FEPlanet Community

Full Version: Question for the character beneath you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ambrose: "My father was a guardsman for the town I grew up in. My mother worked as a seamstress.

As a side note, it's refreshing to see that the whole 'wicked stepmother' thing was subverted in your case, Morgan."

Same question.
New Question - You are sent back in time to meet one of your ancestors. Who would that be?

Shad: "Well, I'd like to meet my grandfather back in his prime. He was so skilled with a sword. Perhaps he could teach me a few things my father didn't pass on to me."

Wolfram: "I have no need of such talk. My family has left such thorough records behind, I can live vicariously through their exploits...at least. On my fathers side. I always wondered what kind of life my mother's side lived. Maybe I look into that, instead."
Kalin: "I heard great-grandpa was pretty dashing in his youth. He was a really nice person, but always hid behind his hard exterior. I'd like to meet him... not in a weird way or anything though!"

Ray: "Our family is related to the mountain hermit via marriage. Does that count? If not I'd like to meet my great-grandmother. I always wondered what sort of person she was and what sort of person my great-grandfather fell in love with.

Same question."
Ambrose: "I'd like to meet my great-great-great-grandfather, just to find out who he was."

Same question.
New Question- If you can revive an old thread, which would it be?

New Question - If you could talk to any of the Eight Legends, who would you choose?

Shad: "I would like to speak to Hartmut. Supposedly he was the one who ended the Scouring and I would like to know what it was like during that fight."

Lennox(!): "Durban. I would like to have some perspective from a man whose weapon defined them."
Morgan: "I don't know... Athos, maybe? He was said to bear incredible wisdom, a conversation with him could be enlightening, I guess."

Ingrid: "Saint Elimine, of course. The founder of my homeland and my faith must've been quite a fascinating woman."

Same question. Too lazy to think of a better one.
Cecily: "What would speaking to one of the Legends accomplish? I have no interest in them."

[same question]
Kalin: "Hartmut sounds like the kind of guy that goes on wild adventures and fights dragons and saves villages. Maybe he could tell me his secrets. Though, Barigan was a strange one too. He was nothing like what you'd expect from the founder of Ilia."

Ray: "Barigan somehow became known as the greatest fighter from Ilia, enough to get his own legendary weapon, despite being severely limited by the snow. Bringing a horse to a pegasus fight... I want to know how he pulled that one off.

What, you expected me to say one of the sages? Astos would kick me out of his house something fierce and obviously I would get nothing but a stern talking to from Elimine.

I'll never be able to master Brammimond's power either. There's just some things you can't do, and the sooner you learn to accept that the sooner you can get to the stuff you CAN do.

I guess I'll pitch another question: It's been so long since we've had a real master of any given discipline. What do you think that's like? Everyone knows Barigan and the others were legendary, but what is legendary? And please, something more abstract than 'the ability to save thousands of people'."
Shad: "I think a legendary warrior should be able to pick up a weapon at random and be able to defeat anyone thrown at them. I think that's what my great-grandfather was aspiring to. He prefers to use shortswords, but he's been fighting for over seventy years, and still could be for all I know, and since he wants to go out in battle, he's picked up weapons he had no experience in them until he was too good to be bested while using it. If he's still alive, he could fit the bill to be considered legendary, but he left for the Western isles almost fifteen years ago. Even if he wasn't slain, his body must have given out on him by now."

Lennox: "I think it's hard to define legendary. I think you need to look at something for years after an accomplishment before you can definitively call something legendary. When were the Eight Legends considered as such? Elimine ascended to Sainthood after her death, but when they, collectively, called legendary. How many generations passed before that title was bequeathed onto them? For that matter, when were their weapons considered legendary weapons and where are the stories of the people who forged them?

My ancestor created Dyrnwyn in an attempt to match those blades. She forged it herself and made a weapon that determined the worth of its user. Was Dyrnwyn her magnum opus? Did she make others? Why would she make only one blade to attempt to rival those of the Eight Legends? Francesca the Generous is only known because of Dyrnwyn. Almost no records detail any other aspect of her life outside of my family tree. The Eight Legends, outside of Elimine, are only regarded for their deeds and weapons. So I think...that in order for something to be considered legendary one needs a truly defining moment that could be recorded and passed on after their death and the people who hear that moment would decide for themselves if that person is worthy."

New Question - If you could choose any of the legendary weapons to wield, which one would it be?

Shad: "I know it isn't one of the weapons of the Eight Legends, but I'd choose the Mani Katti. Durandal and Echesachs are a little out of my league in terms of size and I wouldn't even dare touch the Sword of Seals. That might cause more harm than good."

Lennox: "Dyrnwyn is good enough for me. Although, I'd like a worthy foe to wield Durandal against me. If I was to take a guess, I would think that Francesca made Dyrnwyn as a potential replacement for Durandal. I'd like to see how it stacks up. If I have to choose a weapon of the Eight Legends, than Armads. I'm dying a violent death regardless, may as well triple-down on it using Armads."
Pages: 1 2 3