FEPlanet Community

Full Version: When Strength is All You Have Left, Is That Strength All You Need?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Royce continued to lean into the alleyway.

"Oh yeah? Oh, right, Inn, yeah." He nodded his head to his right and motioned with his left arm. "It's like five..." ...and they were ignoring him. Some talk of lords and yelling and spears and infiltration!?!?

Oh man, oh no, not cool. No no no no no. I am not getting myself thrown in jail for being involved with this.

"So!" Royce yelled out, hoping to gather their attention and stop the scary talk. "I'm gonna, like, go into this inn, that's literally right next to us, and stay dry. Whatever you fellows decide to do, I pray for your good fortune to stay out of the rain! Cheers!"

Royce then spun away and started to briskly walk towards the door.

So close, so close, so close, so close, so close.
"Do not mistake me not charging headfirst instantly as a sign my body has grown weak with sickness, Satsume," Orica said as she walked into the inn to get out of the rain. She walked over to a table and sat down at it. The two of them had just walked in to town. Even strength needed to rest to keep itself up. "There is an order to things. First I need to see how the townspeople are fairing during this ordeal. The state of the town is one thing, but the townspeople themselves should have their voice heard. This is one aspect of ruling."

"After I have a better grip on how things are then I will be prepared to confront whoever it is that has brought the town to this state. If their seize of Tania is something I have found to accentuate their weakness then it is something I must bring up with them and it would be weakness on my part not to learn of that before hand. Once we are ready I will walk in to the Castle to confront them."

She said it with such confidence she had to be serious, knowing how straightforward Orica was. She wasn't going to charge in. She was simply going to walk into Castle Tania while it was overrun with people who may have murdered her family.
Once inside and sitting at a table the woman spoke, relatively more quietly, of her plan. There really was no limit to the witlessness of this woman. The mercenary dropped his head in his right hand. In a low voice, he said, "Girl, you are beyond daft. You had it right when you had entered the alleyway after entering this city. The soldiers aren't stupid, they know you, and your habits. They are expecting you to walk into the castle, and if you do, they will kill you. Quickly or slowly makes no matter. If you really want to know what's going on, we need to sneak into your castle and spy like rats. Surely you've a few friends among Tania's spies?"
Orica looked over at Ambrose after he began to complain about her plan already. "What are these 'Tanian Spies' you speak of. House Tania has no need for such underhanded methods as that. You take my choice of a more defensible position in an alleyway as some weak attempt to hide from the soldiers. I know they knew I was here already and if they were going to attack me then they would have done so, alley or not. I will walk into the castle. If they choose to fight me because I have done so then they do so knowing that either of us could die and if they kill me for it then they are truly strong enough to be here. I will accept that fate."
"Not weak, you armored simpleton, smart," Ambrose corrected the infuriating woman, still speaking softly. "If you go in there, they will not attack you, as you seem to think. At least, not immediately. They will trap you, and then they will have you publicly executed as a Lycian traitor. Think like a cutthroat for once in your pampered life, you noble twat, or else it will end before much longer." He leaned back in his seat. "Like it or not, we're not all paladins out of legend, able and willing to think of nothing but the good of the people and pull Elimine's Miracles out of our asses while we ride unicorns and are clad in shining armor. While that'd be nice, we're not. Nor are we Reedsmen, Black Fang assassins who send a shiver up all the nobles' spines if the interests of the people aren't in their hearts. So do think as if you cannot do as you please in this town you thought you knew."

Ambrose prepared himself to get attacked. She was volatile, and he'd just called her a twat to her face.
It took Satsume all of two seconds to place himself between Fred and Orica. “WELL now, sir!” he said quickly, leaning across the table with his arms outstretched, trying to prevent one (or both) from leaping across to attack the other. “Given the direction this little chat is heading, we’ll be bringing the castle to US, sure enough. Now at the risk of personal injury…” he paused and gave Orica a sarcastic grin, then turned back to the table. “I have an idea that is sure to sate both of you. So both of you, please, keep your shirts on and your mouths shut.”

Satsume started tracing his fingers around the table, drawing imaginary lines to represent the castle. “So if they expect Orica to approach the castle, I say let her. They’ll be of singular mind, and won’t suspect that anyone else is involved.” He moved his fingers around to the opposite side of the table. “That opens an opportunity for someone else to sneak in and deduce their true intentions.” He peered up at Orica. “Because, darling, as much as you would like to think you know everything, we don’t know their plan to a tee.” He ignored any attempts by her to protest and continued.

“Unfortunately, I’ll have to go in the front with Orica, because the soldiers saw me enter the town with her.” He stood up straight and looked across the table at the youngster that had led them out of the rain. “Now I don’t know if this is something you’re up for or not, guy,” Satsume said, “but if you are, you’d want to accompany Fred in accessing the castle through some other means.” He crossed his arms and nodded. “Silently, of course.”

He glanced at Orica, then at Fred. He couldn’t deduce Fred’s thoughts on the matter through his expression. Orica remained as stoic as ever. Satsume sighed. There was no way of knowing how well-received his plan would be.
After a few moments upon seeing the group walk past the window. The inn to the door crept opened three people entered. As this was the only people other than the male working that he has seen; Alexander took heed to what they were doing here on their travels. The male tried to not draw their attention to much in the wrong direction knowing that these could be the only people that could give him some sort of information that was going on.

The group moved to a table to sit and keep to themselves. Alexander took a look at them and saw that they were not normal people since they brought weapons and other items. He thought for a moment to see if it would have been a good idea to greet them and see what was going on, but he really did not make any rash decisions. As he was about make some sort of decision one of the individuals then leaned over the table quickly and gave a gesture as if he was trying to stop some sort of heated argument. Alexander looked puzzled and did not know what started to happened. He waited for some time and then stood up and walked towards them. He really had no idea if he could anything.

“Feels like I am barging into things, but it seems you are in some sort of predicament.” He glanced at them and hoped he was not acting foolish

“Causing some commotion like this would make people worrisome. I don't know to much but guards are around and such in some odd manner.” He waited for a moment again,

“By the way, since guards are around and such and no one working here as too much information about the situation. Do you have any idea what is going on? You are carrying weapons and things like that...” Alexander then raised his sword and said,

“I am a mercenary so I have no idea if were are on the same terms.”
Pages: 1 2