FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Lavi Starts Spriting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have never spliced things before so I'm fairly happy with how this first one came out. Took a while to get the hair in the right position and did an ample amount of guesswork to color the skin. My only bone to pick is that I need to see what colors work for the white cloth so that it doesn't look like it's bleeding.

[Image: Cecily_zpsdaed047d.png]

The mug will be used to represent my new character Cecily. Will have one for Neil soon™.

EDIT:

[Image: Neil_zpsd56eeac1.png]

Got really lazy trying to touch up the skin. Not nearly as good as Cecily, but practice will get me somewhere... I left in the stubble for a bit of variation from the previous work and recolored appropriately. The eyes were surprisingly difficult to recolor. I get the feeling that Neil's forehead needs a slightly darker tone near the top edges since the the overall tone is really bright.
Cecily needs something changed with her head, the eyes don't seem to be level due to her head leaning to the side a bit, yet her hair is sitting as if in a normal "non-head-tilting" position.

Neil needs an outline around his neck and to have the skin colored correctly where it connects to his hair.

Not bad sprites for just starting, looking forward to more~
Thanks for bringing up Cecily's head tilt problem. I'll look into experimenting with rotating the components.
These are very good for being your first attempts!

Cecily is very clean, the most glaring thing to me being the fact that there's now a young girl's head (Nino) on a grown woman's body (Eleanora), making her neck look huge. Any combination of shortening the neck by a few pixels, making the body slightly smaller, or making the head slightly larger may get you some mileage on making everything fit together.
IX already mentioned the hair quirk; more shading under the hair might make it look more natural.
I suggest using the blue colors of Cecily's eyes for the darker colors of the white robe.

Neil's neck is slightly long as well, and IX mentioned the other issues. The clothing does its job, but I encourage you to do more with it to differentiate it from Rath's.
I would also look into matching the skin colors of the faces with the rest of the mugs. I think Cecily's jawline is a bit too thick, and yeah, Neil's neck outline thing.

Still, I think these are better than my first attempts. Or bolder, if nothing else. I didn't do headswaps until just recently.