FEPlanet Community

Full Version: FE6 HM Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quite possibly the most insane idea yet.

The draft rules are explained here, so look up something that I've missed. My draft will be a little... different, though. I've taken the rules from the following link, edited them, and posted them below.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.ph...opic=24029

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 3 players.
2. Roy, Marcus, Merlinus, Lalam/Elphin, Fa, Chad, Astohl, and Cath (lol) are free for all to use. Free characters are considered drafted by everybody simultaneously. Anyone may use them without penalty.
3. There's a one early-game cleric per person rule.
4. Rutger is banned. He is treated as an undraftable character but the penalty is automatic loss instead of 4 turns.
5. If Shin OR Sue are drafted, Tate AND Thany are free to arena abuse.
6. If Tate OR Thany are drafted, Shin AND Sue are free to arena abuse.
7. A non-drafted cleric is free to heal the two units that are free to arena abuse. No other units. All the characters listed in this rule and the above two may not fight in any other way. No meatshielding. Any other use of them that violates the rules below incurs the turn penalty mentioned a ways down.
7. The game will be played on Hard Mode.

Quote:[12:15:19 AM] Kaishin: The thieves and dancers are free because it didn't seem right to put them to a draft.
[12:15:25 AM | Edited 12:22:50 AM] Kaishin: durr hurr one person is left without a dancer or thief
[12:15:59 AM] Kaishin: Marcus is free because the game is impossible on HM without him
[12:16:03 AM] Kaishin: And Roy is free because duh

Fa and Merlinus are free because that's what serene's said. They must have a good reason for this.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Use of the Warp staff is allowed.
4. All Gaiden chapters are required to be visited. Chapter 20x (either route) does not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken (don't know why this is here, but it must be for a good reason).
5. NPCs may do as they please without penalty.
6. The game must be played out to the True Ending.
7. The winner is the person who completes the game in the least amount of turns.
8. You will have 3 months from when the last person drafts their last character to beat the game and post your score. Any indication of your score works, you can record it and post it, take a screenie, give chapter by chapter progress, whatev. Easiest way is just to screen it at the end though.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty per unit, per chapter.

Teams (in order of selection):
Speedy - Lilina, Wolt, Clarine, Noah, Zeiss, Fir, Oujay, Hugh
Elliot - Dieck, Miledy, Thany, Percival, Saul, Ray, Sue, Cecilia
Breadophile - Lugh, Alan, Lance, Tate, Shin, Gonzales, Niime, Ellen

Speed, Elliot, and myself are going to be doing a draft run of Fire Emblem Sword of Seals/Binding Blade on Hard Mode, because we're champions and champions don't do Normal Mode.

We will each take turns drafting characters as per the norm, with the characters we pick being usable by us and no others, as per usual.

The draft this time, however, will be a little bit different for the first pick.

Instead of using the RNG to determine order and then doing a round robin reverse round robin deal, Elliot, Speeds, and myself will all pick our first character at once. That character is ours (barring duplicate picks) Turn order will then be decided by reverse order on the following tier list.

In the case of the same character being picked, that character becomes banned and the two people must repick. They may not pick any characters higher on the tier list than the character that the lowest person picked. Yes, this means they would choose first. In the event of 3 characters becoming banned this way we restart.

Top:
Rutger - Banned
Dieck - Elliot
Lance - Kaishin
Alan - Kaishin
Clarine - Speedy
Miledy - Elliot
Percival - Elliot

High:
Echidna
Lugh - Kaishin
Gonzales [Lalam Route] - Kaishin
Fir - Speedy
Chad - Free
Astol - Free
Lalum - Free
Elphin - Free
Shin - Kaishin

Upper Middle:
Saul - Elliot
Gonzales [Elphin Route] - Kaishin
Ellen - Kaishin
Tate - Kaishin
Noah - Speedy
Lot
Oujay - Speedy
Treck
Marcus - Free
Geese
Roy - Free
Klein

