buy from the trader after each wave (few can be found lying around on the map) and the best part is... none of them are locked to a specific perk (I really hate when they do that in co-op games) so you can go nuts and play Sharpshooter with a shotgun if you so desire.
Maps wary from large and wide-open maps to smaller and claustrophobic + you can choose where to fight and when to run.
And surprise! After all "regular" waves are done you have to fight the big bad boss, The Patriarch.

What else... oh yeah! The gunplay in Killing Floor is absolutely fantastic and not having a crosshair is just a cherry on top... or maybe popping/ cutting heads and limbs are the cherry.
Zed time (their own little name for slow motion) which randomly occurs after killing Zeds.
Also... 3 events: Hillbilly Horror, Summer Sideshow and Twisted Christmas, which have contained major updates but also special Zed skins and achievements that were there only during these events (except they unlocked event stuff not too long ago)

Aside from the goodies what devs have provided, there's the modding community... and they have done lots of stuff.
Lots of new weapons, maps, Zeds and other mods such as Scrn Balance which allows to balance and enhance the basic game like 7+ player servers instead of 6 and changing the limit of how many Zeds are on the field at the same time (currently enjoying servers with 60+ Zeds while default is 32).

So... After 5 years of the release, it sold nearly 3 million copies and ~10 million DLCs (every indie dev's wet dream)... and of course, they announced KF2 which will be making it's way to Steam, SteamOS and PS4.

Currently what they've told & shown includes more perks, Zeds (+ old Zeds aren't just visually upgraded) and... well, more everything + stuff like apparently being able to parry with melee weapons and this time around, there are apparently 20+ ways to destroy Zeds' bodies such as destroying ex. upper left side of Zeds' skull, revealing their brains instead of being able to just cut head and limbs and their blood doesn't disappear from the map unlike in the original so you can paint the map... the gore is real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7FYfRPwpo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkNS5Gl4x8U

...and I hate to say but... I'm excited X.x
Necro of the year.

I have KF2 now. It is every bit as fantastic as Pura claimed it was.
Friend of mine told me about this game back in... high school? I think? It looks absolutely amazing, but I'm not so sure my computer could handle it. :o
Get it anyway D: It would give me a reason to play it again.
I'll have to look into it - price and ability to run are key. I plan to upgrade to a gaming laptop within the year but I'm looking at a hefty $1,400CAD price tag for it. Paying off two financed vehicles with a newborn and my better half on maternity leave, doesn't leave me much flexibility to enjoy my extras, haha. I'm lucky to get a game every three months as of late. Sad First world problems.
(04-11-2016, 08:40 PM)Zanryu Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to look into it - price and ability to run are key. I plan to upgrade to a gaming laptop within the year but I'm looking at a hefty $1,400CAD price tag for it. Paying off two financed vehicles with a newborn and my better half on maternity leave, doesn't leave me much flexibility to enjoy my extras, haha. I'm lucky to get a game every three months as of late. Sad First world problems.

PM me your Steam name.
(04-11-2016, 08:55 PM)WyvernSlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2016, 08:40 PM)Zanryu Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to look into it - price and ability to run are key. I plan to upgrade to a gaming laptop within the year but I'm looking at a hefty $1,400CAD price tag for it. Paying off two financed vehicles with a newborn and my better half on maternity leave, doesn't leave me much flexibility to enjoy my extras, haha. I'm lucky to get a game every three months as of late. Sad First world problems.

PM me your Steam name.

Done! Hope I can get into this game eventually haha. I'm looking forward to H1Z1/DayZ standalone as well!