Lower Middle:
Zeiss - Speedy
Ray - Elliot
Thany - Elliot
Fa - Free
Dayan
Igrene
Hugh - Speedy
Bartre
Garret
Lilina - Speedy
Cath - Free
Cecilia - Elliot
Zealot
Niime - Kaishin
Yodel - Free

Low:
Ward
Douglas
Dorothy
Bors
Barth
Wolt - Speedy
Sue - Elliot

Bottom:
Karel
Yunno
Sophia
Wendy

If Elliot picks Dieck, I pick Lance, and Speedy picks Alan, then the turn order is Speedy, Me, Elliot. The turn order would not reverse when we get to Elliot as per the norm.

The insanity of this draft means that you'll be resetting for good growths a lot. You're allowed to savestate until before the first RN of a chapter is rolled, for convenience. You can load any savestates before that point and use the move trick to adjust the RNs , but may load no savestates after. You may also not use the move trick after the first RN is rolled, because that effectively means you have a second savestate that simply takes time to reload. Honor code here. Obviously nobody cares if you savestate halfway, quit, and then reload and delete it because you're anal about VBA losing your progress.

Additional Rules:
1. Buying of boots from shops are banned. Any other statboosters are okay. Boots from chapter 16 chest are okay.
2. You may recruit any character to avoid fighting them or killing them, or to take their stuff.
3. Edit to draft: Yodel is now free.
4. Edit to draft: Barth, Wendy, and Oujay are allowed to destroy the wall between them and the rest of the stage. If they get into any other combat they receive the penalty unless they are drafted.
I pick DIEK

OH WAIT KAISHIN DOESNT WANT ME TO PICK UNITS YET!
Lugh
Lilina, next~
Just wonderin, are you guys recruiting Rutger and bench him, or are you outright killing him?
I will recruit him because of his killer edge
(06-15-2014, 04:03 PM)LeaderR Elliot Wrote: [ -> ]I will recruit him because of his killer edge

Yeah, same. This is totes okay. Rutger would be a total pain to kill anyway.
My team

Elliot: deke, milady, thany, percival, saul, ray, sue, cecilia!

lovely team.
unit impressions

Roy:
our lovely lord that is stuck without promotion until we get to chapter 22. since I have never played HARD MODO before I think he will be behind the team most of the time

Marcus
The saviour of this draft. Hardest map so far is chapter 1... I havent even started!

Merlinus the almighty!
He cannot die 10/10

dancer/thieves/dragon girl
i like free things sad thing that beside the thieves i wont get to use these until i get to do the maps.

DEKE
ARMORSLAYER/10 with RUTOGA gone He is in charge of boss kills

Thany
I heard she supports DEKE but I cannot figure how those work! Flying utility since chapter 2!

Saul
Healer/10 I should have picked ELLEN darn!

Sue
Murgleis so good. she not so much

ray
DARK MAGIC, i really dunno why i did not pick zealot

Milady
OP flier, gets statused too much tho, she is solo'ing maps mid and late game

Percival
My durandal user, he is OP too, and he is only MINE.

Cecilia.
ehh our clutch character from midgame an on!

EDIT 04/07/2014

Chapter 1 12turns/12total

Roy got 2 level ups marus killed stuff and built sword rank
trade stuff to marcus
no extra units were used

EDIT2: SAME DAY

Chapter 2 8turns/20 total

merlinus goes to village, he visits it on turn 3 because I am dumb, lance makes sure to deliver it on turn 5

marcus and roy go straight to soldiers, no big deal, on turn 2 i place marcus on the fort with silver and roy heals. meanwhile DEKE is on a fort with iron sword because i thout BLADE weighted him down. Roy knows how to dodge handaxes.

turn 3. roys attacks and marcus rescues him, shanna drops him. only one initial brigand is left. A DEKE holds the fort. forgot to trade stuff from the fighters.

turn 4. marucs ande DEKE clear most enemies that were clsoe to the forts. roy crits the last initial hand axe bandit. shanna rescues roy. shanna barely survived an EP bandit. Gave DEKE the armorslayer.

turn7. I remember placing roy to lure a bandit and marcus silver lance crits the last archer.
EP roy dodges.

turn8. I feed shanna the last bandit kill and let DEKE ORKO the boss. Roy seizes.

turn 5. I use vulneraries
Update:

chapter 3 14turns/ 34 total

scouting chad to the throne room made to get the poleaxe and 3000 gold so i got a 14 turn clear. Thinking I am gonna lose this now lol

Deke got a lv and thany got 2, marcus got his first lv up where he decided proc'ing str, spd and skl at the same time. DEKE ORKO's the boss. merlinus got the mend on village. this is a pain to read 0/10.

chapter 4 10 turns/44 total

DEKE got 12 spd on turn 2 that allowed him to pursuit the enemies. I hate cavaliers. used a lot of silver lance is at 4/20 after this chapter. merlinus got the angel robe on turn 9. DEKE went shopping on 10. Recruited RUTOGASPEED on turn 7. his Killer went straight to DEKE.
Marcus killed the boss on 2 turns with the silver lance. I hate cavaliers.
(07-05-2014, 01:56 PM)LeaderR Elliot Wrote: [ -> ]Update:

chapter 3 14turns/ 34 total

scouting chad to the throne room made to get the poleaxe and 3000 gold so i got a 14 turn clear. Thinking I am gonna lose this now lol

Deke got a lv and thany got 2, marcus got his first lv up where he decided proc'ing str, spd and skl at the same time. DEKE ORKO's the boss. merlinus got the mend on village. this is a pain to read 0/10.

chapter 4 10 turns/44 total

DEKE got 12 spd on turn 2 that allowed him to pursuit the enemies. I hate cavaliers. used a lot of silver lance is at 4/20 after this chapter. merlinus got the angel robe on turn 9. DEKE went shopping on 10. Recruited RUTOGASPEED on turn 7. his Killer went straight to DEKE.
Marcus killed the boss on 2 turns with the silver lance. I hate cavaliers.

How did you kill the boss in 2 turns? He has 40 HP doesn't get doubled and Marcus does 13 per strike.

Also Merlinus not dying is oh so ridiculously useful.
Erick has 34 hp and DEKE ORKO's the other 2 armors

EDIT1: 06/07/2014

Chapter 5: 28 turns/72 total

HELLLLLLLLLLLL

Okay... general strategy... I bought lots of vulneraries and havelins along with some handaxes for like 10 k gold last map... becuase i did not buy anything on chapter 2 (lol). so i had to take all those vulneraries on turn one. give 2 javelins to marcus along with a vulnerary and the iron blade. deke got the Killer edge an iron sword and two vulneraries. Shanna took a vulnerary and the angel robe. roy took 2 vulneraries. all this on turn 1.

All this while marcus and shanna rescue/dropped DEKE 1 tile below the closest fort. after that marcus rescues shanna so with a clever chain of rescue (okay not so clever...) place marcus on the fort near the boss.

I did not account that the bandits wanted to cross the mountains so chad and roy stand on a forest and mountain dodging the entire map.

killed most reiforcements. had a couple of great lv ups. and the boss dory took like 8-10 turns to die because reinforcemens were bad and at least he killed marcus once so RAGE!!!.

STATS...
Code:
UNIT   |LEVEL|HP|SM|SKL|SPD|LCK|DEF|RES
Roy    |05/--|22|07|07 |08 |09 |08 |02
Marcus |--/05|35|10|16 |13 |11 |10 |09
DEKE   |13/--|32|11|14 |15 |07 |07 |02
Shanna |06/--|27|06|07 |15 |10 |07 |07
Chad     BASE
Merlinus BASE